Got an idea? Need an invention?
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Giving TPE girl a tan

Post by samara78 »

Fair enough
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Or maybe not heat her up at all. I did a heavy coat on the back of her head. I heated her up before doing so with a heat gun on high, about 3 ft from the surface. Then I applied the tan legs airbrush make up. Directly after, I proceeded to aim the heat gun at the head in the same spot (centered)... from the same distance for 10 minutes. I let the make up sit for an hour, and then washed it off with soap and water.

It is splotchy, but I'm curious if it is due to me touching the surface in different places checking to see if it would rub off.

The spray can says to put in hands and apply that way...which makes no sense because it is "airbrush legs" makeup and the can is aerosol.

Anyways, it says let dry for 60 seconds and that it will not come off on clothing and that its water resistant.
So, I was checking it. On TPE, it definitely rubs off.
It is water resistant, though.

But, on the outer edges on the back of the head, it is darker than in the center, which is where I was aiming the heat gun.
I washed it good, reheated the head, applied another/larger coat, and hit it with the heat gun in the same method, but for 30 minutes this time.

Im going to let this coat set for 3-4 hours, maybe longer.

On the first coat, it seemed to stain the skin, but like I said, it was splotchy. I rubbed the darker areas with my finger to see if I could rub away or lighten the darker areas.
It did.
The make up doesn't leave any colored tint to my fingers when wiping abrasively, but it does leave a shimmery residue.

After I let this coat set in for longer, Im going to see if witch hazel as well as alcohol takes it off.

On the first coat, I used mineral spirits to take off some of the adhesive left on the TPE from painters tape and it removed the stain, just as I expected.

I know alcohol won't remove clothing stains. I don't know about witch hazel yet. We will see. I was actually thinking of diluting the fabric dye mixture as well as the coffee/tea/wine mix a bit with the witch hazel to see if it made any sort of difference with the absorption rate.

In the past, I have diluted tattoo ink with witch hazel to develop different values of a color.

Hell, if I can't get this shit to lay down evenly out of the aerosol can, Im going to spray it into a hobby jar and dilute it with witch hazel and apply it with my airbrush.

With that being said, my next test will be applying actual tattoo ink to the TPE....just smearing it on the surface. I know that tattoo ink will stain anything porous/fabric and you can't get that shit out.

I do plan on actually taking a tattoo needle/machine to the back of her head after I figure out the correct process for applying a tan.
There is a TDF member on here with a PlatSil Real Doll that he is tattooing the hell out of and is having success.

Worst case scenario, I figure out a solid method of tattooing the TPE and give her a tan by tattooing a full body suit of the desired tan skin tone I mix up. I know it'll be permanent then. However, it will be a shitload of work/money/time and will be my last resort.

But, Im not giving up on this. At this point, its all trial and error.

After countless hours of research on here, there is still nothing solid on giving TPE a tan, or changing colors of any sort.
There have been claims made, but its a "grey area" of knowledge/technique.
From everything I've read and learned, I've tried it all with failed results. I have messaged members on technique, with no reply.

The liquid, or cream makeup has given me the best result thus far....as in, I can wipe the TPE with my finger and it holds better than fabric dye or the coffee/tea/wine mixture. Both of those literally wiped clean off at just a touch.
But, the makeup stain still rubs away.... It just takes more pressure/consistency in a given area to do so.

Ive also done a lot of research online outside of TDF, and found claims to be made that TPE can be dyed with any sort of dye. All the statements supporting that were very general, and didn't specify wether the dye be mixed in to the clear TPE before pouring the mold or after mold has set. None of the statements suggested any method in doing so, or what type of dyes are more effective.

I've watched videos on people pouring their own TPE molds. The liquid is clear. Which, says to me that the color is applied to the TPE after the mold is cast. I don't understand why it is such an industry secret to give TPE color....

I know it isn't rocket science.

I mean, you can take an unwashed, new lingerie garment and leave it on the TPE for a given time, it stains no problem.....
so, you spray 100% concentrated fabric dye directly on the surface and it wipes right off. It makes zero sense.

