Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

So I bought a doll...

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mr G
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: So I bought a doll...

Post by Mr G »

Thank you all for the support and compassion. Phoebe and I are touched.

With a heavy heart, I almost convinced her, that it will be gone in no time (btw her back and booties are stained as well). So far I have tried everything I had available: 96% isopropyl, professional strength acetone (as karpos suggested) and I always keep that handy as a last resort for cleaning. That all did little to nothing. Look like a silicone grade used to build them is super absorbent.

As mentioned and I also read in other threads, that stains should go away in time. Just can't image how, if such strong solvent as acetone does not work. Unless the silicone molecular structure has some smart internal mechanism for pushing "foreign body" out to the surface in time. I hope anyway, cause I love her and it's a pain to see all that. I would continue to wash and powder her regularly and hope for the best.

Thanks again, hugs and kisses to everyone from Phoebe, she loves you all!!

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

If this is a silicone doll, try xylene as a solvent to remove the stain.
I have yet to find a stain on silicone that xylene won't remove, and it does NO harm to the silicone.
T'Bolt

Mr G
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr G »

Thndrrbolt wrote:If this is a silicone doll, try xylene as a solvent to remove the stain.
I have yet to find a stain on silicone that xylene won't remove, and it does NO harm to the silicone.
T'Bolt

Oh, a benzene type, I did not think about that. Thanks a lot Thndrrbolt :thumbs_up: , I'll try local hardware store.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Okay so this is a suggestion from a professional.
lay her in the sun. Put her on the floor in front of a window or door that gets full sun. In a week or so it will disappear. Magic.
-K
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Mr G, please check with Phoenix what works best. I had stained Brigitte with a pair of denim shorts once. The stains disappeared over time without any problems.
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

I wouldn't touch anything I don't want melted with xylene. That stuff is one of the most powerful solvents I know of, melts *most* plastics with ease.

PLEASE if you must use such powerful solvents, test the hell out of them on the back of her head under the wig!

I know silicone is very resistant against solvents but xylene is just so powerful.

I also wouldn't expose the doll to UV (sunlight), yes it might get rid of the stain but UV is generally a very bad thing for any plastics.

I say close your eyes and just trace every last inch of her body with your hands and face every morning and night, picture her how you want her to be and before you know it that stain will have disappeared on its own.

Don't risk any more damage fixing something that will go away on its own.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Mr G wrote:Oh goodness! I messed up Phoebe pretty badly.
Don't worry so much about it. Like everyone else has already told you, the stain will fade. With platinum cured silicone, it will take about a month.

BTW, she still looks gorgeous, I think. ;)
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

DarkOne wrote:Don't risk any more damage fixing something that will go away on its own.
That's a fact. Kwench had some stains on her once. They went away in about a week. Two weeks later I couldn't find them anymore. If you scrub off her finish, it will last forever. Just be patient.

Begog

Azure
Doll
Doll

Post by Azure »

PHOEBE :crying: you poor girl, I just want to give you a big o'l hug. Now that I think of it I alway want to give you a hug, boy do you have beautiful breasts.

Don't be too hard on your Caveman, really what did you expect he is a man after all. At least your caveman can take really great pictures of your hot little body. I bet that he has some great shots of the dress (which must not be named) which I'm positive you ROCKED!

I think the best thing would be to just cuddle up with him till the stain fades, just don't let him get to frisky. He might think that this away to get you to cuddle with him (cavemen aren't very bright).

Lots of Hugs-n-Kisses
Azure

Vanima
Doll
Doll

Post by Vanima »

Azure wrote:PHOEBE :crying: you poor girl, I just want to give you a big o'l hug. Now that I think of it I alway want to give you a hug, boy do you have beautiful breasts.

Don't be too hard on your Caveman, really what did you expect he is a man after all. At least your caveman can take really great pictures of your hot little body. I bet that he has some great shots of the dress (which must not be named) which I'm positive you ROCKED!

I think the best thing would be to just cuddle up with him till the stain fades, just don't let him get to frisky. He might think that this away to get you to cuddle with him (cavemen aren't very bright).

Lots of Hugs-n-Kisses
Azure
Personally I like the nude sunbathing idea, but that's just me... :twisted:

Lots more BIG HUGE HUGS,
-V

P.S. true Azure sweetie I always want to hug Phoebe too, and you as well :wink:
Vanima (Vani) En'wen Me'a
Elven High Mage

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.)

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

My Photo album My photo thread My main thread
-karpos's wife and little angel

Mr G
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr G »

I got swamped with work, but wow, thank you all. I'll try to carefully consider all the options, but oh boy, I am just so impatient to get this stuff off of her. On the other hand I value her too much to make more damage to her fragile body (I hear you DarkOne, Begog, deadpringle and BH).

Azure, Vanima, you don't know how much I(Phoebe) want(s) to hug and... *cough* you guys but I have to go cuddle up with Phoebe now :oops:

G

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

Mr G wrote:I got swamped with work, but wow, thank you all. I'll try to carefully consider all the options, but oh boy, I am just so impatient to get this stuff off of her. On the other hand I value her too much to make more damage to her fragile body (I hear you DarkOne, Begog, deadpringle and BH).

Azure, Vanima, you don't know how much I(Phoebe) want(s) to hug and... *cough* you guys but I have to go cuddle up with Phoebe now :oops:

G
Probably doing a bit more than cuddling will give her self esteem a boost back up to where it should be. :whistle:
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

Mr G
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr G »

karpos wrote:
Probably doing a bit more than cuddling will give her self esteem a boost back up to where it should be. :whistle:
I am sure it did. Just had to enclose "cuddle up" in quotes in the first place. :wink:

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Mr G, don´t worry, Phoebe will be fine and she´ll love to get cuddled every day by her loving man who doesn´t mind a stain.
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Oh Mr G
I just saw the pic.
My heart sank.
When Ryleigh first arrived (right out of the box)
she had stains on both breasts, across her stomach and on both legs.
They all have basically faded away.
Your stains will fade too.
Hang in there

INFORMATIONS