exdollofficial.com

More durable ?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

anataus

More durable ?

Post by anataus »

Hi

I wonder whether silicone dolls with lose joints are more durable i.e. they need less repair than the ones with tight joints.
In case of a sexual use, I mean
During the playtime you should expect less inner stresses in the silicone thanks to their higher flexibility

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: More durable ?

Post by DarkOne »

anataus wrote:Hi

I wonder whether silicone dolls with lose joints are more durable i.e. they need less repair than the ones with tight joints.
In case of a sexual use, I mean
During the playtime you should expect less inner stresses in the silicone thanks to their higher flexibility
Maybe, maybe not.

Loose joints likely do less stress to the skeleton, but I would suspect you are more prone to having the doll bent at awkward angles if your not careful during sex.

Its the actual angle you put and leave the doll at that causes stress to silicone from is stretching and compression.

The only extra stress that stiff joints put on silicone is when you grab the doll to bend it, and as long as your using a firm grip at the correct location you really shouldn't be able to damage the silicone at all while moving the skeleton.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

anataus

Post by anataus »

well I mean assuming the same angle
If the joints are tight you must apply an higher force or torque
Most of such force /torque is absorbed by the skeleton but part of it also by the silicone
As usual the last word is to the experience
Does anybody have both flexible and rigid dolls ?
any significant difference as far as damage is concerned ?

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

anataus wrote:well I mean assuming the same angle
If the joints are tight you must apply an higher force or torque
Most of such force /torque is absorbed by the skeleton but part of it also by the silicone
As usual the last word is to the experience
Does anybody have both flexible and rigid dolls ?
any significant difference as far as damage is concerned ?
The only time/place torque/force is really applied to the silicone is where you grab it. Some torque will be applied to the torso where it touches the bed in reaction to the force you apply, but that should be minimal since the surface area is very high.

I believe most people who have reported movement/pose damage to there doll report it almost exclusively due to stretching/compression around where the joints pivot, not due to having grabbed the doll to move the joints. (Unless they say, Grab the hand to move the arm and damage a weak wrist joint, but that is still skeleton damage not so much silicone damage, although typically the force on the doll once a skeleton joint fails will cause silicone tearing)

Come to think of it, the other major cause of damage is impacting things, Now I would highly suspect a loose jointed doll WOULD fare better there, just because the limb could flex out of the way. However carrying a loose jointed doll might be harder then a stiff one and cause more impacts, so its hard to say for sure.

As for during sex, I can only think that loose jointed doll might fare a little better because its limbs would not drag on the bed as much, or put any force on the silicone when the doll moves a little with each stroke.

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

It would seem to me you could make the case that tight joints are LESS stressful because they hold their shape and only move when you want them to. So, from that point of view less wear and tear on the joints, and the rest of the doll as a result.

Loose joints are always moving, always grinding away. It's gotta build up eventually.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

lovingchanj wrote:Loose joints are always moving, always grinding away. It's gotta build up eventually.j
Conversely though, tighter joints will cause more friction, which may also cause wear.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

anataus

Post by anataus »

That's my opinion
Take a cylinder made of silicone with a fully adherent metallic rod in the center
Grab the cylinder and try to twist it
The more rigid the rod is the higher the torque
The higher the torque the higher the internal stresses in the silicone

Pronicator

Post by Pronicator »

I think that a doll with loose joints is theoretically be more durable as well. It takes quite a bit of force to move the joints on my new DS body and the silicone could certainly tear if you're holding something the wrong way or allow a limb to stay in the wrong position for too long.

The only exception to this would be that a loose joint doll would be harder to carry, dress, and wash, in which case you may be more likely to bump her into things or get water in the neck.

That said, I'm not sure anyone can say yet whether this bears out in real life. I think most of these obstacles can be easily overcome by developing the right habits. From my initial impressions, the stiff joints definitely take away from some of the realism at times. I really wish I had room for two of the same doll in both tight and loose joints, or if the joints could be easily adjusted.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Pronicator wrote:I really wish I had room for two of the same doll in both tight and loose joints, or if the joints could be easily adjusted.
What if I told you I just sent a joint design (And some improvement tips for their existing joints) to DS about how they could make joints adjustable with just one 3mm or so hole/slit to access the joint? Such a small slit might be invisible without even gluing it closed.

Send DS an e-mail about how important this feature is to you if you really want to see it in the future! sales@dsdoll.com

anataus

Post by anataus »

Pronicator wrote:I think that a doll with loose joints is theoretically be more durable as well. It takes quite a bit of force to move the joints on my new DS body and the silicone could certainly tear if you're holding something the wrong way or allow a limb to stay in the wrong position for too long.

The only exception to this would be that a loose joint doll would be harder to carry, dress, and wash, in which case you may be more likely to bump her into things or get water in the neck.

That said, I'm not sure anyone can say yet whether this bears out in real life. I think most of these obstacles can be easily overcome by developing the right habits. From my initial impressions, the stiff joints definitely take away from some of the realism at times. I really wish I had room for two of the same doll in both tight and loose joints, or if the joints could be easily adjusted.

anataus

Post by anataus »

Pronicator wrote: the stiff joints definitely take away from some of the realism at times. I really wish I had room for two of the same doll in both tight and loose joints, or if the joints could be easily adjusted.
That's an even more interesting topic
I my self think that having a rigid and heavy body in bed should be a rather unrealistic experience
A double purpose doll would be the ideal solution unfortunatly I guess it is not that easy to have access to the joints of a sophisticated skeleton made of several bones

INFORMATIONS