www.funwestdoll.com

prepping for my French poupee

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

prepping for my French poupee

Post by samara78 »

So far I have step 1been reading through the latex doll forum to learn the best way to care for a precious latex doll.
2 a nice soft fabric bag. Preferably a white cotton bag of thick flannel, to keep madam Gertrude, in fine shape when not in use.
3 skin care. Having a body powder. I will use women's body powder on the doll. A nice plain old fashioned shower with her (would be interesting, need to try that at least once) Seems to be the way to go. Never using human soap on her is a good idea. I won't be using the holes at all. So no issue there. I may reverganize her for some lucky guy lol
4 not handling her without washing up first.
5 when she gets a little parched, give er a little armor all rub and after wipe down .
6 a little hand cranked air pump10 dollars a`la targe`t lol. Never blow up air babes of any kind with your breath. Always use a hand pump. Bacterium in any of my air babes would be terrible. Yuck!!!
Avoid contact with full spectrum uv light . She will last a long time If I take proper steps to care for her.
So if I clean her the best Is usually a simple shower than hang her up Than once dry, powder her and deflate for storage? I don't think I will have any problems caring for this gorgeous doll. I will have to find her fancy box to be stored in. Maybe a nice French hat box, lol.
This is the stuff that was made clear, in this post. I'm sure I am missing something still. It will come at the most inappropriate moment. Lmao.

Any other advice is appreciated.

I will be inflating the air gang very soon, in anticipation of Madam Gertrude arrival here.
Thank you all for reading!!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Aerial

Re: prepping for my French poupee

Post by Aerial »

A cloth bag is not good. Use a PE/PP plastic bag (never PVC due to plasticizer) to protect latex from ozone when not in use. Only put the doll into it when completely dry because moisture can hardly vapour out through plastic and may rot latex. (Of course you may use an additional cloth bag around it for carrying and light protection.) Do not sharply fold latex (particularly never crossfold) but roll her up to avoid holes.

Avoid talc powder; it attacks the lung and so can cause latex allergy. Use corn starch or silicone oil (applied with PE foil instead of rag, do not spray it due to lung damage).

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Nice thank you so very much. I do keep cornstarch for my other dolls. I do suppose that will work for her too.
Thank you so very much.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

She will be here tomorrow. I have everything I need to accommodate her entrance into the house

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

I think you've got all the bases covered Samara! I've had my Domax for over 5 years and she is pretty much as good as new. I had a few pinholes that I patched up with natural liquid latex rubber when I first had her, and since then ... smooth sailing!

IF you are getting the original "bucket" that she comes in when purchased new ... the bucket is perfect for storage. Just make sure the doll is completely clean and dry before packing her away ... a good dusting with corn starch before storing her in her bucket is a great way to keep her soft and supple.

Cheers,
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

No bucket . So I bought a French hat box Instead. Someone said store her in plastic? What kind Von?

She is here so I am going to clean her and seal her up. She has leaking from the removal of the "sweet" entrance. I will post pics as I go aong. I have cornstarch a sham wow and some armor all

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Hat box sounds like a good idea for storage.

Plastic?
Aerial wrote: Use a PE/PP plastic bag (never PVC due to plasticizer) to protect latex from ozone when not in use.
I think PE = Poly Ethylene and PP = Poly Polypropylene but not positive. PVC = Poly Vinyl Chloride ... the oils/plasticizes will melt/disintegrate latex.

I hope this helps. I can't wait to see what what you create with this lovely latex lass! Always a cool surprise!

Cheers!
Von

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I don't understand . A plastic tub or grocery bag with no print on it?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This doll is very nice to touch. I Def have a latex fetish. Anyway here is a pic of her hoot chief for reference. Still hard at work with this doll
A pic of how she came.
A pic of how she came.
20150925_230148.jpg (1006.45 KiB) Viewed 5558 times
This doll came with a patch on it already. And some kind of sealant over the sides of the extra piece as well. This was tacky to the touch and peeled off readily (not moving the patch up ).
Gently rubbed with my finger tip until all excess material was removed. removed what was not completely that way. I than took a decent amount of rubbing alcohol, and liberally applied it the area in question to clean it. I than blotdry my work with a clean cotton pad. More later too tired

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I found a bucket made pp plastic . I Wil be cleaning it and storing her th ere in. Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

samara78 wrote:I don't understand . A plastic tub or grocery bag with no print on it?
I'm not a plastics expert, but I am pretty sure that the white 5 gallon buckets that food stuffs (like pickles or salsas) are packed in are poly ethylene, as are the white buckets that bulk sized laundry soap is packed in.

I'm not sure what the grocery bags are made of. Many grocery stores around where I live use a corn based starch type plastic, where others use a different type of plastic.

Plastic tubs?? Could be made of many different plastics. A "food safe" plastic tub COULD be okay to use ... I really don't know for absolute sure. IF there are any kinda of markings molded into the plastic, these could be decoded and find out what plastic mix/compound is used.

FYI : I stored my Letha Weapons in a plain, unbleached cardboard box for over 15 years with no problems. Proper washing/cleaning/drying of the latex is MOST important ... no body oils should be present before storing away for any length of time.

Cheers,
Von

EDIT : PP bucket should be fine!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Thanks man. I had four dolls come in three days. That's after selling two of them. I need to check if my repairs worked out on Gertrude before I pack her up for the rest of the weekend

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I sealed her vulva area. With the swim cap. It will negate the erosion of the latex in her private area, and is sinfully soft. The plastic pail I found is working out well. I'm tired now. Good night tdf.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Ok she a had tear in her taint area. Found that cleaning the area with isopropyl worked well. I than folded a paper card in quarters, and after using the rubber cement, clamped the paper over the repair so it sets nice and tight. I have to finish this project when I am done with my teddybabe

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

Harmful for latex is mainly *soft* PVC (due to plasticizers) which does not affect buckets. I recently found a decomposed old rubber glove resonator in a white (breakfast) paper bag which paper turned brownish near the decomposed area. It may be that decomposed latex produced sulphuric acid that stained the paper or vice versa the paper emitted acid first. (It was a pink household glove which poorly vulcanized end already turned darker by short water contact, and as far I remember, it was a bad smelling (possibly mould fungus infested) batch of a normally pleasant smelling brand.)

I consider PE/PP foil more latex-safe than paper or cardboard, however moisture in a completely sealed plastic bag can harm it also. So keeping the plastic bag only gently rolled up instead of knotted for some weeks after wash may help to avoid moisture damage.

INFORMATIONS