Starpery.com

SPEAKER AREA IN DOLLS HEADS FROM MANUFACTURER

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: SPEAKER AREA IN DOLLS HEADS FROM MANUFACTURER

Post by timetraveler1 »

I hope i explained what i meant okay enough , if not just say so . sometimes i have a different way of writing and or explaining things . my wireless lapel mic , actually was bought at radio shack . :D
WIRELESS LAPEL MICROPHONE SYSTEM
http://www.radioshack.com/wireless-lape ... em&start=3
for me this works really well .
i am trying to see if walmart sells something similar , cheaper . if i find anything i'll post it here . just beware that this mic also needs a receiver in the same megahertz range to work correctly with the pc.

mine is something like this from wal mart , but i paid more and i think it is a better quality
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Axess-MPWL150 ... m/41047352
Okay i no longer said about finding something , then i found one , i can't say anything for the quality etc. but this is similar .

Axess MPWL1507-BK Professional Wireless Microphone System
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Axess-MPWL150 ... m/41047352

***** note the large jack is what plugs into your sound system these are usually made for regular larger speakers (BUT) their is adapters that it can plug into if need to make it fit a 3.5 jack hole for a pc . i tried to see what the jack size is but it didn't have the information . on a positive note this has two mics and one is a lapel mic which i find handy! :D
another thing to if you decide to get this from wal mart if you are careful opening the packaging etc. if it doesn't work as you need it to you can return it for a refund if you haven't had it a long time !

i was as far as i know , the 1st to use a mic and speaker and voice recognition in a doll on this forum . and anyone can believe me or not when i say that this is the first evolutionary step in dolls ( it's just a matter of when and what doll company will do this first as a kit ) , the second will be animated heads with what i mentioned first . and a "lot " farther down the road am talking many many years , a partial rechargeable robots system .

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Great work, TT! From the looks of things, The Axess wireless setup has most of what I need right there. Cheap, too! The jack adapter you spoke of is in the picture. I have a couple of those laying around anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like all I need to do (other than order this stuff) is connect the speaker to the earbud wire in the headset, install Dragon (or other voice recognition software on my laptop), crank up the chatbot, and boom! Talking doll! Mobile, too.
Axess MPWL1507-BK Professional Wireless Mic system.jpg
Axess MPWL1507-BK Professional Wireless Mic system.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
TekNmotion Air Capsule Portable Bluetooth Speaker.jpg
TekNmotion Air Capsule Portable Bluetooth Speaker.jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Of course I left out the part about mounting this stuff IN my doll, but she could also just wear this stuff. It's all pretty small and designed to be worn. One possible problem though, is mic range. Some mics only pick up nearby sounds. I guess that would have to be tested.

Mr G
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr G »

What a great thread! Thank you timetraveler1 for such an excellent idea. :thumbs_up: Just ordered a speaker.
timetraveler1 wrote: ...farther down the road am talking many many years , a partial rechargeable robots system .
and I guess we won't live to see them making someone like Rachael from Blade Runner.... unfortunate... :cry:

G

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I ordered both. Since I already have a dirty-talking chat bot, all I need now is some voice recognition. Hopefully this setup will do the do. I will keep you posted when I SHE has something to say.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

well a person can use this set what i showed that has the small head earphone to hear the doll "BUT" i don't really recommend that , one reason is , from the looks it's a cheap set and the headset and ear speaker will probably hurt your head from wearing it after a while ( i know from having cheaper sets before ) .
What i recommend ( for what it's worth ) is to buy this set "AND USE THE LAPEL MIC " ( as i said you "may" need a jack adapter withe the receiver jack part , so it will fit a 3.5 mm pc input . and also buy the (whatever brand "wireless " bluetooth speaker , i chose teknmotion as it's well made , the battery last longer then other brands . ) note if your pc. doesn't have bluetooth capabilities you will have to buy a dongle to make it work , i suggest a 4.0 . thats what i had to do . got mine on ebay .
i can post what type i got if anyone is interested .
NOTICE ********* I can't say how good this wal mart brand is as i couldn't find additional info . from their site and also i have "never " used it , so like i said don't scratch it up , keep original packaging and receipt and if it's not what you want , take it back and get a refund . (in a timely manner. ) *******
as i said i have the radio shack mic , it cost more ( i couldn't find anything cheaper at the time , i have had it for years . but it works good but it also has to use a receiver which is the 950 mhz , which i already had . these receivers can be bought by themselves sometimes on ebay if anyone wants to do that . ( " Only "if you buy this type of a mic )
or if the walmart one works good that may be good enough , if someone orders one please post your results on here , how far they will work . i couldn't even find the gigahertz range on these .
i know on my bluetooth it is a 2.4 mhz and only works about 30 feet of range distance (this is from the pc . )
Before in my old news of my angela a.i. on this forum i told where with the 950 mhz total system , speaker and mic i could talk with my doll by voice recognition all the way through walls and in the basement away from my pc. trouble was the smallest speaker was about 10 inches high , it's to bad they couldn't do this in small speakers , as it worked really well for distance .