There must be some sort of science behind it, though. Im certain several variables come into play with the TPE taking a stain/color.

I will figure it out, even if I ruin this doll in doing so....or atleast just her head. lol
Its a lot cheaper to buy a new head than the entire body.

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Ok. so, I let the second coat set for a lil over 26 hours. I cleaned the spray on make up off with dial soap/hot water. The stain doesn't seem to be rubbing off like the first coat did. The stain won't go away by rubbing with witch hazel, alcohol, or ponds cold cream makeup remover.
It does disappear with mineral spirits.

I think I'm getting somewhere with this. Im going to give her body a good rub down with mineral spirits and put a bathing suit on her for tan lines. Then, I'm going to heat her up and spray the first coat on her entire body. Im thinking 2-3 coats will be the key. I'll let the last coat sit for a day or two before cleaning off.

I also got a merkin...damn thing is like an afro! Im going to trim it up the best I can and attach it non-permanently. Im thinking a pubic patch from real doll will be more realistic, so ill prob order one of those.
We will see how this one looks.

I will take some pics to post after I get a finished product.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

buttoncock. you said you was spray coating the doll and the stain seemed to stay on. what are you spray coating it with?? i am very interested in seing some pics of your progress .

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

I was using Airbrush legs by Sally Hansen...comes in aerosol can. You can find it in any drug department or drug store for 13 bucks a can. 2 cans is barely enough coverage for 140cm doll. When I did test spots on the back of the head, the second coat seemed more even..the one I left on over 24 hours.
When I shot the entire body, the end result from one coat was very splotchy and uneven.
There were many areas that didn't take any color at all.
I did a second coat, using 4 cans this time.....got it on her nice and thick. I used lots of heat over a 48hr period before washing it off.
It was still splotchy, but better coverage. It left her tint more like a tan healing from a sunburn...had a reddish tint to it.

In the mean time of all that, I experimented on the head with cream makeup and sponge applicator.....seemed to get a pretty even stain with just one coat.

So, as she sits now, she is covered in 2 coats of cream makeup applied by hand. Im not sure how long I'm going to leave it on her.
I haven't used any heat this time around with the cream makeup, as I didn't with the test spot on the head.

The test spot wasn't even on a full 24hrs, and like I said...it was a pretty even stain.

I think I will wash the makeup off at 24hrs and see where she sits. If another coat is needed, I will do so.
Im curious to see how the evenness is along with the tint left from this cream makeup.

So far, with supplies and material cost....Ive spent about 150 bucks, and I'm still trying to find the right formula.

It is very time consuming, and it is a waiting game not for those with little patience. It is a lot of work and it is very messy when it comes time for cleaning the makeup off the doll. My garage is covered in tan makeup overspray from the first round of the Airbrush Legs coat.

Im not sure about heat with the TPE. Im wondering if heating it up causes it to leak oil...maybe more in some spots than others....leaving a very uneven stain. Im not sure if preheating the TPE is the way to go or not. Im not sure what the ideal room temperature is for applying makeup and curing/drying.

These are all variables that I have thought about, but not paid much attention to.
My garage isn't climate controlled, so I just have to go with what the ambient temp is. I live in Dallas, TX....so the weather here is erratic, especially this time of year....and especially this year specifically.

We will see, and I will update progress.

I am taking a few pics, and will post them once I have accomplished my goal. Like I said before, Im not giving up on this.

Its ridiculous that makers of the TPE dolls don't ever chime in on what is good to paint the dolls with. Im sure with time and research...trial and error by guys like me, we will get answers.

Cheers

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Ok...so I just finished spending 7 hours getting the double coat of cream make up off of her after letting it set in for 24hours.
It was a nightmare....needless to say, Im getting to know ever square inch of her thoroughly.

And, my hands are dry AF.

Her tint is now more of a golden bronze....very natural-like and realistic.
It looks nothing like the fake looking tan skin tone from the TPE doll vendors.

I don't care what skin tone you go with when ordering, they all look fake because none of the tones represent what would be on a RG....atleast in the TPE world.
There are no subtle differences between the underboob and abdomen....or in between the tits or butt crack.
With that being said,
her tan is a lot more even than before, but still not consistent enough for my liking.

