www.ordoll.com

TPE Smell

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
staycool64
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: TPE Smell

Post by staycool64 »

I ask the vendor when ordering my dolls I want no smell and Ultra soft TPE, there was a slight smell when recieving but went away in a couple weeks, I believe they do a pre wash when asking for no smell but I will say the head had a stronger smell which I complained about, Another thing is every since the Ultra soft was available I always order Ultr soft, One big reason is she feels So much more realistic and IMO you shouldn't have to get Hollow breast either because I think the breast feel more real. Breast will deflate some what with Hollow, BCD good thing you mentioned, Dawn dish soap works really good on removing the oil.
Sanhui 158cm
Sanhui 168cm
YL 165CM
WM 100CM
YL 135CM
WM 155CM
WM 161CM
CLM 160CM
WM 165CM
WM 17OCM
AF 160CM
OR 156CM
WM 162CM
PIB Island Girl

The new Doll on the way 161cm Tayu

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Sophie, my **REMOVED** , had a bit of a TPE smell when she arrived, but after a good wash and some powderings it's all but disappeared.

One thing you can do to help with any lingering smell, is spray a small amount of eau de toilette / cologne on her wig. Really nice when cuddling up next to her :)
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 12, no competing brands
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

From my experience at least... I’ve had my beautiful Kayla (brand new since January); & the the TPE odour only lasted about a month at the most. But especially that first month I am convinced that TPE dolls needs lots of sponge baths! Plus if you leave an outfit on her to long the clothes may start to smell a bit regardless of how much you’ve washed your doll. Also approximately every 2 to 3 months I not only sponge bath Kayla, but I also give her a generous coat of Vaseline & then let it absorb in for a few hours at least...& then I brush on baby powder generously. Then she’s completely odourless, fresh & soft to the touch. From what I’ve read and researched on here this will also help greatly prolong the life of your TPE doll too. :)

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

Hello,

I am myself, particularly sensitive to odors and I have just received an OR138. I ordered it directly from ORDoll to be sure to get an original product and not a bad copy, made with poor quality TPE.

I'm going to talk about the TPE used for ORDoll, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for the brands **REMOVED**, made in the same factory (Jinsan). Of course, each brand has its own models and designs are differents, but for the TPE, I doubt that everyone uses a specific recipe. And even if there were some differences in the composition, we could be sure that it's very similar.

☛ Regarding the original dolls from ORDoll, I can guarantee that the body of mine has almost NO scent. When unpacking, it was however in a plastic bag (not closed), but it is hardly possible to notice a very slight smell, and still quite bearable, not at all aggressive.

And again, to really feel it I had to stick my nose on his skin (I'm talking about the body, not the head). This very weak odor does not cause any rejection reaction. After 48 hours, she had almost disappeared - I did not take any shower, nor washed my doll for now!

I do not have the impression either that they used a perfume or powder to mask the smell. The manufacturers have made great progress since the beginning of the TPE, and that's why I also preferred to buy my doll from a safe source. I did not ask for any special treatment, nor a low-odor TPE. My "normal" doll just does not have or almost no smell.

☛ On the other hand, the heads (I bought two) have a smell much stronger and a little unpleasant. This is normal and the TPE is absolutely nothing :?
This smell is not unbearable either, I can feel it by putting my nose on the top of the skull, but I will not leave it there very long. It's a little aggressive, but you really need to have your nose on it to identify where it comes from. 48 hours after unpacking the heads, the smell has already greatly reduced.

:arrow: This smell comes not from the outer shell made in the same TPE as the body, but the inner skull that is made of fiberglass + resin (epoxy or more likely polyester).

The smell is very different from that of the TPE. There is no point washing your head thoroughly, because you only have to wait for the solvents to evaporate.
The best solution is to leave the heads in a well ventilated place, the ideal being outside. Obviously, protected from the sun, rain, neither too hot nor too cold. Also remember to remove the bags and protective films that surround the head, because they are impregnated with this smell.

This smell of resin should catch up quickly, I'm confident, I already had something similar and it ended up disappearing.
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

Robotica2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Robotica2 »

I dont have much experience re TPE, but as it's a thermo plastic it has whatever the TPE supplier decided to toss in there. And as cost is always a factor, ways to cut costs are popular ... so the good stuff is going to be cut. A lot. So while a smell is not the end of the world, I might be more concerned about "touching" it for long periods ... and some get very close and personal to it, with intimate parts.

ie. ... mean ... it's not the type of material you'd make replacement body parts from. Not like medical silicon etc.

I'm new to this all, but do makers reveal the specifications of their materials, and have stringent standards? And are there certifications?

Edit: sorry ... just realized this is in OR thread. Im new to forum. My comments is not specific to OR ... it's in general.

Kitty2010
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kitty2010 »

I planned to order **REMOVED** tpe doll. Does anybody have experience about their tpe odor?

Reseller says it doesnt smell much.

My reference is **REMOVED** and they dont smell almost at all.
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There was a post about knockoffs being made from scrap and recycled TPE, strong smell
Quality dolls from reputable manufacturers use clean raw materials for each pour and arrive as JustinBridou noted, no significant smell at all
My Kimber arrived with a pleasant floral scent that lasted :)

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

I have four TPE dolls, three from one manufacturer who cannot be named here because it's not part of the Jinsan group and one WM. None of them arrived with anything more than the faintest odour from the TPE, despite being wrapped in a plastic bag.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

My new 140 a has a smell, like my OR156 did back in 2015. Hopefully it does not take weeks to go away. like Sara;s smell did

INFORMATIONS