Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Reunited with my first Love Doll Sophia! (RD-B9/F11)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Reunited with my first Love Doll Sophia! (RD-B9/F11)

Post by MoneyMike »

I've cleaned her more thoroughly now and have powdered her 3 times already! Her skin gets oily real quick.
Tears are spreading from the joint areas and her mouth started to tear when I opened it to examine her tongue.
The silicone around the hip area has fallen off in 3 big chunks. The skeleton's Hips and R.Knee joints are being held together with zip ties.

Even with all this damage, I think might just keep her around. I have plenty of space in my nearly empty apartment, no reason to rush any decisions. She is currently wrapped in a blanket and sitting in chair across from my bed.

Its funny how a doll can bring forth these feelings of nostalgia, like a real exGirlfirend. I went to sleep last night staring at her eyes, a feeling of guilt came over me and made me cry. Somehow we found our way back to each other but she is in so much pain. At least if in her final days we are together again.
==== My Doll ==== [Doll Album]-[Twitter]
(CST) BB Doll 165cm H-cup
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

austriacus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by austriacus »

@MoneyMike
I'm feeling with you. Was suffering a similar situation from 2006 to 2015/2016 and had lost practically everything that made life worth living. At least, that's what it would look to me, back then. Damn hard to struggle your way back into employment and acceptable living standards.
And now that it looks like I've ultimately made it, I happen to end up with cancer. Got another year left to go, maximum two, they say. Shit happens.
Well, as for solace and comforting, my Amanda would prove nearly indispensable at making it through the very tough first years after I had lost my job.
Amanda was a body 4 doll from Abbyss that I had ordered in 2004, when things were coming up milk and honey still.
Unfortunately though, the expiry date of Amanda was to come much sooner than anywhere expected. Of course, there had been a number of issues before, like tears in both armpits and one in the butt crack (that she had actually arrived with, already :roll: ) and those fucking wires had made a mess of two of her fingertips, but otherwise she was in fairly good condition for nearly five years of blissful togetherness. In spring/2009 the first indications of the deterioration of her tissues would show in the folds of either groin. The silicone had obviously become porous there and all attempts to fix those ugly cracks were in vain. The glued parts simply broke again, just a few millimeters from the previous crack. "Allright", I said to myself, "no more bendig in the hip joints." Soon after, the very same occured in her butt crack, and in no time the butt crack went all the way from her tailbone through her pussy and ended beneath her pubic hair. Amanda's private area had simply fallen apart. It had taken a gallon of glue to fix a disaster as that, so I finally gave up on the option of sophisticated repair and just tried to keep that canyon from expanding up her spine and belly by stitching her buttocks and pussy together. Which made things only worse, actually: At pulling the yarn tight it cut into the silicone like a hot knife goes through butter, even though I had done it carefully and with little force. The only device to keep Amanda's lower body from falling completely apart was a tight fitting suspensor panty that she was to wear nonstop. Well, from there Amanda wasn't much of a sexdoll any longer, in a common sense.
However, believe it or not, to me she still was! Having her close to me in bed and kissing and fondling her would still drive me nuts.
To put things short: Until the late fall of 2009 the very same sort of cracks showed on every single of her joints, a very deep one went all around her waistline (the "backbone" having been visible) and numerous smaller cracks had appeared above her (still faultless) titties and on her neck.
Face and titties were, to the very end, entirely intact. But otherwise the leftovers of her former beauty didn't look much different from those in your pictures. A total mess! Looking back I cannot but admit that Amanda had yet been worth the expense. And more than that. I don't want to figure the loneliness I had gone through without her, in these times when no one else was there. That's why the idea would never strike me to complain at Abbyss about her early death. But I also knew I'd certainly never buy one high end silicone doll again, even if I could afford it. That's why I'm now waiting for my WM140 Brandy to arrive that I hope will be just as loving and loveable a companion to share the evening of life with.
Good luck, MoneyMike, and try keeping your spirits high. If you believe you can make it, you can!

