Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

owner recommendations

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

bunster
Active Poster
Active Poster

owner recommendations

Post by bunster »

I thought we might use this thread to share info on good things for our dolls. Personally, I'd like to recommend Noriko wigs (got mine at discount-wigs.com). They're so close to natural and makes the doll so much more realistic. My doll is Amy and I put pics in the charlie-joanne club on yahoo if you want to check it out.

Also, dollar stores are great for picking up cheap lingerie. Some of it's just as sexy as Victoria's Secret and you can get a boatload for cost of one VS outfit. After all, the dolls make anything look great.

Any other good tips?

angel

owner recommendations

Post by angel »

Since you not allowed to search Yahoo clubs with a keyword of 'realdoll', here's Charlie Joanne's club address where Amy was so kind to post some photos:

Charlie Joanne's club

angel

owner recommendations

Post by angel »

Wigs and clothing make a huge difference, but also makeup. More difficult to master, but can really provide the look you're after (be it young, sophisticated, energetic).

It's an artform and takes tons of practice. The makeup provided from the factory is OK, but not really defining.

Here's a tip to add more 'life' to her look: Add a small amount of pink or light red shadow to her cheeks. Target what would be the 'apples' of her cheeks. It will give a more natural contour, a lifelike glow and can make the face less round. Spread it out very thin and light so as not to look clown-ish. The camera will drastically emphasize the color and effect.

BTW, bunster, Amy is a very pretty doll!

Angel
Charlie Joanne's owner

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

owner recommendations

Post by Everhard »

I used red-brown face powder (I guess it's for her cheeks really) to make sunburn on Rebecca's shoulders (in the hollow of the shoulder blades) and even to make bra-strap lines. The latter didn't work too well, but the shoulder sunburn seems to make her look realistic (in some of the photos) without it being obvious that it is there at all. (You can see it if you look hard in some of the photos -- see the link in Rebecca Realdoll topic.)

angel

owner recommendations

Post by angel »

Here's a tip on how I physically carry Charlie. A while ago, while waiting for Charlie to arrive from Abyss, I read a post somewhere explaining the 'arms around the back' bearhug, hands on butt to carry a doll. Well, I tried it once before figuring out that carrying her like a bride over a threshold (her back in one arm, legs in the other) was better for a few reasons:
1) Lifting her off a couch, chair or bed from the side is easier without having to get in front of her
2) Her face would not rub my face or chest and mess her makeup or eyelashes
3) I try to avoid crushing and eventually flattening her breasts
4) Easier to see clearance for the feet from hitting door jams and the like
5) No potential to overly spread her butt too far apart and start a tear in her, ummm, crack.

Curious as to how others carry their dolls - maybe there's a third method?

angel
Charlie Joanne's owner

Monk
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

owner recommendations

Post by Monk »

I carry my doll my placing my hands under her arms and lifting her up. I'm a pretty strong guy so I don't reccomend it to everyone. Watch out for her hands if you carry her over-the-threshold style if they are in her lap they will fold up badly in her lap and could... well you know. I hear that the new male realdoll is much lighter proportionaly. Sounds like Matt has made a breakthrough.

Monk [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Monk
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

owner recommendations

Post by Monk »

Charlie Joanne is lookin' GOOD!!! [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

owner recommendations

Post by Everhard »

Monk has, I think, pointed out the principal disadvantage of carrying your doll sideways; that of compressing her hands. The way I get around it is, while she is still lying in her bed, place a cushion in her lap (or rather, on her thighs, because, uniquely among anatomical components, a lap only exists in the sitting position [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and rest her hands on the cushion. Lifting her into the sitting position (and when she bends at the hips more when lifting her up) her hands roll on the squishy cushion. In fact with her handbag on the cushion (and her hands on that) affords even more protection.

As with any lifting though, the main thing is to keep your own back straight. That’s one heavy doll.

INFORMATIONS