The majority of the unevenness looks very realistic due to the simple fact that a RG tan is uneven and not the same tint square inch X square inch.
But, there are certain things that are bugging me....like her left arm isn't taking color as good as the rest of her body. Her chest/collarbone/neckline is taking more than the rest of her body. The fingers and toes are lighter than the hands/feet.
One hand is darker than the other.
Shit like that....
Im a body artist by trade, so I notice things that most people wouldn't.

And, for the record...the stain spreads, so theres no use in spending hours with a bikini modifying it/placing it exactly where you want the tan lines to be. It was pointless, and I ruined a really cute bathing suit doing so. LOL

After her second coat with the 4 cans of Airbrush Legs, I taped off bikini lines by hand and used mineral spirits to remove makeup in the taped areas to develop tan lines.
It was not an easy task, and the stain spread... even after that. I have yet to tape off and develop tan lines after washing her after 3rd coat.

The way she sits now, Im pretty happy with her, but she still isn't where I want her to be.

I feel like I want to let her chill out for a little while.....I will develop new tan lines in the next day or two.
I want to give the TPE a break, and let everything settle.

I will more than likely do some test runs on the back of her head with a tattoo machine in the downtime.

I was told by a TDF member that is currently giving a real doll a body suit that I can't tattoo TPE...not with his methods anyway.
I don't know what his methods are, because he doesn't share anything with me.

But, I will make it happen. If I can't figure it out, this girl will be up for grabs and I will be purchasing a Silicone Model for my body art.

I just want to make it happen with TPE because nobody has done either....tan lines or tattoos.

Ive been a big fan of tan lines and tattoos since I can remember. I remember having my first orgasm to a chick in Hustler with both....and she had a pube patch.

I think I will forever be attracted to women featuring that shit because Im branded. LOL

Speaking of pubes, I cut/trimmed the merkin to look as close to natural as possible...it still looks retarded. The backing is a solid sheet of plastic, not a silicone mesh. Therefore, when the lower abdomen expands and whatnot from different leg/waist movement, the merkin does not cooperate.

I ordered a pube patch from real doll, as well as an insert. I decided if I'm spending this much time/money/effort modifying this bitch, I should at least get a nut or 2 out of it. LOL

And, yes....I will be wrapping the RD2 insert with a barrier before inserting so I don't cause damage to the TPE.

I am above average size, and from what I've read the TPE inserts won't be good for me. I modified my old fleshlight to go in and look natural, but the outside of the sleeve isn't solid enough/too thin to feel like it does inside the can.

Hence, why I ordered an RD2 insert. From everything I've researched, you don't have to be "18yr-old hard" to have sex with it, unlike TPE inserts that are considered to be too tight, even for the average Joe.

And, with all the effort dressing her, positioning her, etc....I lose my 18 year old boner pretty quick because nothing about any of that is a turn on....in fact, I feel at this point that I would rather get off looking at/admiring her than going thru all the effort to have sex with her. Ive had sex/kids with some of the most gorgeous women in the world...so, it takes a lot for me to get excited.

A stiff/dead weight doll doesn't increase my libido any.....

But, Im pretty new to the doll world. Ive been curious about it for a decade or so, and bought a doll to modify and see if it is everything I imagined it to be long ago.

So far, its not. At all. It is doing nothing but consume my time, money, energy, etc. to try to fulfill this unexplored fantasy.

But, I'm at home experimenting....not out blowing cash on worthless memories to be forgotten, risking jail time or a broken heart. :)

That in itself is enough reason for me to justify this mad craze Ive had going on the past month.

My friends are all like. "what the hell you been up to?...what you been doing?"

I told one of my friends about whats going on....I had to tell somebody!!!!

He was cool as a fan about it and has been curious about my progress since....

I think back to my roots....my favorite movie growing up was Weird Science. It wasn't because it was the best movie ever or anything.
I was amazed that technology might one day advance far enough that we can create a dream girl. I was like 8 when that movie came out.