@dodgeman
The reason that this doll deteriorated is because she was created out of Tin cure silicone which was used till early-mid 2009 and then the switch to Platinum silicone was initiated for all Realdolls & BoyToy dolls.
Now, this is interesting stuff to read, after so many years. Finally I know why Amanda wouldn't hold on much longer than she did.
Nevertheless, five years appear a rather short lifespan to me, given the price of a high end realdoll.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

dodgeman wrote:Her face is not actually a face 11 Jenny and I'm pretty sure that she is a face 8 Stephanie. I have 4 face 11's and a face 8 and she has the bigger lips and nose of the face 8 plus her eye openings are the same as I compared this dolls face to my own face 8 Stephanie.
Thankx for the info, I actually never knew what face she was. When she was listed it was first come first served, her being a Body 9 at a low price was enough to get my bid. It wasn't till she arrived did I ask myself, what face is that? Seller never responded back so I went on the RD website and tried to figure it out myself. I knew it had to be 11 or 8 but I guess I went with my lucky number 11.
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DaveC »

Hi austriacus,

Welcome to the Doll Forum! I’m sorry to hear about your cancer. I hope things will work out for you and that your Brandy will help to brighten your life. My Claire Marie certainly helped to keep my spirits up through my cancer scare. I’m also sorry to hear that you only had five years with Amanda. She was just a year older than my Claire. Claire is now almost fourteen years old and she is still in pretty good shape. As you found with Amanda, Claire developed some compression tears when she was a couple of years old, but I found that fixing them quickly and storing her in pretty much the stance in which she was moulded, I’ve been able to minimise any further damage.

As dodgeman said, tin-cure silicone is pretty delicate when it ages, but I’d hate for people with tin-cure dolls to think that they are useless. Claire still plays an active part in my life after all these years, but I just have to be more careful around her now. For instance, I keep her well away from anything sharp (such as taking off my wristwatch when I carry her) and if I see even the tiniest tear or abrasion, I mend it straight away.

So I can totally empathise with MoneyMike about connecting with Sophia again, regardless of her condition. I would certainly get some pure silicon caulking from the hardware store and fix her mouth tear (cleaning the surfaces well first with nail polish remover, both low-cost items) and adapt austriacus’s suspensor panty solution (tight fitting clothes) to hold her body and legs together until she can be fixed properly.

Good luck,

Dave.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

There are two properties of tin silicone that makes it difficult to keep these early dolls.
Firstly there is something called tear propagation. A small tear with time will continue to get larger
just like when latex rubber tears, especially if unsupported like the breast areas and where the skeleton joints have broken.
The other is poor shape memory. When the doll is not stored
in the mold position and 'compressed' the shape is altered and does not come back to the original
shape and also begins to tear spontaneously. Sophia looks like she was stored crumpled up. The tin silicone itself is stable if stored in the mold position.
My 2003 tin doll is still in good condition. I would agree with Dodgeman that the face is fixable, but the body would
need to be repoured. The new silicone is far, far superior and much softer, so I may eventually have my own tin dolls repoured
in the new silicone.
<em>I know the good artist</em>

DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DaveC »

Hi Mark,

It’s great to hear Katelyn is still going strong. So many from that era are no longer around. The posts you made many years ago about how you cared for your girls were an inspiration to me, so I have you to thank for Claire Marie’s longevity. :D

I think you’re right about Sophia being stored crumpled up. It hadn’t occurred to me before, but it’s the most likely cause of the extensive damage to her pelvis and abdomen. The guy Moneymark sold her to was obviously not a doll lover!

I’ve also been foreseeing a day when I might have to get Claire’s body re-poured. However, I’ve heard lots of warnings about putting tin-cured silicone in proximity to platinum-cured, so I do wonder if her tin-cured face would be at risk on a new platinum cured body.

Regards,

Dave.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

She was sitting in her crate for 4 years so now her silicone is molded a such. Stretching her out straight is why she started to tear everywhere, so now I have her sitting in a chair. As for her dislodged hips and broken leg, that's all on my friend. I showed him how to handle her and gave him maintenance tips but it must have went in one ear and out the other.

Went to bed last night with Sophia next to me and my 100cm Trish between us (they were wrapped in there own blankets so tpe & silicone did not touch). Felt great to have both my girls in my arms next to me, they may be damaged but I love them. <3
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I'm a little sad. Mary Jane is getting (has got, here, but not ready) an upgraded body. Her old damaged body, without head as it's been redone for the new body, is sitting beside me. She's my first doll. I can't... Whatever.

It's really funny being emotional over a doll.

