Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Stand Review

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Homelessfish

Re: Real Doll Stand Review

Post by Homelessfish »

Thanks for all that detailed info and picture Supersoul, its food for thought. Probably still going to stick with a stand with wheels though as we reckon this will be the easiest way to get her in and out of the closet without damaging her.

tired
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tired »

Supersoul, thank you for the review. For the users who had problems with the pad rotating, you may be able to solve the problem by drilling a hole through the "pad's tube", so that the pin used to adjust the elevation is inserted through the "pad's tube". Obviously, remove the "pad tube" before drilling to prevent damage to the center tube with holes already. This modification would keep the pad elevation and prevent rotation. I do not have the stand, but this should solve the pad rotation problem. I plan on making a similar stand with a heavy duty shelf support (rated at 250 lbs) mounted on a heavy duty speaker stand.
Attachments
Shelf Bracket.jpg
Shelf Bracket.jpg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 9156 times
Realdoll2: Body: C; Face: O (Olivia); Skin Tone: Medium; Eye Color: Hazel Green (Veins); Eye Shadow: Slate; Eye Liner: Light, Black; Hair Color: Light Brown; Hair Style: 702; Nail Color: Red; Lip Color: Red; Pubic Hair: Shaved; Removable Vaginal Style; Special Options: Eyes with Veins; Light Red Nipple Color; Extra Eyes Blue/Grey (Veins); Duracast hands and feet
Faxed Order Date: 11/26/2014; Actual Order Date 12/2/2014; the "Doll is Ready Call" 3/23/2015;

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Thanks tired glad you found the review informative and fun reading. As for the pad rotation, yes if the thumb screw on the shaft is left loose this will happen, but once the doll is in position and the pad is nicely tucked into the small of her back you can just tighten the thumb screw and it will hold firm.

I have had this stand for over a year now and I really don't know how I lived without it before. It is so handy for maintenance, inspection (especially of their nice bums!), changing outfits and of course posing for photos. I have figured out a bit better how the rotation of the dolls legs works now so I should be able to do more convincing standing shots from now on.
This stand gets a heavy workout with me and is shared between 2 dolls so I have defiantly put it through its paces and it has not let me down once, solid, robust, well built, fast to deploy and flexible in the ways you can use it, I love it!

There are a lot of user made stands out there and if you have the skills and time to make something that's great, the only thing I would say is over engineer it as the last thing you want is your expensive and precious doll ending up crashed on the floor! For the rest of us this stand is a fantastic alternative.

Here is an out take from a shoot we did today that I will post up later, it shows the stand in action and Jades incredible bum :thumbs_up:

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi Supersoul,
These :thumbs_up: pictures are a nice addition to your doll stand review as it shows the correct positioning of the back support.
Thanks for sharing these helpful information!

:D Guy

Homelessfish

Post by Homelessfish »

siliconefun wrote:Hi Supersoul,
These :thumbs_up: pictures are a nice addition to your doll stand review as it shows the correct positioning of the back support.
Thanks for sharing these helpful information!

:D Guy
Ditto :glou:

tired
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tired »

Supersoul, thanks. Thanks for the suggestion on over-designing; I plan to. What's the approximate diameter and length of the bolt used to connect to the doll? Looks to be about 1/2" and 1" long?
Realdoll2: Body: C; Face: O (Olivia); Skin Tone: Medium; Eye Color: Hazel Green (Veins); Eye Shadow: Slate; Eye Liner: Light, Black; Hair Color: Light Brown; Hair Style: 702; Nail Color: Red; Lip Color: Red; Pubic Hair: Shaved; Removable Vaginal Style; Special Options: Eyes with Veins; Light Red Nipple Color; Extra Eyes Blue/Grey (Veins); Duracast hands and feet
Faxed Order Date: 11/26/2014; Actual Order Date 12/2/2014; the "Doll is Ready Call" 3/23/2015;

orlan

Post by orlan »

Great Review of the stand. Im not up set that i ordered one.

