betterlovedoll.com

Humans

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Humans

Post by kharn »

Something you all might be interested in. A new TV drama called "Humans." Set in a parallel reality, this is about synthetic humans in our family life and work place.
The show is from Channel 4 in the UK, but I guess it might be available in other countries.

Here's a link to the website if you want to buy one :wink: Just kidding, this is just the TV show ad but good fun :D.

http://www.personasynthetics.com/
 Click to go to Coverdoll

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Humans

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Look like it will be playing in the US on AMC. :)
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

(I get a "video is not available".)

amc version
In looking it up. I found this older show. :)

Real Humans (2012 Swedish original title: "Äkta människor")

I don't know about anyone else, but the asian character really reminds me of an existing doll. (made by one who must not be named. :wink: )

Thx Kharn!

/g'day.[/size][/color]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Food for thought! :D

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I'll definitely be DVR'ing that. Can't wait.

HUMANS premieres June 28 at 9/8c on AMC.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Thank you for the heads up on this.
Robo-drama! Very cool!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

That looks like a nice show, sadly, no Channel 4 over here in the Netherlands, but maybe the show will be bought by one of our local channels.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks for the heads up Kharn. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I knew nothing about it. It should be well worth watching. according to the Express it commences next Sunday in the UK..... Humans will start on Channel 4 at 9pm on Sunday June 14th. :)

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi kharn, the makers of Real Humans sold the rights on the story to a UK company, this is the result- it looks just as great as the original.
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

I've popped it in my DVR for for Sunday, so lets see what Channel 4 has done with it. It should be good, as it has some good stars in it. Here's http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... -announced the storyline and the cast .
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the trailer was SUROGATES just without them needing to be connected to real humans,...
That and the self aware scenario added,...

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Dees Man
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: DownUnder with Sweet Dee & Nikki and also MaDee, Ally, Ashley, Fubi and Kelly

Post by Dees Man »

I stumbled onto this on IMDb when looking for series 3 of Äkta människor (Real Humans) the original Swedish series. No sign of S3 on IMDb but a link to "Humans" was something I found exciting. From what the trailer shows it will be pretty much the same story, but I will be able to watch the actors more, not having to read sub-titles. I normally don't watch shows with sub-titles but Real Humans was well worth the effort.

I only discovered the original early into S2 showing on TV DownUnder, but I was able to hunt down a copy of S1 on DVD. I took it home and 10 hours later had watched all 10 eps in one sitting.

I'm hoping the Swedes do continue with series 3 as S2 ended way too dramatically to stop where it did. I also hope Humans can deliver the story as well as Äkta människor did.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

AMC hasn't had a great deal of success in adapting TV series made in other countries.

The Prisoner, based loosely on the original with Patrick McGoohan, ran all 6 episodes over successive evenings and wasn't well-received. The Killing, which originally produced in Denmark, started off well but fizzled during its third season. It was cancelled and revived after the second one, as I recall, but the show was finally shipped off to a different channel. Low Winter Sun was, frankly, dreadful and died after its first run.

A perfect score for making clunkers.....
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

AMC also did "Breaking Bad," one of the most popular series of all time. People skipped work to watch it and called 911 when the cable went out. No kidding. I think they will do a fine job. Let's watch before we judge.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Begog wrote:AMC also did "Breaking Bad," one of the most popular series of all time. People skipped work to watch it and called 911 when the cable went out. No kidding. I think they will do a fine job. Let's watch before we judge.
I emphasized series that AMC adapted from foreign sources. Breaking Bad and the recently concluded Mad Men were original material and those were both quite successful. The Walking Dead, though highly rated, is, I understand, based on a graphic novel.

I believe the other shows that are running on that network are either original or based on actual events.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

INFORMATIONS