Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
alamode

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by alamode »

The 3 essentials. Vaseline, Nivea cream and baby oil.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_192510.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_192510.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 3037 times

alamode

Post by alamode »

I put baby oil on the whole doll. This is suggested monthly after the monthly bath, I'm not sure how often the Vaseline goes on the insides but I first put it today and it certainly feels softer and "realer". I just fingered it in and the oil I put by hand until I did not feel any more abrasion. It felt like it was healthy for the doll. The oil in a sense is the life of the doll and it felt good to restore it.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_233328.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
thumbnail_20161202_231639.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_231639.jpg (113.13 KiB) Viewed 3036 times

alamode

Post by alamode »

The Nivea cream is recommended once a week at the elbows and knees (the stress points). I also thought it best to add some to the shoulder area after seeing these holes. For my new doll I will be doing this from day 1. This one had some structural issues so she is a return to sender but I'm still giving her the loving care she deserves.
Attachments
thumbnail_20161202_230402.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_230402.jpg (108.03 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
thumbnail_20161202_232906.jpg
thumbnail_20161202_232906.jpg (118.35 KiB) Viewed 3036 times

glam_barbie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by glam_barbie »

Does anyone have any thoughts on the viability of "Johnson's Baby Head-to-Toe Disposable Washcloths" as a cleaning solution? They seem to be water based. The ingredients are listed on the product page below.

https://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Baby-He ... baby+wipes

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

Hello comrades.
I've got a TPE cutie (a few days ago). First of all, thanks to all people who share their experience, you give a lot good advices.

I would be happy If you answer to my questions. Sorry if they look stupid. ^^"
First of all. The main question is how to dry insides... For now I'm using an enemator with warm water, then a fan with a cold air, and for dry deep insides a piece of cotton cloth. Is this enough? I've read about some guys suggest an aquarium pump, but as far as I know, it have a tube with a holes on the one side. Maybe for this purpose a tube from enemator will be good too? Also, I was thinking about a silica gel wrapped into cotton cloth, so It can absorb liquid. What do you think?

The next question is about nivea cream. I have a moisturizing daily cream with protection from UV. Is it good for TPE doll?
How much I need it, and on which side apply? Side which bent, side which stretch or both? Should it be absorbed or I need remove it after some time.

Third question about the baby oil and washing doll. You suggest an antibacterial soap, whether the antibacterial doily a good solution to remove sweat and other liquids from the doll? As I understand a baby oil should be absorbed, right? And a johnson's baby oil with minerals is an a good option?

Thank you

mike-fish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mike-fish »

Hi

I am new to this but soon to get a TPE doll, so please excuse any 'stupid' questions or maybe help point me to a definitive TPE (not silicon) care system

There is lots of advice about washing, drying and powdering dolls but very few comments about oiling and so I have a few questions;

Why do none of the manufacturers or vendors recommend oiling in their care advice?

If powder is drying and thorough dying as recommended does it help cause TPE to lose it's natural oil and crack if stretched?

I understand powder for feel by removing stickiness so what powder is best. Corn starch is organic so can be fed on by creatures, - bed bugs and things, possibly even bacteria so is talc a better choice? Also talc smells nice and apparently TPE does not?

Why do most owners recommend Corn Starch, is it cost or is it better than talc?

Is adding oil essential?

Does adding oil replace what is lost and help preserve the TPE material?

How much oil should be applied?

Can too much be applied?

Is baby oil or Vaseline best to keep TPE supple?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks an merry Xmas
:glou:

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@ Rumia & mike-fish:

Please look at this article:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364

That article is the starting point.
All of your questions are answered within that article.
Take your time for reading it.

mike-fish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mike-fish »

Hi Indigo,

Many thanks, just skipped through the thread which is very informative - I will read it in detail later

Is there a oil based powder that could replace Starch or Talc to make TPE feel smooth?

:glou:

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

Well, I have a little disaster.
While I'm reading forum and learning tips & tricks. I guess my doll got a mold or something else... =\ That's really makes me sad, because she arrived to me only a month ago. Probably I didn't dry well her insides.
It looks like a tiny black dots now (I don't have a photos yet, because my endoscope still on the way). I will post photo asap. So, what you can suggest for me in this situation? I've read that the bleach can kill the mold, but I'm not totally sure that this is it.
And one more question. In the end of insides I've seen a tiny hole, well you know, and I'm not sure I can get in to put bleach or another "cure" inside it.
I'm counting on your help. T.T

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Rumia wrote:Well, I have a little disaster.
While I'm reading forum and learning tips & tricks. I guess my doll got a mold or something else... =\ That's really makes me sad, because she arrived to me only a month ago. Probably I didn't dry well her insides.
It looks like a tiny black dots now (I don't have a photos yet, because my endoscope still on the way). I will post photo asap. So, what you can suggest for me in this situation? I've read that the bleach can kill the mold, but I'm not totally sure that this is it.
And one more question. In the end of insides I've seen a tiny hole, well you know, and I'm not sure I can get in to put bleach or another "cure" inside it.
I'm counting on your help. T.T
Rumia, I'm really sorry to read this. Personally, I wouldn't continue to be intimate with a doll infected with mold. However, there is this post:

"3) If dark mold spots form anywhere (usually inside mouth or vaginal cavities) soak 4 stacked sheets of paper towels in straight bleach (not too soaked so as to be streaming bleach everywhere), roll them up and stuff inside mouth or vaginal cavity so soaked towel roll is pressed against mold areas. If on body, lay flat on mold areas with a little weight on the towel to press against mold area. Leave for at least 5 hours. Mold should be gone, then flush with water repeatedly. If still a little mold, repeat for another 2-3 hours. Then flush with water." from http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p837612 scroll to "PREVENTING MOLD FROM CYBERDOLL"

Though this may be more pertinent: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... PE&start=0

Versatile
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Versatile »

Hey sorry if someone's already asked this but can makeup be easily removed from a doll should we choose to apply it? I'm talking like blush, eye shadow, lipstick and such. Mascara even?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Versatile wrote:Hey sorry if someone's already asked this but can makeup be easily removed from a doll should we choose to apply it? I'm talking like blush, eye shadow, lipstick and such. Mascara even?
Hi, Versatile, once again, welcome to the forum. :wink: If you have a TPE doll, then baby oil has been my personal choice for makeup removal. I can't advise on silicone.

Versatile
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Versatile »

Seattle Slew wrote:
Versatile wrote:Hey sorry if someone's already asked this but can makeup be easily removed from a doll should we choose to apply it? I'm talking like blush, eye shadow, lipstick and such. Mascara even?
Hi, Versatile, once again, welcome to the forum. :wink: If you have a TPE doll, then baby oil has been my personal choice for makeup removal. I can't advise on silicone.
Thanks Seattle, I just put in an order for a tpe doll and now am super excited I can customize her appearance to my liking without worry.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Versatile wrote:Thanks Seattle, I just put in an order for a tpe doll and now am super excited I can customize her appearance to my liking without worry.
Good to hear. You might find this a long read, but well worth it: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364 If you start to lose patience, just skim through and read only the posts by Indigo20 and hansdampf21.

What type of doll did you order?

Rumia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumia »

@Seattle Slew, thank you for the quick response and information. I think I will try this method with paper towels. Sounds good. What about a damage? Could bleach melt down or etc. of TPE insides? In other words what can go wrong and what the consequences might be.
And, about the bleach. I have a bleach containing chlorine (our local brands) and oxygen based (like Vanish). I think oxygen will be better, how do you think?

p.s.
And what about chlorhexidine, could it help?

INFORMATIONS