Tufgngbob

Post by Tufgngbob »

I am surprised that so many have made comments that it would be great to have wheels on the RD stand but yet it seems no one has just put wheels on one. It would not be difficult to either attach large caster type wheels to the stand and / or just cut a piece of 3/4 " plywood, put the wheels on there and then put the stand on top. Am I missing something as to why neither of those would be an easy solution?

Umoplata
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Umoplata »

bigd10 wrote:I am currently saving to get a RD2 Body D and a BT3 both with gel implants :-) can the stand be used for long term storage?
Exactly what I have. The BT3 is on the stand and the RD2 D is in the storage box until I get the other stand out of storage.

Umoplata
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Umoplata »

Stiletto wrote:
Stiletto wrote:There's very little clearance so you have to use the butt pad at all times. It works for posing but you can't let the doll hang freely for storage or dressing/cleaning.
Though to be fair the RD stand looks to have the same limitation.

Can someone who has one confirm that the butt pad needs to be used at all times to keep the doll from pressing against the upright post?
I've always put the pad at the lower back and never directly on the butt.

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Tufgngbob wrote:I am surprised that so many have made comments that it would be great to have wheels on the RD stand but yet it seems no one has just put wheels on one. It would not be difficult to either attach large caster type wheels to the stand and / or just cut a piece of 3/4 " plywood, put the wheels on there and then put the stand on top. Am I missing something as to why neither of those would be an easy solution?
Yea, I guess you could put wheels on anything if you wanted too but in this case I go back to what I said earlier that this stand doesn't need wheels as its beauty is in the ease of transport, quick deployment, light weight and strength. There are many users on this forum that have made there own stands and they are awesome, but not many would be as easy to transport and as quick to assemble at a photo shoot and as forgiving with varied terrain and surface densities.

But its horses for courses. If you want a stand you can wheel about inside your house then you might be better off with another design, if you want a stand you can take anywhere easily, that is robust and well capable of taking your dolls weight and has so much adjustment that your options of what you can do with it from cleaning and dressing your doll, to realistic posing of your doll anywhere in your house for display, that takes up very little space (depending on how you configure it) then the Real Doll stand is hard to go past.

I have used this stand all over the country side from beaches to river settings, mountain passes to lake sides, dusty country roads on a slope to muddy paddocks, not to mention displaying my girls in the nice safe environment of the inside of my home and there is no other stand I would depend on more to get the job done, it is rock solid and just works!

I have however recently worn a part out on the stand, it still functioned but was a bit of a pain with the legs flopping around when I moved it, but a quick email to sales@realdoll.com and a new part was on its way to me, initially I didn't think it was the right part as it was much smaller but on fitting it too the stand it was perfect.

This is the worn part, shows how much use my stand actually gets!
New knob 2.jpg
New knob 2.jpg (640.32 KiB) Viewed 8694 times
The new knob is much smaller, hey, smaller, lighter better! (and its a good excuse to get a pic of Jades fantastic ass!)
New knob.jpg
New knob.jpg (476.92 KiB) Viewed 8694 times
How I got on before I got this stand I don't know, it really is the mutts nuts!

elijah44
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by elijah44 »

I also have the tripod stand, I think it could be improved to allow for more versatility and movent of the doll on it ;)

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

CowboyStudio Universal Heavy Duty 150lb Max Video Cinema Film Studio Tripod Dolly FT9911
Attachments
Real Doll Stand with wheels.JPG
Real Doll Stand with wheels.JPG (993.03 KiB) Viewed 8640 times

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Wow that's a great setup! Do you have to be in the industry to get one of those or is it something anyone could buy?
Any links?
Thanks for sharing this swanhealy!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hey Supersoul, I looked at Amazon.com and they have that tripod dolly available! I opened up the camera and photo section and typed in ( Cowboy studios tripod dolly) and there it was, the top middle photo (the 150 LB model)! I copied the link, it is below,..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ipod+dolly

INFORMATIONS