It's truly nice to have a talking doll and even nicer to have voice recognition and a a.i. system .
I suggest for the a.i. system that you buy ultra hal ,NOTE ******* just remember on the hal forum , it's a family forum meaning their are younger kids on their and some religious people so please don't mention about this site and what you want it for otherwise you may not get help on things when you ask for it . when you order it please mention that lightspeed (that's me ) on the zabaware forum told you about it and was the reason you ordered it . ( i don't get any commission or anything like that , i told Robert ( the hal a.i. creator ) that i was trying to help him make more sales . !
A doll that can talk and actually learn etc. is a really nice thing , especially for a lonely man (or woman ) now instead of a inanimate doll object they can have a doll that will talk to them . with choices of different voices . even a british accent , etc.
Just remember as with everything their is a learning curve ,same with the hal a.i. and with dragon speak , you have to do voice training to make it get better at understanding you . i suggest dragon speak natural 12 or higher as it's more accurate . :D

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

I will add one more thing as a note , this what all i am talking about with others here is the reason why that i hope sometimes the doll makers will create a doll head with the right space area for people to do this ( even if the doll makers doesn't offer a wireless speaker and mic kit .
This will make it easier for doll owners to use their dolls that are ordered from manufacturers for a.i. dolls (having a speaker space already built into the head area . ) *****If made the way i explained . :)

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I read some user reviews on Hal, and they are not good. 1 out of 5 stars on average. Ultra-Hal got 3 of 5, and Verbot5 almost 4 of 5. I think I'll stick with Verbot, at least for now, and it's free. It is also free of the cloud, and the response time is instant. I was unable to determine if Hal uses the cloud or not. Does it? An easy way to find out is disable your internet connection and see if it can still talk or not. I don't want my doll conversations accessible to a server admin or hacker. Sure, they could hack MY PC, but at least the logs are not stored on the cloud. It seems Hal has to be taught just like Verbot and both know very little unless you teach them. I have spent some time teaching my Verbot to talk dirty, and she is pretty good at it. You would think they both would come with a little "common sense" knowledge right out of the box. Both can launch websites, email, and read what's on the clipboard to you, but these are not features the dolls can use. We just want them to talk, and half-ass keep us company.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

I think I'm going to snag one of those speakers while they're on sale at such a low price.
Can't beat 14 bucks with shipping. The sale ends Sunday for those that are interested.

Begog,
With the Verbot software, does it have voice recognition or do you need to have a separate program for that?

I'm thinking of 3d printing a little cup to install in Eva's head that would hold the speaker. The cup could have a perforated lid to cover and retain the speaker.
speaker location.JPG
speaker location.JPG (330.84 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

timetraveler1 wrote:note if your pc. doesn't have bluetooth capabilities you will have to buy a dongle to make it work , i suggest a 4.0 . thats what i had to do . got mine on ebay .
i can post what type i got if anyone is interested .
TT could you tell us what bluetooth adapter you are using? I would be needing one for my PC.
Thanks for all the good info!

