SexDollAmerica.com

Outbursts and Rants

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Outbursts and Rants

Post by Ishtaria »

We've had several threads recently which were nothing but rants regarding someone's dissatisfaction about dolls which they do not own. Of interesting to me is that these posters were all "new" accounts, and all originated from the very same city located in Texas.

The purpose of the Doll Forum is to discuss dolls, obtain information about them, learn how to repair them, and so on. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and we understand that someone may love one kind of doll and not prefer another.

But this is not the place to start threads intended to tear down dolls or doll manufacturers simply because the products they offer do not fit one's own personal ideal. A complaint made by a doll owner regarding a doll that he or she *owns* is one thing. But to come here and attempt to rally criticism of a doll (that one does not even own), is not constructive discussion, and is not the intended purpose of the Doll Forum.

Ish

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Thanks Ish,

That was well-put and definitely called for.
This was bugging me for a while; it seemed like the same "attitude" that popped up in previous trolls.

Thank you so much for making this the ONLY civil Forum I have ever seen :!:

PBS & Lily

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Thank you PBShelley :D

TDF is by far the best social community I've seen anywhere on the net. And it's the members that make it that way. :)

Ish

kosh

Re: Outbursts and Rants

Post by kosh »

i have a very strong suspicion that it's one of the new 'soon-to-be' doll manufacturers trying hard to cast doubts in the other products out there. texas eh? hmmmmm.....
kosh
~ understanding is a three edged sword ~

Max P

Post by Max P »

TDF is by far the best social community I've seen anywhere on the net. And it's the members that make it that way.
I second that, could not agree more! :D

Max P
Enjoy[url=http://www.tanita.tv]www.Tanita.tv[/url]

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

I'm certain that it isn't coming from any doll developers who have openly posted here. None of them are from Texas.

Ish

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Not only that, Ish...

One of the things I've been impressed with lately has been the level of openess and positivity coming from the new manufacturers. I haven't heard any of them try to put down another's doll - instead, the manufacturers who have announced have pretty much given accolades to other dollmakers whenever they've mentioned them.

When it comes down to it, I don't think that anyone trying to trash "my doll" is going to be any more effective than trying to trash "my girlfriend". Rational or not, whether you like or despise her, she's going to be special to _me_, and that's really all that matters.

Between the new makers, the improvements to existing dolls, and the upcoming positive books and documentaries, it's a great time to be a dollover... 8) :D 8)

~B.

tweetymel
Former Member

Post by tweetymel »

THANK YOU ISH!!! I was over here biting my tongue. You said it best dear! Let's keep this a happy place with tact. :D

Tweetymel :D

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

I did a trace on clay32 and randymorgan62 who made a similar post on the 8th and they resolve to the same town and service.

We need to watch this one. He posts from two locations but the two locations were the same on both names.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

I think what it is that makes these "attacks" somewhat obvious is that across all TDF forums/manufacturers, that there is virtually NO disrespect, or disparaging comments made about other dolls or their companies (and when there are, the Admin personnel handle it swiftly, which is such a great advantage to have, believe me).
So when these remarks appear, most TDF regulars go "Whoa!" That might be the way they do business in SOME countries, but -um, wait a minute. OK, what I mean to say, is that in a civil Community, they don't.
Yeah, that's the ticket :?

Despite the wide differences and appearances between "products" and preferences here, each diverse type of "doll-lover" both disagrees and comments respectfully, and the manufacturers and members here respect each other because we are all on the same "team".
Okay, maybe "side" :wink:
The discourses and civil disagreements here are even informational!

It's a refreshing place to come from all the rude and attitudinal buggers out there. Thank god this forum isn't widely advertised!

Anyway, thanks all,
PBS & Lily

set

Post by set »

You know, I thought those posts both had a similar tone ;)

Thanks for putting your foot down Ish!

I believe that it's total BS to bash a product (and a good product at that) you do not own, and have probably never even seen in real life. The part that I believe was most wrong in these posts is that there was no point to them! It's okay to discuss RD's price and weight (or S18 seams) as long ask you are asking for other options!

This person probably (IMO) just wanted to rant because he couldn't afford any of the dolls, and if he could find someone here to agree with him, it would make him feel less jealous!

Just my $0.02.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

I've solved the mystery :idea:

First, notice who (randymorgan62 & clay32) has posted on this thread:
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... torder=asc

Then look at this web site:
http://www.asian21.com/index.html

Then do a WHOIS on the domain name asian21.com, or just click here:
http://www.whois.org/whois.cgi2?d=asian21.com

After that look at the domain owner's email address, and remember that one of the two "loud" accounts we've dealt with lately is "randymorgan62."

It would have been sooo much easier if Randal would have just come to the Doll Forum, introduce himself, and stated that he is going to be an importer of asian dolls. THere's already a ton of folks here who love Asian dolls. WE EVEN HAVE AN ASIAN DOLL FORUM!!! 8O

Instead, he makes a clandestine attempt at social programming (4 different times), and gets his ISP locked out of TDF.

thinks...

OK, this is what I am going to do: I'm going to remove the block that I have on his ISP, and if he reads this, he will understand that tearing down other manufacturers like he has is grounds for geting locked out. And that the correct way to deal with us is simply to talk about the wonderful dolls that he plans on importing.

On the other hand, if I'm away and he makes another "tear everybody else down" post, could someone just point him to this specific one? (Thanks!)

Ish

PS
Here is the exact URL to this post if anyone ends up needing it:
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... 3108#63108

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Good work Ish!
I don't think too any poeple around here are going to have ANYTHING to do with Asian21.....

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

Good investigative work, Ishtaria. His business email matches the one used on the forum. You caught him cold.

I'm sure his site will go away just as soon as he rips enough people off and the law closes in on him. I imagine he works the Ebay scams as well.

I remember two other people who did this stuff and even used a Realdoll as being their product. They would close their site after a few months and reappear under a different name each time and the scam worked for two years before being caught in Chicago by the feds.
Two members on the old forum lost their money and never recovered.

grey
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by grey »

You guys are fantastic! I work as a developer and know how manual a process it can be to run a proper trace.

As a newbie on TDF, I'm constantly impressed by everyone's openness and willingness to help one other, and seeing how quickly you conrnered an offender, I feel safe visiting this site.

Nice work and thanks again for answering all of my questions and allowing new folks like myself to peruse all the helpfull info here!

btw - feel free to give me shout if I can ever help with any programming issues!

Regards,
grey

INFORMATIONS