Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Stand Review

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Real Doll Stand Review

Post by Wim »

life-is-plastic wrote:excellent read and clear review Supersoul

Just a question, and please don't think I'm playing down your pictures: the pictures of Jade on the stand are pretty good, but I think it's a pity the legs are still a bit bend outwards too much. Without having a RD and/or a RD-stand I am wondering: is it difficult to straighten the legs, so it looks more like the doll is actually putting her weight on there? Or is this doll-construction-wise a bad thing to try to achieve? As said: just wondering.
Straighten the legs is not difficult, but holding them together is. After all there is room for an insert between the legs.
This is as much as I can do without tying them together or using force:
Attachments
Dsc_0002.jpg
Dsc_0002.jpg (246.23 KiB) Viewed 8727 times

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Just a question, and please don't think I'm playing down your pictures: the pictures of Jade on the stand are pretty good, but I think it's a pity the legs are still a bit bend outwards too much. Without having a RD and/or a RD-stand I am wondering: is it difficult to straighten the legs, so it looks more like the doll is actually putting her weight on there? Or is this doll-construction-wise a bad thing to try to achieve? As said: just wondering.
Yes its something I am still adjusting too, still trying new things and poses. I have found one leg forward and one behind works well for getting them straighter, poor old Jade, her legs are bent a bit outward from me being in between them so much! Like Wim said above there still needs to be room for an insert so it is an on going challenge.

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by life-is-plastic »

Supersoul wrote:

Yes its something I am still adjusting too, still trying new things and poses. I have found one leg forward and one behind works well for getting them straighter, poor old Jade, her legs are bent a bit outward from me being in between them so much! Like Wim said above there still needs to be room for an insert so it is an on going challenge.
cheers, kinda as I expected ... leaving out the insert wouldn't created a little more extra room? Provided it's an option for the shoot?

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Yes it does, but you still get the outer labia compressing together, rather than risk damaging her I just pull her legs together to a point I am comfortable with.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

I placed an piece of cloth over the top of the stand. Otherwise it damages the wigs. I remove and place my wigs almost every day, and it was constantly stuck on the screws.
Attachments
sok1.jpg
sok1.jpg (314.25 KiB) Viewed 8686 times

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

That's a good idea Wim, I only really use my stand for photo shoots so the girls are not really on long enough to get caught up, its more the neck bolt I have wig trouble with when getting them in and out of their crates. Often on the stand I will put her wig on last as its easier to move her into place and position with out the wig, also then you can give her a fresh style once you put her wig on just for the shoot :mrgreen:

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

@Supersoul,
thanks a lot for complete review.
This stand works very fine and it's ideal to photography, so it's easy to "camouflage", due to dark color.
Long, I was looking for infos about this stand, especially about handling of tripod, that allow to put a doll in many position.
I think that I will buy it for Christmas, I will a helpful gift to my Loly. :wink:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Yes, the doll stands are great and if you are good with photoshop you can generally remove the stand from the background... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Sounds great Anassilao, I'm sure you would be very happy with it and I'm sure we would be happy with the resulting photos from you having an Abyss stand for your georgouse Lolly :mrgreen: It would complement your excellent self built stand very well too I think.

The great thing about photo editing out this stand is it is not bulky, so there are very clean minimalist lines to work with, and in the other case good ol'e fashioned camouflage works well due to its colour. the following photo has no photo editing at all.

This shot you can see a little of the stand through Jades legs but it was not enough to worry about, the dolls can hide the stand very well just with good placement.

I am in the beginning of the process of doing a 'How too' user guide for proper setup, I hope to add it to this review before the end of the year, I'm going to try to make it a video, stay tuned!

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

A great review Supersoul. :glou:

Sorry for my late reply to the thread but with the resent meet and other commitments I'm just now trying to catch up on posts :).

I love the two photos above, really nice work, all I can say is please keep taking them :thumbs_up:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Cognacian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cognacian »

Lovely photos and great review!

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

What I would find extremely desirable, would be the ability to attach small wheels to the stands legs, so that the stand could be used to move my doll from place to place, or room to room.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

lisabt3 wrote:What I would find extremely desirable, would be the ability to attach small wheels to the stands legs, so that the stand could be used to move my doll from place to place, or room to room.
Or just buy an doll stand with wheels:

Not very cheap.

http://www.sinthetics.biz/collections/d ... ith-wheels

Stiletto

Post by Stiletto »

Wim wrote:Or just buy an doll stand with wheels:
Unfortunately they don't look like that anymore. Here's their current design which I recently received:
stand.jpg
stand.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 8458 times
Notice the lack of extension at the top. The hook is bolted directly to the upright. There's very little clearance so you have to use the butt pad at all times. It works for posing but you can't let the doll hang freely for storage or dressing/cleaning.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Stiletto wrote:Notice the lack of extension at the top. The hook is bolted directly to the upright. There's very little clearance so you have to use the butt pad at all times. It works for posing but you can't let the doll hang freely for storage or dressing/cleaning.
Indeed, this design creates a lot of pressure on the butt area, not really advisable for long time storage, not to mention dressing is pretty hard on this stand, as you'll always struggle with the butt pad being in the way.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS