www.ordoll.com

ordolls skeleton doll frame , what does it look like ?

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: ordolls skeleton doll frame , what does it look like ?

Post by haremlover »

Aah - yes - I remember that video - it struck me as rather sinister at the time. An insight as to the place that good dolls are taken to die. One should be more respectful to the image - they can have spirit . . . . http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -toys.html

It looks as though she was being scrapped as a result of a severe lower leg bone injury.

Back on track - that skeleton is a WM family skeleton of the vintage where a tube led from the top of the vaginal cavity into the skeleton structure and was capable of allowing water ingress. This was meant to have been cured last December and since then numerous improvements have been reputed to have been achieved.

That vintage of skeleton as you can see there had wires connecting directly into the tubes of arm and leg to substitute for proper hinged joints, and these suffer metal fatigue and I complained vigorously about what I perceived to be built-in obsolescence and business practices common in China which have led to the economic meltdown yesterday.

So that video may be quite unrepresentative of the current reputedly upgraded skeleton. There is a WM163 for sale on the forum at the moment which indicates most significant upgrades. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=64249

I have a strong feeling that there is a southern Chinese maker of skeletal parts common to all the TPE dolls and possibly a brand of silicone doll also made in south China. They all have the same feeling of metal on metal in their hinge movement and these hinges will have the tendency to loosen up quite quickly meaning that a doll starts life great for posing and loosens up for a life of indulgence in the bedroom, which she sees to be her prime purpose in life.

Because TPE is a hot pour material the nature of hinges is unlikely to be possible to be made to be more sophisticated than they are in terms of tension keeping in the long run but the nature of Robothead's sale suggests that this family of dolls may have been upgraded very significantly and competently.

Best wishes

Harem

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

thelionking wrote:
amytyl wrote:https://youtu.be/6gVH8dnpXvY
Skip to the end, it shows half of the skeleton, the other is the same. Similar to the DS in ways, but also unique. Very helpful in repair work.
Was it ever confirmed that this video was of an ORdoll being cut up? :cry:

looks like a 135 model. so not an ORdoll.

and yes. it's a pretty cool (educational) vid. :)

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Sotaichou wrote:
looks like a 135 model. so not an ORdoll.

My understanding is that WM is the OEM manufacturer for YL and OR and therefore the skeletons will be substantially similar. . . .

The 163 has a larger thigh bone but the design is the same.

Best wishes

Harem

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

yup. I really don't have any doubts about all the tpe, even if they themselves don't want to bring out the info, it's not like they're disclaiming the stuff people put out. it's a shame since things like this is the thing that helps more people become a customer.

/g'day.

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Mr_E

Post by Mr_E »

OH MAN! That video made me cringe. Had to look away a couple of times. Warn a fella next time. Lol!

Haremlover stated in a previous post:
"In response to Havefun above, there is a very significant difference between dolls made in southern China in the economic development zone and products made elsewhere in China further north often by companies in foreign ownership." As a newb im trying to learn, so I have to ask...is that to say the more northern the company the better or the oposite?
Mr_E

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Mr_E wrote: the more northern the company the better or the oposite?
As far as I know there is only one company working in China to the north, outside the Chinese economic development area near the South China Sea. They work exclusively with silicone rather than TPE and are dolls of a very different character.

The OR doll is especially sculpted and the threads about the development of her sculpture are very interesting to read. The TPE dolls are great in bed and achieve significant popularity for that reason.

Best wishes

Harem

thelionking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thelionking »

haremlover wrote:The TPE dolls are great in bed and achieve significant popularity for that reason.

Best wishes

Harem
Touche'...touche'...
~Simba

" 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 ... Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. " 1 Corinthians 7:26-27 http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=57746

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hey haremlover what about the doll sweet ? skeleton is it similar to ordolls? , as i said i think it was dollsweets ? skeleton i had seen and it looked well made .
I also like the link where you showed the doll for sale and it had a special spine that bends like a real woman's spine . I wonder if this will become a regular feature in the ordoll ? It sure looks nice ! :D
i rewatched the video of them cutting open the doll but really couldn't see the elbow and knee joints all that good as they were covered by a material . the metal it's self for the bone structure looks pretty strong , i was more interested in the joints area's as to how strong and well made they are . i see the fingers are wires , hopefully very flexible so they will last and won't break . same with the loop wire in the foot area . :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

timetraveler1 wrote:hey haremlover what about the doll sweet ? skeleton is it similar to ordolls? , as i said i think it was dollsweets ? skeleton i had seen and it looked well made .
I have been avoiding talking about DS in this section. DS originally bore resemblance to 4Woods, I believe, and then engineered it further making it very sophisticated.

TPE skeletons have to be very different in order to cope with the high temperature process of manufacturing a TPE doll. This places limitations on what is technically possible and the family of south China manufacturers' skeletons feel as though they use metal against metal hinges.

The wires seen in the video are fine for fingers but in the past have been used instead of hinges, suffered metal fatigue and broke. There is a tutorial thread specifically relating to an OR doll about their repair http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=53018. But this is an old thread.

In relation to this family of skeletons, wrists and ankles of dolls made in this way had to be very carefully treated avoiding sharp and repetitive bends and I didn't make friends complaining that it wasn't good design practice to use materials in this way which would suffer metal fatigue. WM promised to upgrade the wrists and ankles of their skeletons and I had the impression that by April or so of this year significant improvements had been made and from a FOR SALE thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=64249 it seems as though this aspect of the WM / OR family skeletons have been fully upgraded, although have not seen any confirmation of this. But for this reason the video referred to is significantly out of date.

This was a WM standard skeleton of a year ago:

I'm hoping to hear news of its upgrade in due course.

Best wishes

Harem

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

I must say one thing here. To anyone who is contemplating any sort of modification of the dolls skeleton, the ORdoll company let me know they do not support it. I went against the advice and cut into my doll and the joints. The joints are welded in such a way that nothing can come from opening your doll up. They are en-capsuled, and made to not break.

I have to side with the company on that it is not good to consider any modifications on the doll. The skeleton of the doll is shrouded I think for a good reason. Unless you are a engineer of some type with heavy duty tools. I could show multiple pictures of the joints and skeleton from my dissection project but I have to support the company on this... it's best left alone.

I opened my doll up to see if the joints could be tightened. Unfortunately loose joints cannot be tightened.

thelionking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thelionking »

dollguy13 wrote:I must say one thing here. To anyone who is contemplating any sort of modification of the dolls skeleton, the ORdoll company let me know they do not support it. I went against the advice and cut into my doll and the joints. The joints are welded in such a way that nothing can come from opening your doll up. They are en-capsuled, and made to not break.

I have to side with the company on that it is not good to consider any modifications on the doll. The skeleton of the doll is shrouded I think for a good reason. Unless you are a engineer of some type with heavy duty tools. I could show multiple pictures of the joints and skeleton from my dissection project but I have to support the company on this... it's best left alone.

I opened my doll up to see if the joints could be tightened. Unfortunately loose joints cannot be tightened.
I don't think this post is about modification of the doll's skeleton. This post is about quality assurance. People want to know what it looks like to judge the quality of the skeleton.

I don't see the harm in showing your pics. In fact, it would ease curious and inquiring minds. So, please, if you do have them you are more than welcome to show them. Otherwise, I'll stick to my "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" life philosophy.
~Simba

" 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 ... Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. " 1 Corinthians 7:26-27 http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=57746

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

dollguy13 wrote:Unfortunately loose joints cannot be tightened.

This alone is very helpful to both consumer/manufacturer (tpe/silicone). Everyone should be looking to improve this if this affects their doll.

/g'day.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

One has to bear in mind that whilst TPE dolls can look like supermodels to begin with, they are primarily sex-toys and their joints loosening up quite quickly is an advantage for rolling around in bed, or sleeping with your movements.

As posable models to begin with they are great for dressing up and bonding with taking photos of them as one might a new girlfriend but they like to revert to an easier life lazing in bed.

Best wishes

Harem

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Yes thelionking, that's what this thread is really about being able to see what skeletons are in the ordoll , not about body modifications to the skeleton , it is just to see what type and hinges or joints and how well they look to be built .
Apparently from what some said the joints loosen up over time , which is good in some ways as long as it isn't to much , for instance it would be nice if a doll can still hold a pose with a arm partially up as opposed to the arm joints loose enough that they will not stay in place . , so if this is an apparent problem , then it's something that ordoll should work on .
As far as myself i would like a doll that would be able to still hold a pose with arms or legs , if they are looser that's fine as long as they still will hold a pose .
even though i don't work for ordoll i have talked and said what i thought would help the company , as i have seen that this company listens to people and as such has made a better product from doing so , many options etc. i have looked at many dolls and when the time comes and it will for me someday , unless anything drastically changes a ordoll will be in my future purchase . I just hope when it does they have solved the black fading on the skin ( hopefully they will keep working on the formula , fading is a big draw back , their has to be some formula that can be used with the tpe blend that can stop this from happening ) .
But back to the conversation at hand , i to agree with the company , about not opening the doll for body frame modifications .
Ordoll has upgraded and improved many things in their dolls and i think they will continue to do so in area's that show it needs improvement , they seem to really be trying hard to make this doll the best it can be , and that is a good thing and what will keep customers and gain new customers ! :D

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

thelionking wrote:
I don't see the harm in showing your pics. In fact, it would ease curious and inquiring minds. So, please, if you do have them you are more than welcome to show them. Otherwise, I'll stick to my "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" life philosophy.

Yes, you are correct the original post is regarding quality of the skeleton. I'm not sure that quality alone could be gauged on a picture alone of a skeleton though. I personally think ORdoll has already proved quality with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApT_nnMlz8

I can vouch for, having had my doll for over a year now, aside from loosened joints the doll is every bit as durable as shown in the video.

There are certain things that will cause fracture, like putting all the weight of the doll on the wrists bent at 90 deggress or all weight on feet. Aside from that for anyone questioning quality I can say the doll is 100% durable. Even if a picture was put out, I can say these China doll companies are constantly improving their skeletons, like cars, one years model might be slightly changed from the next

Also even doll companies have their trade secrets as you'll notice Realdoll and other silicone doll makers don't elaborate beyond words the composition of the joints. The important thing to note here is that the dolls will simply not fracture on you as long as the correct care is taken

INFORMATIONS