SexDollAmerica.com

RAMSDALE site back up

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

RAMSDALE site back up

Post by rentell »

hope this is the correct place to tell folk that the ramsdale site is back up and i noticed in the who`s on that nic was browsing the forum. So he must be alive and well, good news on an old tdf member, lets hope he posts again.

R :wink:

Little Stewart

Post by Little Stewart »

Boy I hope this isn't a hoax.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Whow this is the news I like to read :!:.
Its up again!
I didn't want to say it public, but once I saw Nick surfing on the dollforum.
Then I've PM-ed to Nick.
He reacted, would see wat he could do to get it online again.
But he also told me that he does not anything in the doll business any more.
I didn't want to post this in the public section at that time (have posted it in management forum at that time)
But now its up again ... I can tell you my secret :lol:
Ok lets see where this wents to....

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

So where is the link?

Freddy

Post by Freddy »

I guess Nick is still with us, I'm really glad all this valuble information is again available:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ramsdale/index.html

Nick if you read this,glad you're back, email me.

Freddy

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

The site is still being reinstated at this time (19:50 GMT Tuesday) and some sections do not yet exist on the server. I am having to rebuild the site in stages to avoid exceeding the host's daily upload limit.

The process will go faster if people do not try to access the site while it is still being rebuilt - please give it another 24 hours before visiting the site.

Little Stewart

Post by Little Stewart »

Welcome back to the forum! I'm truly glad you didn't meet an untimely end. There was much conjecture about possible situations way back when. I look forward to seeing Claire and Rachel's pages live again, it's hard not to peek, but I'll refrain. You were missed. Take care,
Stew

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Upload complete

Post by nicvncnt »

The site is now fully restored:

http://ramsdale.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/index.html

It's best to use the full URL as given above...if you access the site via the domain name only, the free hosting server puts a crappy advertising frame round the site :roll:

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Glad to see the site is back up again. We had scrapped tothether most of the image files... and were going through our files trying to peice it back together again... a huge feat.

Your site is frankly the best on the internet for this kind of information. I would go so far as to suggest that if you have trouble hosting it, I would talk with Bill and/or Ish about setting something up on this server.

For those of you who don't write web pages... his animations and soforth are not FLASH... he is doing it the hard way with JavaScript and elbow grease. Very clean design... I tip my hat to you sir!

Jerry

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

The problem is that with Windows XP SP2 the new JavaScript security prevents me from enlarging the photos. Even CDs with JavaScript get a warning now.
Most sites have been rewritten for the new security in SP2 and work fine but this one doesn't.

Nada

Re: Upload complete

Post by Nada »

nicvncnt wrote:The site is now fully restored:

http://ramsdale.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/index.html

It's best to use the full URL as given above...if you access the site via the domain name only, the free hosting server puts a crappy advertising frame round the site :roll:
... Welcome back,,, NICK !!!

And try to guess where others will be "welcoming you"???... (At LLD of course.) :)

... Jim Nada...
(Folks, in terms of "Doll Engineering and Beauty", Nick's Ramsdale site simply ROCKs the "standards" within my old head!!!) 8)

To catch-up with Nick, I am more then a little "wrapped up" with my WW at MLD...
"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/materiallovedolls/"
*** Warning: You may have to join Yahoo to join the group, above.***

(Because with EVERY doll-design that I see, currently, I will be mentally redesigning its "skin" with a "hidden zipper" for my WW "Dream Weaver" to fit into, like a "bodysuit", of sorts.) BUT, it will take one serious "leap of faith" to get more of us into my "doll dream" and its realities. ;)

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

The problem is that with Windows XP SP2 the new JavaScript security prevents me from enlarging the photos. Even CDs with JavaScript get a warning now. Most sites have been rewritten for the new security in SP2 and work fine but this one doesn't.
Use Mozilla Firefox.

I have it on the Windows 2K, and the Win98 machines... no problems. Isn't moving to a better platform supposed to allow you to do more instead of being more restrictive?

Jerry

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Jerry,

The new SP2 prevents the harmful type of JavaScript from being run like the type that launches something. A predatory site can't download a virus to my pc by me clicking on a photo which is a common way of doing it much like the ramsdale site but I get a virus along with the enlarged photo. This is a good thing and sites are being rewritten to accommodate it.
I can disable it for a trusted site but why take the risk. This new security prevents a broad array of attacks like the fake Ebay account email with a link to update your credit information. SP2 prevents the link from working from the email. Cool!
I'm sure Firefox will have the additional security in future upgrades.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Bill wrote:The problem is that with Windows XP SP2 the new JavaScript security prevents me from enlarging the photos. Even CDs with JavaScript get a warning now.
Most sites have been rewritten for the new security in SP2 and work fine but this one doesn't.
I'm not aware of this issue (still running Win95) - what is required of the site to get round this problem?

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Nick,

Well, Here's a start: http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/defa ... sp2web.asp
but you can do a search in Google and find tons of information.

Another thing I like in SP2 is that the spam photos in Outlook Express email don't download thus reporting back that you opened the spam. You can click yes if you want the photos.

Most of the sites I visit have already been rewritten to eliminate popup menus and JavaScript that uses the local machine.

I don't know web design stuff and can't help you.

INFORMATIONS