Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Any Doctor Who fans here????

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Any Doctor Who fans here????

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

james1969 wrote: <snip>

I hear Hollywood often use other countries like Canada and New Zealand now for film locations, not only is the scenery spactacular, unspoiled comparitivley, but the costs and exchange rates are favourable. We done King Kong, The Lion, Witch, and the wardrobe series of movies, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Hobbit Series, Avatar, Shrek. to name a few. Yet no one can find us on a map, even LORDE still gets called an Australian, :shakefist:
Canada has long been used by Hollywood for location shoots, partly because of the exchange rate. In fact, Vancouver has been nicknamed "Hollywood North" because there's so much movie and TV business conducted there.

For example, the re-make of Battlestar Galactica was shot in and around the area. In fact, I recognized many of the city landmarks from when I was a grad student there 35 years ago. Many of the cast members were Canadians as well, such as Michael Hogan (Col. Tigh) and Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol). Currently, the AMC series Hell on Wheels is shot in southern Alberta. (I don't know the actual locations, but I certainly recognize the landscape.) Also, the Clint Eastwood movie Unforgiven was also filmed in the province.

Even earlier, the movie Silver Streak (with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor) was filmed in Canada. I saw that movie during my senior undergrad year with some of my dorm mates and we had a hoot looking for familiar locations. There's a police chase near the end of the flick that was filmed on a city bridge just off campus, which we all recognized. Better yet was how Calgary was passed off as Kansas City. When the movie showed the downtown area from the air, the whole audience roared with laughter because the most prominent landmark in the city at that time, the Calgary Tower, stuck out like a sore thumb.

I grew up in northern British Columbia not far from the Alaska Highway. During the summers, we often had a lot of American tourists passing through town on their way up to the 49th state. I think many of them were pleasantly surprised that Canada was not only so large, it had some terrific scenery as well.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

I have issues 1-10 of Doctor Who, Marvel 1984, near mint.
Any offers?
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

Red Star

Post by Red Star »

It's been awhile,but I wanted to share this with you...

To do a male to female Doctor regeneration scene....

If you can't multi task,get a friend or acquaintance to work the camera.

That'll leave you free to dress up like your favorite Doctor

After shooting pics of you as the Doctor,dress up your doll(any brand,but a Real Doll works also)in your Doctor outfit and take her pictures

Use whatever Photoshop program to add the regeneration effects! :)

Share them online(this forum,your Facebook page,etc.)

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

A fun part of of TV :D

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Red Star wrote:It's been awhile,but I wanted to share this with you...

To do a male to female Doctor regeneration scene....

If you can't multi task,get a friend or acquaintance to work the camera.

That'll leave you free to dress up like your favorite Doctor

After shooting pics of you as the Doctor,dress up your doll(any brand,but a Real Doll works also)in your Doctor outfit and take her pictures

Use whatever Photoshop program to add the regeneration effects! :)

Share them online(this forum,your Facebook page,etc.)

They should make the next one a woman, for real. Although i think the series is losing popularity. Stories havent been that great with Peter Capaldi as the doctor

AlbertWesker01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AlbertWesker01 »

yep Doctor Who Fan here

personally id love to see Dolls dressing up like Peri....especially the Attack of The Cyberman outfit

AlbertWesker01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AlbertWesker01 »

and no The Doctor should not be female

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

james1969 wrote:They should make the next one a woman, for real. Although i think the series is losing popularity. Stories havent been that great with Peter Capaldi as the doctor
Gotta disagree with you on both counts there; the Doctor should stay male (although a true female version of him would make for an interesting episode).
Besides, the BBC will be making Dr. Who episodes for the next few years.

And while I haven't seen all of the 12th Doctor's episodes, I thought "Robots of Sherwood" was really fun, "Time Heist" was brilliant, and "Flatline" was superb! Doctor #12 is a refreshing change attitude-wise from boyish #10 and #11 (who I also like).

AlbertWesker01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AlbertWesker01 »

They should make the next one a woman, for real. Although i think the series is losing popularity. Stories havent been that great with Peter Capaldi as the doctor[/quote]

if you think that changing a characters gender is going to increase popularity than you dont know the first thing about tv and movies

the whole thing would be nothing more than a political movement to appease a certain demographic

why is the show is losing popularity? its because the writing has gone down the hill. moffatt has unfortunately not given any care to the direction of the show
while RTD wasnt the best writer he knew where to take the show

for a show to be popular its got to have good characters and a good story

thats the secret

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Not a miniacal fan but, definately some great stories and characters!

Melody Pond/River Song - Is probably my favorite character. :angel: (She IS the best female time lord) and she should have her own show!

Between the autons and weeping angels, it's funny most of us with doll "companions" can sleep at night!
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

AlbertWesker01 wrote:They should make the next one a woman, for real. Although i think the series is losing popularity. Stories havent been that great with Peter Capaldi as the doctor

if you think that changing a characters gender is going to increase popularity than you dont know the first thing about tv and movies

the whole thing would be nothing more than a political movement to appease a certain demographic

why is the show is losing popularity? its because the writing has gone down the hill. moffatt has unfortunately not given any care to the direction of the show
while RTD wasnt the best writer he knew where to take the show

for a show to be popular its got to have good characters and a good story

thats the secret[/quote]

Not saying having a female will make it popular, just curious as to how that will change the dynamic of the story, and yes, good characters and plot are essential, thats why ive been a fan of the show for about 30 yrs, on and off, we have our favourites, mine was Tom Baker. :)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

jiayi wrote:"What if the Doctor regenerates into a woman?"
This I would like to see. Do you think any of the producers read TDF?

Not just as a woman...but as a Transwomen attack refrigerator!

Dr Who goes totally modernist PC in the latest regeneration.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

C'mon everyone,.... who didn't see the Dr's last regeneration becoming a woman?

They let that cat out of the bag when the Masters last regeneration was female.

And there was the Captain of the guard on Gallifrey who the Dr shot had only one regeneration left became female.

Enough clues have been left, enough precedents have been set,.....

Just say'n,....

;)

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

DelosDroid

Post by DelosDroid »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

C'mon everyone,.... who didn't see the Dr's last regeneration becoming a woman?

They let that cat out of the bag when the Masters last regeneration was female.

And there was the Captain of the guard on Gallifrey who the Dr shot had only one regeneration left became female.

Enough clues have been left, enough precedents have been set,.....

Just say'n,....

;)

Playtime.
I was hoping the doctor would regenerate into a woman - at least once anyway. They'd been toying with the idea since 1986 when one of the original creators of the show was pushing the idea back then... but the BBC chickened out. I also saw the whole Master/Captain female version as the show runners testing the water so to speak, although I thought they'd chicken out again when it came to the doctor.

Still, given that Michelle Gomez's portrayal of the Master was very popular, I guess the BBC felt it was safe now to make the doctor female. :D

I'm looking forward to the new series.

Also, I should try to get the new Doctors outfits for my Matina. :wink:

nordicdude
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by nordicdude »

Not a fan of the old series, the new series is nice af! (last X episodes)

INFORMATIONS