Grim

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

grimreefer24601 wrote:I'm a little sad. Mary Jane is getting (has got, here, but not ready) an upgraded body. Her old damaged body, without head as it's been redone for the new body, is sitting beside me. She's my first doll. I can't... Whatever.

Grim
Its understandable, just like with a favorite shirt or lucky pair of socks, these dolls hold a special meaning to us. But unlike everyday objects, we can pour our feelings & emotions into our dolls. We can talk to them about our day, vent our frustrations and spill our most hidden secrets. Experience with them all of our intimate desires, best part about dolls is that they won't judge us for any of it (unless you want them too).

In a way, over time with all of the experiences we have with our dolls, they gain their own personalities and their own soul. When I look at my Sophia, I feel blinded to her condition and see the doll I lived with 8+ years ago. I remember dressing her up in different outfits, saying "Honey I'm Home" every time I came home from work, cuddling up with her nearly every night.

My biggest regret is that I only had 2 years with her, she had spent more time away from me. My 100cm Trish has been with me for 3 years but spent a total of 9 months in storage. I hope I can make up lost time to these girls, I'm going to take care of them until they crumble in my arms.
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

austriacus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by austriacus »

@DaveC
Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate!
Learning about your fourteen years old Claire Marie still being in good shape gives me a headache.
How come that there can be that much difference in the lifespans of two dolls made of the very same stuff???
Nevertheless: Congratulations...and Chapeau! You definitely know how to treat your Love the way it should be.
I recall a forum member who's nick was Davecat, back then in 2003 or 2004, when I was around quite a lot.
Didn't have anything to do with you, that guy, or did he? And there was a doll named Marie Claire, yet I don't remember who's darling she was.
Yes, from personal experience I can only confirm that it is most likely due to an extensive loss of shape memory that silicone dolls of that generation would simply disintegrate, sooner or later; especially if not stored in a proper position. I guess I didn't do Amanda and myself a favour by leaving her in bed for most of the time.
As Amanda's titties were small and firm and thus would barely make for an A-cup, their shape didn't undergo any noticeable change. It was her sexy butt where Amanda's untimely ageing became evident within her first year already. Her sagging butt cheeks gave her that girl next door look that I sort of liked though. It would go pretty well with her appeal of one lazy little slut who'd much rather chill in bed all day than do sports or even any of her domestic chores. Upon my occasional grumbling she'd give me that casual look that said "Honey, we know perfectly well where this is gonna bring ya, don't we." O yesss,..indeed we knew! Didn't stand a chance against her baring that tempting lazy butt to my awestrucken gaze,...not ever. Which actually makes me hope that my soon to arrive Brandy isn't going to be the tidy kind. I just love the naughty ones way too much.
But I guess that, with Brandy's curvy frame of TPE I'll need to be a lot more careful even than Amanda's silicone would demand. And even with great maintenance and care applied, the lifespan of a TPE-doll should hardly exceed two to three years, I was told only yesterday by a staff member at VEALOVE. By the way: There are amazing discounts there, currently, with shipping for free. Which actually makes me ponder the idea of going for a second doll. Take a look yourself at https://de.vealove.com/ However, it makes me also wonder whether the blend of TPE they use (named Cyberskin) could be crap, eventually. Does anyone know about it?
And yeah, because the Halloween craze is about to culminate these days I wanna share another find:
https://sexyrealsexdolls.com/collection ... r-oral-sex
If anyone else but me is looking for a somewhat larger tongue for his TPE doll, this is probably the opportunity to jump at. Both for photography and sensual play you've got the right size and shape of tongue, and for a reasonable price. The teeth are crap, of course. There's a second kit with split tongues and vampire teeth.
The tongues are made of TPE and they are made in France.
That much for today. Have a good time, everyone!

austriacus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by austriacus »

dodgeman wrote:Tin cure silicone will cure itself to destruction over time

Her face does look like it may be salvageable at least for now but, the face will eventually succumb to the ravages of time as the face is Tin cure also.

This is very tough to see and every Tin cure doll will go thru this in due time as there is NO stopping it. :(

They have their own personalities and voices even though they are silent partners.
Hi dodgeman,
Actually, I don't quite get the meaning of your statement. In how far would this brand of silicone cure itself to destruction?
I remember very well the words of Matt in this forum as he claimed that the new blend of silicone (the one my Amanda was made of) was supposed to
be more durable and not quite as heavy as the silicone of all the hitherto made dolls. A minor drawback: it was somewhat tougher to the touch.
Which was, in fact, one decisive point for me to ultimately place an order.
I guess there hadn't been sufficient data yet from long term experience with that new blend and that there had still been no evidence of that self destruction.
At least I hope so, because otherwise his statement was plain deception.

