Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Appearing on House MD!! (This Monday)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Real Doll Appearing on House MD!! (This Monday)

Post by AlyDolly »

Just got started watching house and from what I can tell so fare its a pretty good show .8)
It does not seem to be an exploitation episode (aka) Lets poke fun of the guys that own $7000 love dolls. Just like most people here the doll owner on the show seems to be a cool level headed guy in tune with reality. He's well aware it's just a doll but that it gives him what he needs untill he can meet miss right. It's also clearly stated that what the doll brings to the table is not just 100% sexual . It should also be noted that this is the story of a man that has the option to date a real girl but instead chooses to avoid her to keep himself from the heart breaks that come with real relationships. This Is NOT the story of a man that seeks out artificial love from a doll because he has no choice in the matter. The people that find out about him owning a doll start to poke a little fun but are quickly shut down as the lead character in the show named "House" lets them in on the fact that they all in a way have have dolls that they use to avoid real relationships only that most people use other things as an excuse to not have a meaningful relationship like their work/careers and that the doll owner just chose to pick a doll as his poison. A female doctor convinces him that as a human he deserves much more than a doll as a companion. So much so that at the end he started asking "you don't suppose used Sex dolls go for anything online ?" I dont wanna give to much away for those of you who still plan on watching the show other than that the doll does come to life and takes the form of a human girl. Starts taking her cloths of and trys to have sex with him ..Kinda lol :plaidskirt:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.81 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Capture7.JPG
Capture7.JPG (47.58 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (103.65 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (131.67 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Capture6.JPG
Capture6.JPG (47.13 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

The best part was they thought the doll was making him sick and would be full of germs but she passed with flying colors during her OBG exam. The doll had some pretty good air time and the show was pretty thruthful on how your treated as a doll owner. At one point the group of doctors were judging the doll owner when HOUSE pointed out the group was more F''ed up than the guy with the doll so who were they to even say anything. At the end the two real girls still rejected the doll owner when he asked them out and he ends up with his doll. The Irony is both RG would have said yes if he didn't have the doll as a girlfriend and both pushed him to go out with RGs. Classic Catch-22.

The episode is worth a watch if you find it online.

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

Joe Bin wrote:I just finished watching House. It was a pretty good episode. :thumbs_up: One thing that stands out in my memory from the show, is that if you send a photo to abyss, they will make your doll look like the person in that photo for an extra couple grand. I wonder if that is so, or just creative license for the show.
Also learned that apparently I shouldn't be using tap water in my neti pot :oops:
I stopped watching House quite a while ago but decided to check this one out. Just another opportunity to stigmatize the guy with the doll... I shouldn't have bothered.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

I've seen the odd episode of House.
I've always thought it was a bit of a rip-off of a sit-com Becker!
Ted Danson plays a DR who is always right and has that condisending snarky attitude.

I found House to be mostly the same just not done as a sit-com, but done in a more serious light.
I might get the whole series now.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks for the pics and outline of the story Aly. :thumbs_up: Frome what you say,it does actually sound really well done. I'm looking ofrward to seeing it. :)

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

AlyDolly wrote: Just like most people here the doll owner on the show seems to be a cool level headed guy in tune with reality.
I'm one of them here.
AlyDolly wrote:He's well aware it's just a doll but that it gives him what he needs untill he can meet miss right. It's also clearly stated that what the doll brings to the table is not just 100% sexual . It should also be noted that this is the story of a man that has the option to date a real girl but instead chooses to avoid her to keep himself from the heart breaks that come with real relationships. This Is NOT the story of a man that seeks out artificial love from a doll because he has no choice in the matter.
This has been my position with dolls. But it's more me thinking about keeping them away from any heartache, though.* While I am not as handsome as the mythological Narcissus, I can get by... somewhat. Point is, over the last almost 3 years of being a doll owner, never once during any minute of any day during those 3 years did I actually have any interest in being with a real girl again. Dolls just do it for me. Even if Miss Right came along right now, I'm still Mr. Wrong. :evilbat: But then again, 'if you're not afraid of getting hurt, then I'm not afraid of how much I hurt you' (Marilyn Manson, Leave a Scar lyrics) :wink:
AlyDolly wrote:I dont wanna give to much away for those of you who still plan on watching the show other than that the doll does come to life and takes the form of a human girl. Starts taking her cloths of and trys to have sex with him ..Kinda lol :plaidskirt:
What, the meds he was on, was he dreaming, or having a psychological episode that made that happen? Regardless, she does resemble her some, so that's cool. :)

According to your story line you presented, I, unlike hanuman, don't think this reinforces stigmas on doll ownership.