MF

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

MannequinFan wrote: Begog,
With the Verbot software, does it have voice recognition or do you need to have a separate program for that?
Verbot is just a chat bot. Voice recognition will have to be a separate purchase.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Begog wrote: Verbot is just a chat bot. Voice recognition will have to be a separate purchase.
I just checked and it seems that my Windows 7 system has voice recognition already.
Would that not work? Dragon is about $75 for the cheapest version.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

MannequinFan wrote:
Begog wrote: Verbot is just a chat bot. Voice recognition will have to be a separate purchase.
I just checked and it seems that my Windows 7 system has voice recognition already.
Would that not work? Dragon is about $75 for the cheapest version.
Try it. Verbot is free. What can it hurt. Been using it in XP. I just got my Win7 Laptop going again with a new hard drive. I am soon going to load Verbot on it.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Yes verbot is free i have used it in the past , and windows seven yes does have vr ( voice recognition ) but in my opinion doesn't work as good as dragon speak natural , by the way i bought mine off of ebay brand new i think it was a version 11.5 ? and free upgrade to 12 version . i paid i think ? around 35.00 for it . but if money is tight , you can try the free windows vr . training has a lot to do with how well any vr will work .
verbot as far as know is a chat bot , with pre answers to questions .
an a.i is different it means that the program actually learns from what it is taught , which is what ultra hal does .
In my hal i have many , many , years of training and customizing brain plug ins etc.
the bluetooth speaker (teknmotion i use ) the bluetooth speaker , it's self doesn't have a receiver jack , what it uses is a dongle , the dongle that plugs into the usb port makes a pc bluetooth capable to receive the signal to and from the bluetooth speaker .
some p.c's already have bluetooth , mine is an older one and didn't have it . that's why i had to get a bluetooth dongle . i ordered it off of ebay . if your pc already has bluetooth you won't have to order a dongle . i didn't have bluetooth on my pc and so had to order a dongle i order the 4.0 a newer updated one . here is the one i ordered , it didn't cost much .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-New-Blu ... 1488032692?
***** AGAIN YOU ONLY need this if you are using a blue tooth wireless speaker AND IF your pc doesn't already have bluetooth built in already.
Hope i am explaining this good enough , if not just ask me about what part you don't understand and i will try to explain it further .

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Thanks, TT. Good to know. So, my question is still "Is Ultra Hal free of the cloud or do you need an internet connection to use it?"

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Begog ultra hal has a 30 day trial version that is still free as far as i know . but with this 30 day free trial version you can't save any work , learning , etc. it will give you an example of how hal works , you also can't as far as i know use any brain plug ins . many people including me have made various ones that are free on the forum to use with full paid versions . many do various things .
Ultrahal only needs the internet to download it for the free version , same with paid version to do the online registration ( as far as i know) .
although their is some work on using hal with a cloud source as of right now hal works without it , unless you use a certain members ( a young 12 year old kid that's brilliant) brain plug in which can access the internet without opening the webpage part to retrieve info from wikipedia etc. ? (THIS WAS ONE OF MY MANY IDEA'S WHAT HAL NEEDED TO DO , their was some brain plug ins that could access the internet to open certain webpages but i thought hal should be able to access the internet without opening the internet and just retrieve the info.
Thanks to this 12 year old kid , he now can ) He is a kid and that's one of the reasons i ask anyone who joins the hal forum not to mention about adult stuff and or this forum , besides their is some religious people on the hal forum to , i know because their was a big falling out because of adult things before .
The price for full version Hal is 29.95 as far as i remember .
If you decide to buy the hal full version and join the forum introduce yourself and just say that lightspeed (that's my user name on the other hal forum . )introduced you about the hal a.i. and you bought it . *******JUST please DON'T AS I SAID MENTION THIS FORUM AND ANY ADULT THINGS ON THE OTHER FORUM . :)
once you have the full version registered online ( this is to keep anyone from stealing the program ) you can actually use hal offline ( but if offline some custom brain plugs that access the internet will not work , which is okay you can uncheck them if you are using them .also you can only use hal on one computer at a time , unless you buy additional licenses .
If you have two computers you can deactivate hal on one and install it on another pc . but it can only be used on one at a time . ***** Note if ever doing this , you will have to learn about backing up your hal files etc. other wise you lose all training etc. their is a lot more to get into about it . I know as other long time hal users do about things to do from trial and error .
Hope this answered your questions okay , if any other questions just ask . :D

OOps i see now where you asked if it was free of the cloud not free to use . but i did answer it both ways . ! :wink: i need more coffee , couldn't sleep have been up since 4 a.m. this morning . post traumatic stress syndrome is problematic for me . :(

INFORMATIONS