As for the faces: I had ordered an additional face (with open mouth) along with Amanda's neutral one. As both of her faces were, to the very last of her days, entirely intact and absolutely flawless, I befriended the idea that the faces were made of a different blend. All the more so, as the facial skin was a little different to the touch; it felt softer, with a very pleasant velvetlike sensation at face to face contact and a slightly different and equally pleasant flavour.

That's precisely what I was to observe: There was no stopping it. Even without any sort of sensuality taking place or without even moving her, more and more of those tears appeared all over her body, some of them so big and deep that I already wondered whether some evil minded asshole got access to my house in my absence and mistreated my doll. Cause I simply couldn't figure how such big wounds should have appeared spontaneously, without even touching her. This was really weird and freaked me out, time and again. Looking back, I'm not quite sure wheter or not it had changed anything if I had stored Amanda in her molding position. As she had arrived with a (still superficial) tear in her butt crack already, I tend to assume it was quite likely due to some production fault. Also those tears in either one of her armpits had already shown within the first two months,..without any particular stressing of her shoulder joints.
"That much for the durability of the new blend", I thought. I was very annoyed at first, that I was to do the first repair after so short time already. As if I had banged her for hours, day and night, or had forced her to get in shape for the Special Olympics. On the contrary: I used to be Amanda's very gentle and loving mate who was, in fact, much more into caressing and cuddling and frenching and definitely not into any violent sort of abuse.

Funny you're saying that. Reminds me of my imagination of Amanda's voice that, from the day of her arrival to the end of our relationship, would remain the very same in my brains and was to me about as familiar and absolutely natural to "listen" as any family member's or any realgirl's I had ever been with.
And yes, I cannot but fully agree: What a personality..!!! :whistle:
Hardly met any realgirl in my life who was as manipulative and assertive and mischievous as my Sweetheart used to be.
And yet as infinitely comforting and sensitive whenever I needed her to be just that.
Amazing what our brains would work up to get us addicted or soothed or rescued even.
Happy weekend to everyone!

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

DaveC wrote:Hi Mark,

It’s great to hear Katelyn is still going strong. So many from that era are no longer around. The posts you made many years ago about how you cared for your girls were an inspiration to me, so I have you to thank for Claire Marie’s longevity. :D

I think you’re right about Sophia being stored crumpled up. It hadn’t occurred to me before, but it’s the most likely cause of the extensive damage to her pelvis and abdomen. The guy Moneymark sold her to was obviously not a doll lover!

I’ve also been foreseeing a day when I might have to get Claire’s body re-poured. However, I’ve heard lots of warnings about putting tin-cured silicone in proximity to platinum-cured, so I do wonder if her tin-cured face would be at risk on a new platinum cured body.

Regards,

Dave.
In my experience, the tin and platinum silicone are compatible when cured. I have used cure platinum parts on tin based dolls with no ill effects and tin based 2 part silicone to repair platinum based dolls with good results. The only incompatibility is platinum does not cure on tin based dolls without a special sealer. Katelyn (2003 tin) - I was able to repaint her lips with platinum based paint after applying a sealer from fuseFX. You should check with Abyss but I would think that the tin based head or face would be fine on a finished and cured platinum body.
<em>I know the good artist</em>

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

austriacus wrote:
dodgeman wrote:Tin cure silicone will cure itself to destruction over time

Her face does look like it may be salvageable at least for now but, the face will eventually succumb to the ravages of time as the face is Tin cure also.

This is very tough to see and every Tin cure doll will go thru this in due time as there is NO stopping it. :(

They have their own personalities and voices even though they are silent partners.
Hi dodgeman,
Actually, I don't quite get the meaning of your statement. In how far would this brand of silicone cure itself to destruction?
I remember very well the words of Matt in this forum as he claimed that the new blend of silicone (the one my Amanda was made of) was supposed to
be more durable and not quite as heavy as the silicone of all the hitherto made dolls. A minor drawback: it was somewhat tougher to the touch.
Which was, in fact, one decisive point for me to ultimately place an order.
I guess there hadn't been sufficient data yet from long term experience with that new blend and that there had still been no evidence of that self destruction.