I didn't know about girls or relationships, nor did I care to. I was into GI Joe and Star Wars and Transformers.
But, I was intrigued with the entire concept of that movie.

So, here I am...just a big hairy kid reliving his childhood. LOL

I just wish I had computers to do all this manual labor for me!!!

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

please post some pics as soon as you can , i wrote in the inventors corner about another possible way to tan the body , you may have seen it , the idea was based on clothing staining the doll already , so maybe use a zena? spandex full body suit (they sell them on ebay. using a dark brown or lighter brown put the suit on a naked doll making sure that no creases are present , let the doll lay with suit on for different set times and check on the tanning .
as i mentioned on their i don't know if this will work or not , just throwing the idea out their .

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Yeah, thats a good idea but I know that wouldn't work. You would need to submerge the body for several days in concentrated fabric dye, and I don't think that would be a good idea and it would be pretty expensive.
As I stated earlier in the thread...I airbrushed fabric dye on the TPE, and it wiped right off. The consistency isn't thick enough.

With lingerie staining, like straps and elastic bands...they apply pressure to the TPE and will stain. From what I've learned, fabric stains are often very uneven and unpredictable.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Though not what you really looking for but the link below is how I apply tan to my doll.

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7477
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Thanks for sharing TTNLBTPD, that seems like it would be great for photo shoots or something temporary.

However, Im trying to develop a more permanent solution...and I think I'm on the right track.

timetraveler1, why don't you wrap your doll in a body suit and see if it works?.....better yet, pour a tub of rit fabric dye and soak her for a few days......post pics please.

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

I haven't got a doll yet, saving up, but know a little about paint. If I was you first I'd get a piece of test TPE from your seller or buy a TPE toy. Then try different paints like water color or acrylics. You may even try the stuff they use for spray tan or tan lotion in a bottle. You never really know till you try. But you don't want to try on your doll. May get a problem you don't want. Air brushes can be bought fairly cheap. I have several. I think I read something about petroleum and oio based stuff is really bad so might want to avoid those. There is makeup you can use in a airbrush also. Lasts a while I believe but will eventually have to redo. I believe that will be true with anything you use as the TPE probably won't allow anything to stick permanently. Your test piece and trial and error will be your best bet. Later

Rigidman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rigidman »

I've seen tattoos that were painted on but they were silicone $5000+ dolls.your hair comment is the reason I'm ordering my doll bald. Gonna look around for hair that looks real. Might look for methods of placing individual hairs like they do on the high end dolls. Guessing they use a special needle to poke the hair into the silicone. Wonder if it works for TPE? The pics on the websites of the tans looked good but after reading your posts I can understand the need for realism. Have you tried hair dye? There are also metal dyes but may be caustic to TPE. Also leather dye, etc.. Your tea mixture or tan in can may need to set for awhile. Put on a coat one day, put on second coat day two, and keep doing it til you get what you want. Also some of the doll merchants have makeup remover for dolls. Good luck later

buttoncock

Post by buttoncock »

Acrylic ink doesn't work. Tattoo ink doesn't work. Fabric dye doesn't work. Self tanner doesn't work. The tea/coffee/wine recipe doesn't work. All of that just wipes off.Anything thin enough to be airbrushed doesn't work. It has to be something of a thick consistency and applied by hand. I tried the aerosol "airbrush legs"...stain was very splotchy and uneven.
However, I think I have found a method that works....still doing some testing.

Also, I have started the process trying to figure out how to tattoo the TPE effectively without damaging it....double edged sword, there. Anyways,
let it be known that A&D ointment also removes stain from TPE....

Silicone and TPE are two completely different substances with properties 180 degrees from each other. Ive seen Silicone effectively tattooed, not TPE. Ive seen silicone effectively given tan lines, not TPE. Ive seen silicone with hair implants, not TPE.

We need more people experimenting with TPE.

I haven't tried hair dye....not sure how the TPE will react to the chemicals.
Im not putting anything on my doll that can't be washed off with soap/water.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Welcome to TDF, Rigidman!
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I would love to see pictures showing how this project worked out for you.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

INFORMATIONS