Starpery.com

My first home-made doll.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: My first home-made doll.

Post by Mr Franz »

Is he going to eventually have skin or some sort of covering?

Velanah Torres

Post by Velanah Torres »

Mr Franz wrote:Is he going to eventually have skin or some sort of covering?
Eventually. He is far from finished. As he is now, he is far too skinny. LOL
--V. Torres

Dolls: Manny Mark 1(DIY), Manny Mark 2(DIY) & Pranara (Kimber Doll)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67186
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110855

Velanah Torres

Post by Velanah Torres »

Hardware Update:

It did not seem all that easy. It's kind of buggy, but I blame Windows 10 for that.

The Mini PC is a PC On A Stick ProStick SC6, running Windows 10 Professional.
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG (977.75 KiB) Viewed 813 times
The Rode Lavalier Go Professional Microphone is plugged directly into an Andrea PureAudio USB-MA soundcard.
I am using Botlibre via the Google Chrome Web Browser as it seems to support the HTML5 speech API better than firebox.
I could not get it working with Firefox at all, even after setting settings in the browser's config manually. I can't tell if Windows 10 has something to do with this or not.
I have not yet tried the hardware with an AIML scripted bot, but it does seem to work fine with the Julie Template which is what I was using for testing.
Templates are made a bit differently than an AIML scripted bot and are a bit more forgiving when something isn't spoken right or if the microphone malfunctioned.
AIML is rigid, in that the exact phrase must be spoken flawlessly for the intended response to occur. If the microphone lags out and words are dropped. You will get the default response. This is what was happening with my hand written AIML bot when I was using the IOS Botlibra App.
I have installed my favorite Ivona voices which work flawlessly with Botlibra using the HTML5 speech API.

The Waveshare 5inch LCD Touch Screen works; however, I have used a bi-directional HDMI switch to switch monitors, as testing really needs a large screen. The smaller screen is really just for turning the Mini-PC on, navigating to my bot and shutting down afterward.

The Bluetooth speaker is a Rise Miniboom speaker. It is so loud, I find myself needing to turn it down often.

For input control I am using a Digitech XC-4943 wireless keyboard with built in trackball.
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG (930.01 KiB) Viewed 813 times
The Mini-PC only has two USB ports, so I will need to get a splitter to enable touch on the 5inch screen.

All I need to do now is place all of this inside of Manny Mark 2
20201102_164324.jpg
20201102_164324.jpg (933.58 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Take Care All.
--V. Torres

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

I can't believe how cleanly assembled it is. I like how you attached that blue stuff. Very meticulous. Nice job.

Velanah Torres

Post by Velanah Torres »

SeanSteel wrote:I can't believe how cleanly assembled it is. I like how you attached that blue stuff. Very meticulous. Nice job.
The hardware isn't installed on the body yet. I am sure it will look untidy while it is being built. I am still waiting on the cooling fans to arrive from china.
--V. Torres

mochk
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mochk »

Thanks for the updates, it great seeing the work in progress.

Mbuti Lover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Mbuti Lover »

Velanah Torres wrote:
freezenator wrote:What skeleton are you using?
https://www.spiderhillpropworks.com/Twi ... _p_21.html

There you go!!

--V. Torres
Great idea with pvc, I wonder how the joints hold up?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

looks like you put a lot of thought and work into it , nice job !!

luckyrabbitpaws
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by luckyrabbitpaws »

What a cool project! It was your thread that gave me some insight into the type of skeleton I'd like to create for a plush doll, so it was really helpful! I love the speaker idea- what will you be loading it with?

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

luckyrabbitpaws wrote: What a cool project! It was your thread that gave me some insight into the type of skeleton I'd like to create for a plush doll, so it was really helpful! I love the speaker idea- what will you be loading it with?
Welcome To TDF! :D :thumbs_up:

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Velanah Torres

Post by Velanah Torres »

luckyrabbitpaws wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:51 am What a cool project! It was your thread that gave me some insight into the type of skeleton I'd like to create for a plush doll, so it was really helpful! I love the speaker idea- what will you be loading it with?
Hiya, the speaker, I believe, is blue tooth capable, so it will be the output device for the AI. Sadly, I haven't really had the time or the desire to continue this project. It is my hope that it will. There are just things that are on my priority list right now.

Unfortunately, and I think it is my fault for not clarifying. I have two male dolls. I have the original version which is entirely plush, except for a vinyl head and silicone hands and feet. It was my intention that the skeleton was going to be for him, but that decision was made prior to building him. His current form was more or less an experiment, to see how he would look, but I couldn't bear to take him apart afterwards. it didn't take me long for me to realize that this skeleton would be inappropriate. So the skeleton is being used for another purpose, to create a doll that is posable, with AI capabilities.
--V. Torres

luckyrabbitpaws
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by luckyrabbitpaws »

Velanah Torres wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:13 am. So the skeleton is being used for another purpose, to create a doll that is posable, with AI capabilities.
Incredibly fair, I'd say! Whenever inspiration strikes again, I'm quite excited to see what all you come up with. This has been quite interesting so far :D

Ludavx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ludavx »

DollAfficionado wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 am This is excellent work, especially considering she is your first doll creation.
"she"?
Luciana.

INFORMATIONS