'no matter what [i/you] say or [i/you] do
i know how this will end
so i'm turning away now
before we begin'

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

His liver was acting up so his body was having a fever dream when the doll came to life.

A funny part was when one doctor was talking about the doll costing $7,000 and another said no they only cost $5,000 Whoops! what you never went to the website? lol

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

I give it two thumbs up. Not your typical weirdness slant. They actually came around to accepting the doll as I see it ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

I would watch it because I like the way Dr. House is, he seems to be very professional, I bet in this episode he has his mind on the diseases the patient suffers from rather than on the doll while the rest of the team is just doing what average people does in such cases (yep, blaming the man and eager to form a lynching mob against dollie awwww :cry: :cry: :cry: ), well in this case the doll with the man (I know, it's: the man with the doll) hired the doctors to cure him, not to judge him, and I bet House devotes his time to do right that, to cure the man.

I will also watch it just because of the invited special character, the doll :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yes, I would take every chance to watch dollies, (the doll albums are great by the way) wether it's internet, movies, tutorials, explanatory videos, pictures...I want to form an idea about what to expect when I finally bring dollie home
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

I watched the show, some what surprised how featured the doll and subject matter were presented. Did know to laugh or not but since I have a face 14 Real Doll it put a smile on my face.

Ebonrose
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Ebonrose »

I haven't kept up with House and honestly didn't care about the story. I just tuned in to see the doll on video. Got what I wanted out of it and moving on.

I liked the part where she came alive in his delusion. Actually, I have had dreams/daydreams kinda like that. Anyone else dream about their doll in more lively terms? Just curious...

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

nooserhang wrote:I would watch it because I like the way Dr. House is, he seems to be very professional, I bet in this episode he has his mind on the diseases the patient suffers from rather than on the doll while the rest of the team is just doing what average people does in such cases (yep, blaming the man and eager to form a lynching mob against dollie awwww :cry: :cry: :cry: )
Actually, he more has his mind on finding himself a new hooker.

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

House had about 10 Hookers running around LOL

The one doctor has two babies with 2 women who he does not live with and lied to his new girlfriend he picked up in a store. He was checking out the doll sites in the story lol

The good looking doctor wants to have sex with the nerd girl but she's been holding off so he'll take the cute doctor, or both, he don't care.

House favorite hooker is leaving so he has to find a replacement and tries them out at work.

The guy with the doll is first seen out with his female neighbor at a fair and he wins a stuffed animal for his "girlfriend". So right off the Doll guy is out in public with people doing fun stuff but he's hiding his doll life and when he ends up at the hospital. They go looking for his girlfriend to ask questions about what he may have eaten or been around. As they snoop around the home -on the show HOUSE he has his doctors trained to break into homes to find evidence to help save lives as waiting for the law to look around legally takes too long for House plus it is a TV show so they break the rules we shouldn't. Anyway they find his doll sleeping in bed so House says bring her in to check for germs. She gets a clean bill of health after some cancer scares and surgery on her.

This part of the story could have been"dolls are dirty sex toys that make you sick" but the doll was cleared of being dirty. Even with a guy with a doll in the story focus on who is "normal" in this episodes group who judge the doll guy. Both sides are voiced so I can see how some see this as another slam on doll owners but you need baby steps. I mean they practically showed the guy have a sex dream with his "doll" on network TV, talk price and websites, say dolls are clean and not as much trouble as screwed up real people. The doll guy even asked 2 women out during the story so other than owning a doll was as normal as anyone else.

This story could happen to any of us if we were taken away without notice and people started to snoop your house... : )

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

This was the first entire episode of House I've ever watched. It painted a more realistic picture of a doll owner than Lars and the Real Girl did. I think we can agree on that much.

On the other hand, I wonder if I'll ever blatantly interview call girls in public and ask about their skills in small appliance repair.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

they will but you have to have written permission from the person especially if it's a celebrity.....>.>

i loved the episode...but i think the female dr. should've been more considerate....if Chase hadn't have said anything she would've cut her up right then and there...talk about traumatizing for the poor guy......i wanted to cry with him.....i think i did actually.....i could feel my heart wrenching for the guy......and when she kept calling her "it".......reminded me of my bitch of a grandmother....did the same thing with a dear friend of mine who is RIP.....>.<......the ending scene with the guy where they're on the couch reminds me of a scene from Lars and the Real Girl!! ^-^

INFORMATIONS