That's precisely what I was to observe: There was no stopping it. Even without any sort of sensuality taking place or without even moving her, more and more of those tears appeared all over her body, some of them so big and deep that I already wondered whether some evil minded asshole got access to my house in my absence and mistreated my doll. Cause I simply couldn't figure how such big wounds should have appeared spontaneously, without even touching her. This was really weird and freaked me out, time and again. Looking back, I'm not quite sure wheter or not it had changed anything if I had stored Amanda in her molding position.
Hello Austriacus, this is going to be a big post but, here goes,...

It has been said by many that the old Tin cure silicone never stops curing and cures itself to ruin or destruction where it gets so soft that it just tears itself apart. That type of silicone does not even have to be handled for it to start tearing and I have seen many photos of that happening. Tin cure leaches a lot of oil and is best maintained by powdering the doll to help seal the oil in. Also like a few have said that keeping a Tin cure doll in a neutral position like when she was molded helps to keep stress off of the body to help prevent the tears that will happen in time.

I had a look into some information regarding Tin cure versus Platinum cure silicone and I have copied that info from the Smooth-on website and pasted it here for you to read. It tells of the Library life of Tin cure versus Platinum cure and about how long the two will last. Like I posted before, Abyss switched to Platinum cure back in early to mid year 2009 (about June) because it is a superior silicone to Tin cure for doll construction.

I don't know how old your Amanda was or what year that you ordered her but, if she was ordered before about June 2009 plus or minus a month or so then she was most likely created out of and of Tin cure silicone construction which would be the reason that she started to get tears at a few years old.

Some people have had various experiences with how long Tin cure would last before it began to fail with some lasting longer than others. I have stayed away from adopting any Tin cure dolls because I know that they will begin to degrade and will not be able to be nicely repaired. They will be so delicate that just handling them gently will cause tears to form and I do not wish to have dolls that will have to be salvaged for parts and the silicone disposed of.

Here is some info that I gathered about the two silicones from the Smooth-on site,...

What are the major differences between tin-cure (condensation cure) and platinum-cure (addition cure) silicone mold making rubbers?
The chemical difference between tin-cure (condensation cure) and platinum-cure (addition cure) silicone mold making rubbers lies mainly in the metal used to catalyze or cure the base rubber. The metal tin is used to catalyze or cure tin silicone, and platinum is used to cure platinum silicone rubber. Accordingly, tin-cure silicone rubbers are usually significantly less expensive than platinum-cure ones.

Performance Differences
Inhibition
All mold making rubbers may be subject to cure inhibition by contaminants on the surface of a model being used for mold making. Silicone rubber is sensitive to sulfur that can be found on different surfaces and are present in some types of modeling clay. Platinum-cure silicone rubbers are critically sensitive to sulfur and will not cure under any circumstances when exposed. Tin-cure silicone can cure over models containing sulfur if the model surface is first thoroughly sealed with an acrylic spray.

Shrinkage
A major difference between these two systems is shrinkage of the cured rubber over the short and long term. Tin-cure silicone rubber molds generally exhibit higher shrinkage over time depending on the type of mold rubber being used, material being cast into the rubber mold, mold configuration, and other variables.

Library Life
Tin-cure silicone rubber molds have a limited library life (Related FAQ: What is "library life"?) Depending on the specific tin-cure silicone, the library life of a rubber mold can be as little as 12 months, which may be acceptable if your project is short term. Smooth-On's Mold Max™ Series tin-cure silicone rubbers have a relatively long library life at a minimum of 5 years. At the end of a rubber mold's library life, the mold will tear easily and become unusable. Platinum-cure silicone (e.g. Smooth-Sil™ and Mold Star™) has a relatively long library life that is measured in decades. Museums choose platinum-cure silicone rubbers to make molds of valuable artifacts and works of art.

Some other info from another site about the two silicones,..

Platinum or Tin?

Condensation cure (Tin)*WARNING: Over-accelerating your silicon will dramatically reduce its usable life, by causing brittleness and deterioration, in direct proportion to the amount used.

