Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Help with classic Realdoll skullcap

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Bad Moose
Active Poster
Active Poster

Help with classic Realdoll skullcap

Post by Bad Moose »

I just acquired my first Realdoll, a preowned body 5. The styrofoam skullcap falls off when she is moved. It looks like maybe it was originally glued in place. Her hair pulls it off at the worst possible tlime. Any hints on what I should do? If glue what kind? Thanks

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Help with classic Realdoll skullcap

Post by stacy718 »

I have used silicone glue, even though the cap is foam.

Works well.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Bad Moose wrote:I just acquired my first Realdoll, a preowned body 5. The styrofoam skullcap falls off when she is moved. It looks like maybe it was originally glued in place. Her hair pulls it off at the worst possible tlime. Any hints on what I should do? If glue what kind? Thanks
Like Stacy mentioned about using silicone glue, the best is Silpoxy silicone adhesive which is the strongest available and you can buy it thru Smooth-on's website in a 3 oz tube for about $30 plus shipping.

You need to clean the skull and the foam cap with alcohol and let it dry well. Then use either Silpoxy or a good grade clear silicone adhesive sealant which can be gotten from many places. Permatex automotive clear silicone adhesive sealant is a good choice as well and can be bought at most automotive stores where they keep their sealers and gasket maker silicones. It is usually about $6 to $8 for a tube about 3 oz like the Silpoxy tubes are which is more affordable and works well.

That may be what Stacy has used before as it is widely available. Hope that helps you out so you can get your dolls skull cap attached like it should be again. :D

Bad Moose
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bad Moose »

Thank you, I will try that.

INFORMATIONS