Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll Rental

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Would you Rent/Hire a RealDoll?

Yes, Deninitely
45%
Not sure, Maybe
14%
Definitely Not
41%

Total votes: 149

walkerj48

RealDoll Rental

Post by walkerj48 »

Hi All

I'm new on here but wondered if anyone is interested in renting a realdoll?
i'm based in the UK (East of England) and have several Real Dolls that i am considering renting out on a weekly basis. Not sure on what i'd charge or anything like that but if anyone is interested let me know and we can discuss cost and logistics etc....

Adams2016

Re: RealDoll Rental

Post by Adams2016 »

walkerj48 wrote:Hi All

i'm based in the UK (East of England) and have several Real Dolls that i am considering renting out on a weekly basis. Not sure on what i'd charge or anything like that but if anyone is interested let me know and we can discuss cost and logistics etc....
I wish you were in the USA because I would be up for renting one of your dolls.

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

If only those who end up reselling their dolls soon after receiving them, or after using them only a couple of times, had had this sort of "try before you buy" option available to them. In a way, those guys HAVE just rented a doll: they paid $6,000 or so to buy, re-sell for $4,500, that's about a $1,500 monthly rental charge! :wink:

If this were the sort of thing offered in place of (even legalized) brothels, or in places where prostitution is still illegal, would we see a decline in sexual slavery... or at least a reduction on prices for those who sell themselves willingly? :roll:

Since this is a type of service still offered in Japan, and briefly offered in San Francisco, I need to ask the question many other have asked about those places: What will you do about "clean-up"? Do your dolls have removable inserts? Will you force guys to use a condom? Make customers clean up after themselves or risk an extra cleaning fee? And who will do it then? And what about maintenance issues from guys who are not familiar with taking care of the dolls, and don't know not to bend them to the ripping point, or create finger pokes, etc.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Great idea, but several problems:
The cost of picking her up & returning her.
Getting her in and out of the house without anyone knowing.
As the previous poster mentioned, what if the doll gets damaged, accidentally, even though the renter didn't realize he was doing anything wrong.
Perhaps having sex with her at the renter's place - but that would spoil the mood.
I guess a human prostitute would be much easier to do than this.
So renting out a RealDoll might have too much competition from humans.
It would be a good idea if you're considering buying a RealDoll and want to try one out first, but would not be cost effiecient for more than a few uses.
Also, can only be done in a major city, where here are many customers. Forget about shipping it. That would blow the costs way out of proportion.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

A company in the Netherlands once started a Realdoll rental service, and one of the first customers who rented the doll, dollnapped her, and disappeared.
Several months later, the doll was returned, in very bad shape, I might add.

Mytime bought the doll, and fixed her to the best she could be.

There would have to be a lot of safeguards against this, and by using those safeguards, the rental should only be allowed at a personal address, which immediately creates a lot of other problems.

Also, a lot of people who get something, which isn't their own, won't treat it with the respect it deserves, so, with dolls, they wouldn't be bothered much if the doll was damaged. And good luck getting more money out of people, if they don't want to pay. Asking a deposit at the same level as a new doll won't attract customers either.

There's just too much risk involved. Silicone dolls aren't indestructible, they're pretty delicate, and if handled poorly by someone with no knowledge about the doll, damage is easy to happen.

It's like renting a car to someone without a driver's license, and absolutely no experience in driving a car at all, the car would be returned as a wreck.
Car rental services check certain things, but with dolls, you can't do that.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

spider91

Post by spider91 »

It would be a great idea for those of us who can't make up their minds on which doll they want to buy. However, as the others have said above, I just don't see how you can make it work.

Keep Running
Keep Running

mrfilovirus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by mrfilovirus »

One way to make it work would be to have an establishment where they rent the dolls where the dolls are used. Rental by the hour, in a specific room. You can't remove the doll, and perhaps they could be even themed room. The doll would be inspected in advance - there would be posts on the walls about how to position the doll (with limited positions recommended) and assistance if you need to move the doll - then a charge for sterilization (being discounted if you clean up after yourself or use a condom). The doll would then be inspected after the session and if you damaged the doll, you would be responsible for the repairs (like a rental car).

I've thought about starting one in Vegas...

The key is to have a place set up for it. If you let people take it home, you are only asking for theft and massive damage.

buckey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by buckey »

Wonder if it was set up if that would make you a PIMP? :haha4:

Since you are selling sex could you be arrested for facilitating prostitution?

Didn't they have one (doll whorehouse) in Japan?

All I can say is poor dolls, I will adopt you you do not need to prostitute yourself.

Kagami
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Kagami »

AlexKnight wrote:A company in the Netherlands once started a Realdoll rental service, and one of the first customers who rented the doll, dollnapped her, and disappeared.

There would have to be a lot of safeguards against this, and by using those safeguards, the rental should only be allowed at a personal address, which immediately creates a lot of other problems.

Also, a lot of people who get something, which isn't their own, won't treat it with the respect it deserves, so, with dolls, they wouldn't be bothered much if the doll was damaged. And good luck getting more money out of people, if they don't want to pay. Asking a deposit at the same level as a new doll won't attract customers either.

There's just too much risk involved. Silicone dolls aren't indestructible, they're pretty delicate, and if handled poorly by someone with no knowledge about the doll, damage is easy to happen.

It's like renting a car to someone without a driver's license, and absolutely no experience in driving a car at all, the car would be returned as a wreck.
Car rental services check certain things, but with dolls, you can't do that.
ever see the jackass ep were he rents a car and takes it to a Demolition Derby! then returned it.... he had 2 blow up dolls in the back seat as well hehe. I would imagine this is what would happen to the dolls after a few uses...

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I've seen the episode, normally, people don't return a wrecked car, that's how those companies exist.

They usually ask for a creditcard or something like that, for damages, but if you give them a creditcard, with only a $1k limit, they wouldn't get much money out of you to repair a completely wrecked car. They would have to sue you for the damages, and even then, it's not 100% guaranteed, you'll get the money, at least, not here in the Netherlands.

A lot of this is the same with doll rental.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

f80man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by f80man »

I think you could work it just like a car rental, when you rent a car you have to pay a fee for insurance or use your own insurance. I know as Ive wrecked two car rentals one was payed by their co. and one by mine. You could get Loydes of London , they insure anything, tits, ass, legs, hair, so should insure dolls.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for Monks.

dollfan12

Post by dollfan12 »

walkerj48 wrote:Hi All

I would be intretsted yes.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

AlexKnight wrote:A company in the Netherlands once started a Realdoll rental service, and one of the first customers who rented the doll, dollnapped her, and disappeared.

I would think that these are the biggest risks. Someone considering this would have to
be a silicone doll repair expert. Sanitation for STD's between users is also an issue to be dealt with.
Probably only economically viable in Europe since dolls are double the North American cost.

Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

sander9000
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sander9000 »

Just so all you realdoll owners know. i would pay to rent one of these for the night. ive always wanted to try one out as im considering buying one and its alot of money for something that may bring dissappointment. im in a healthy relationship, its just these things cant say no can they :lol: anyways pm me if you would rent one.

locombo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by locombo »

This service evidently does exist (or at least did at one time) in Japan. One such establishment is shown in this Vice Broadcasting video posted in March 2010:

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide- ... y-doll--3#

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the boards; I couldn't find it.

INFORMATIONS