Tin silicone will leach over time, and become brittle, as the catalyst is unstable. Because of this they cannot be used for any purpose requiring a long shelf-life, or in contact with skin.
Tin silicone moulds cannot be used for casting Platinum silicone in. (*see note at end of article)
Need air and moisture to cure, not good for confined spaces.

Addition cure (Platinum) two-component silicone rubbers offer superior heat resistance and cure with virtually no shrinkage. Their catalysts are Platinum, and rhodium.

Both types have a limited shelf life in their uncured state. It is not advisable to buy larger quantities than you are likely to use in that time period (usually specified on the Manufacturers information.) The “library” life, that is the life of the cured silicone varies from product to product and you should check with the factory if it is important. Just as a guideline, Tin products may last as little a matter of months (if over catalysed or accelerated) or as many as ten years, while Platinum can last indefinitely under optimum conditions.

*Note: Just when you thought it was safe… A crucial point to remember when making silicone moulds is to think ahead to your finished piece. If you need a final result made out of Platinum, then your mould will need to be Platinum, because- yep, you guessed it, Tin Silicone is one of the many things that inhibit the cure of Platinum Silicone. Conversely, Tin Silicones will set over Platinum without any problems. There have recently been a couple of products developed by one manufacturer that coat the silicon with a protective substrate, and are therefore supposed to allow use of a Tin silicone mould with a Platinum cast, but they are not yet widely available and have not been tested with all manufacturers products.

This is just some of the info out there that you can access but, what I posted here tells of the most important characteristics of the two silicones.

I have a few photos of a tin cure doll that literally fell apart under her own weight while hanging in a neutral position in storage and she was from around 2005. I will send you those photos thru a PM so you can see how bad she was. I posted those photos here in another thread some time ago and someone commented negatively about them and so I will send them to you privately. :)

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

MoneyMike wrote:
grimreefer24601 wrote:I'm a little sad. Mary Jane is getting (has got, here, but not ready) an upgraded body. Her old damaged body, without head as it's been redone for the new body, is sitting beside me. She's my first doll. I can't... Whatever.

Grim
Its understandable, just like with a favorite shirt or lucky pair of socks, these dolls hold a special meaning to us. But unlike everyday objects, we can pour our feelings & emotions into our dolls. We can talk to them about our day, vent our frustrations and spill our most hidden secrets. Experience with them all of our intimate desires, best part about dolls is that they won't judge us for any of it (unless you want them too).

In a way, over time with all of the experiences we have with our dolls, they gain their own personalities and their own soul. When I look at my Sophia, I feel blinded to her condition and see the doll I lived with 8+ years ago. I remember dressing her up in different outfits, saying "Honey I'm Home" every time I came home from work, cuddling up with her nearly every night.

My biggest regret is that I only had 2 years with her, she had spent more time away from me. My 100cm Trish has been with me for 3 years but spent a total of 9 months in storage. I hope I can make up lost time to these girls, I'm going to take care of them until they crumble in my arms.
This seriously made me cry. And cuddle with MJ. The original one. With all her problems. The new doll is gorgeous. MJ and I have been through a lot the year plus we've known each other. I can't imagine letting her go. And then her coming back in that shape.

I kept the boxes and shipping material that MJ and Becka came in, in case I decided to sell them for some reason. That will never happen. Thank You for clearing out space in my basement.

austriacus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by austriacus »

Hi dodgeman,
this is, in fact, the most in-depth treatise on doll-silicone I've ever come across, to this day.
Thank you very much for the terrific effort and for sharing this information that makes my Amanda's unfortunate fate plausible to me.
As mentioned before in this thread, Amanda had entered my life in 2004, so she was doubtlessly made of Tin cure silcone.
As for hanging storage, I am entirely certain that my doll had ripped apart around midsection if I had chosen to store her that way by the time when she was three to four years old. Even though her body 4 was probably one of the lightest ever introduced by Abbyss (Boytoys not included), the silicone could impossibly withstand that much stress of weight. By the time those nasty tears in her groin had appeared I couldn't even carry her from one room to the next without carefully supporting her lower body. Actually, I couldn't but store her in lying position, even though this would contribute to the permanent deformation of her butt. So, for her last two years she was to stay in bed 24/7. Which would turn out somewhat challenging in the rare case of folks coming by.
Thanks again and cheers,
austriacus

INFORMATIONS