www.beautiful-dolls.com

New owner

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
ibman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

New owner

Post by ibman »

Hi everyone

I've been lurking around TDF for some time, and since I have just become a doll owner it's time to introduce myself. A few months ago I came across a tgtbt doll on a chinese website (ali-something). Out of curiosity I decided to find out how much a doll like the one in the picture would cost me, so eventually I ended up on TDF. This led to that, and on the 1st of July Macy arrived at my house. This is my first doll of any kind.

My first impression was like in most of the reviews in here, it's even better then expected, the look and feel of the doll is fantastic. I was very happy with her, but after a few days her left hip joint started to loosen in the "back and forth" direction. It quickly got to a point where her leg is just dangling. This makes it pretty much impossible to pose the doll. I've read everything about handling and maintenance of these dolls while waiting for her to arrive, I have treated her with care and she has suffered no abuse. Needless to say this is extremely frustrating :cry:

I have been in contact with Joy who in turn has been in contact with the manufacturer. Now I'm waiting for a reply, while the doll (Haven't come up with a name yet..) is in storage.

Any thoughts on what kind of outcome I can expect from this?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: New owner

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi ibman, welcome to TDF :D

I'm sorry to hear about your doll's injury. Sure, that's frustrating :(
You did right by contacting the vendor. I do hope they'll come with a solution.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

The loosening up of the joints and loss of posing is inevitable with these kinds of dolls, but it should not be occurring just days after you have received the doll.

After 4 months, the left shoulder joint in my doll has loosened up to the point where the doll can't hold her arm up on her own. Also, the left hip joint has slipped a bit making the left leg point out at a slight angle which looks a bit odd but does not affect the function of the doll. Ironically, this loosening has actually helped improve the sex functionality of the doll; however, picture posing functionality has decreased.

I would expect the damage you mentioned over time but not on a new doll.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Elfie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Elfie »

Because doll joints are still not so durable, it's better to order a doll with closing eyes function. This way, when all joints are completely broken, she will be just like a realistic unconscious lady.
"HaPpy or S~a~D depends on your mind, nothing else can force you to be", so find a way to think positively and stay HaPpy
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13791

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Elfie wrote:This way, when all joints are completely broken, she will be just like a realistic unconscious lady.

Welcome to the forum ibman, and best luck with a solid resolution. I'm sorry to hear this. I am soon purchasing a doll myself, so I am watching your situation. I'm surely not the only one who is anxious to hear what happens.

Slew

ibman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ibman »

Elfie wrote:Because doll joints are still not so durable, it's better to order a doll with closing eyes function. This way, when all joints are completely broken, she will be just like a realistic unconscious lady.
With an imagination like that it opens up all kinds of possibilities. I guess I could buy her a crutch, get a male nurse outfit for myself and play nurse in reverse.

TamaNeko
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TamaNeko »

Wouldn't it be possible to cut the skeleton out with minimal damage to the silicone and then repair it? I'm thinking of ordering a doll too

ibman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ibman »

TamaNeko wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to cut the skeleton out with minimal damage to the silicone and then repair it? I'm thinking of ordering a doll too
I know that is possible on the joints thats only covered by a thin layer of tpe, like the wrist and elbow. You can feel the joint through the skin and cut exactly at the right point. That way you can keep the damage to a minimum. The hip joint is deeper inside the doll witch makes it harder to find. And even if you're spot on you'll probably end up with quite a wide cut and large surfaces to glue together afterwards. The sheer weight of the tpe is gonna put a lot of stress on that seam, not to mention the stress the hip area is already put under on a regular basis :whistle:

I am by no means an expert on doll anatomy. These are just my thougts as a mechanical engineer.

dragonfly8878
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dragonfly8878 »

Hey ibman. Sorry to hear about your doll's joint problem. I know people have done some remarkable surgeries on silicone dolls, but I've heard that TPE is harder to rejoin. Hopefully the manufacturer will have a solution.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

That's too bad I hope they help out. Or send some help or whatever
by cracky my 600th post yippee!!!!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS