Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

head/neck question

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

dj2012
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

head/neck question

Post by dj2012 »

I picked up a used BoyToy body 1 and need help getting to the neck joint, it's a little loose. I have searched and can't find any good directions on how to get to the joint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: head/neck question

Post by Dollarhyde »

Photos of the area you are talking about would help forum members with this... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Depends on what joint it is, if it's in the upper neck, you may be able to push down the silicone to reach the joint, if it's the joint at the collar bone, it may require making a cut, but I'm not sure.

Maybe it can be reached through the neck opening as well, if you want to know for sure, send an email to Joe.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

Hi dj2012

I've just posted a thread that covers this subject >>here<<

It's quite straightforward and takes less than half an hour once you've got everything prepared. :)

Well worth doing. :thumbs_up:

CT

dj2012
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dj2012 »

Thanks Cyber Ted, I found your post while searching but could never see the pictures. My head is not like yours, it has a foam skull that looks like it is glued on. I can see the bolts holding the head to the neck but don't know if there are regular nuts or cast in nuts in the head. Mine does have pop rivets, I think I can do your mod without removing the head.

On a side note, I am glad I found a used boytoy to try before paying full price but now as much fun as I'm having with one, I will have to save up to get a body type 3. I think two will just be that much more fun, this is going to turn out to be like a bad drug habit.

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

My BT2 has a foam skullcap, but that too has the three screws holding it in place.

I'm sure you could do the mod without removing the head. It will just be a little more awkward when drilling out the rivets.

Good luck.

CT

dj2012
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by dj2012 »

I played with the skull cap and pulled it off, it looks like silicone was used to hold it in place. I thought I read that you had to use a certain type of silicone to repair the dolls but sense this is foam and whatever the bottom is made out of regular silicone should be okay or what would y'all suggest to use.

Cyber Ted

Post by Cyber Ted »

Sil-poxy is the recommended glue for the doll's silicone skin but it is not cheap.

As that area is not in view nor critical I think you would be able to use any good quality silicone sealant to hold the cap in place.

Just watch out for anything that has a solvent or degreaser that might melt the styrene foam.

I've not had to do this so this is just my opinion. ;)

CT

INFORMATIONS