www.exdollus.com

DS 145- Tong Nina Heads

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
patbutter
Active Poster
Active Poster

DS 145- Tong Nina Heads

Post by patbutter »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=62622

With Tong and Nina heads. I received her last week and have enjoyed her company immensely, mostly going into my closet where she is hanging, sticking my hand under her skirt and rubbing her behind :twisted: . I ordered her May 17 and received her June 9. DHL initially promised her on the 8th, but who knows what happened

Thank you to John and the DS team - she arrived securely packed with no visible damage aside from perhaps a few small dimples that are unnoticeable without very close inspection. As others have experienced, her neck was bent forward a bit in the box but that does not seem to have affected her in any way. These dolls have been reviewed a lot by more prolific writers than I, but there were a few points/suggestions/questions that I think are worth raising:

Hanger
I love having the option of hanging her in the closet. My extra closet has a bar for hanging clothes, but the hook on the hanging set that I purchased from DS was too small to hook over it. I searched these forums and Amazon for a solution and found the InterDesign Classico Over The Rod, S Hook for about $9 at Amazon and it works like a charm (pics attached). Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADY ... ge_o08_s00 I could probably hang at least 3 DS dolls in the closet this way - oh, the temptation! :wink:

Insert and onaholes
I have played with her once using the insert once and enjoyed (shall we say) the sensation. Inserting and removing it from the doll is a little tricky, but as others have noted, baby powder helps a lot.

I have a large collection of onaholes but all of them are larger than the DS inserts, most are much larger. I've read on the forum that some owners have modified their doll's groin opening to accept an onahole. But I'd be more comfortable modifying a $30-50 onahole than a $3000+ doll. I inserted one of them but it seemed to stretch the opening a bit. Aubrey's groin opening seems thin and prone to tear. I'm concerned about that area already as it looks to be close to tearing. I've read and appreciate the advice forum members have for handling this problem and have already purchased some Permatex Silicon Sealer.

If anyone has successfully modified an onahole to fit a DS doll, I'd appreciate hearing about it. In any case, I won't be trying to insert an onahole again unless I can reduce it's size to that of the insert

Doll's overall size
The 145 doll is small compared to most American and European women. According to charts I've looked at online, she's about the height of an average 11 year old girl (good to know for clothes shopping). Her proportions, of course are much more womanly than the vast majority of girls of that age range. For me a larger doll would be both too heavy and too large to move from the closet to the bed. I appreciate the availability of a scaled down woman. I applaud the athletic prowess of those who are lugging around the larger models. I guess my point is that doll buyers have to balance realism against manageability. Of course, those things are hard to predict before you actually handle the doll. I did not expect this doll to present any difficulties, but it turns out she is a challenge to carry around and to re-place on her closet hook

Thank you to those of you have reviewed these dolls in the past!! You helped my decision process immensely and I am extremely happy to have the company of this gorgeous creature!

Apologies for the poor lighting and camera resolution. I'm still saving up to get some decent equipment
Attachments
NinaUnboxing0.jpg
NinaUnboxing0.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
NinaUnboxing1.jpg
NinaUnboxing1.jpg (36.76 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
NinaTongHeads.jpg
NinaTongHeads.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
Tong2.jpg
Tong2.jpg (52.93 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
NinHangerFull.jpg
NinHangerFull.jpg (36.86 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
The hanger in action
The hanger in action
NinaHanger1.jpg (52.75 KiB) Viewed 2850 times

patbutter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Welcome Aubrey, my new 145 minus

Post by patbutter »

Thanks for the nice comments, guys :) .

She's great company and truly a pleasure to look at and touch. I can heartily recommend DS dolls to those who find them attractive

INFORMATIONS