Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Hello doll forum

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Hiruko

Hello doll forum

Post by Hiruko »

Hello everyone
I am a newbie to doll forum and I am getting my first doll soon.I read some post about the tearing and finger pokes problem, are those problem avoidable? If so how do I take care of my doll? Also is the powdering really necessary after shower?Thanks and hope you all have a good day.
Hiruko

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hello doll forum

Post by Hostage »

Hi Hiruko! Welcome to the forum!

Which type of doll are you getting? I'm waiting on a body type 3 (bt3) star.
"Slide and let the silicone embrace you as you fall.." ~ Phish, Sand

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14636

Hiruko

Post by Hiruko »

I am getting a Melody C series boytoy and hopefully it will be arrived at the end of this month. I am just a little bit worried about how to take care of this kind of thing since it is the first time I bought a lovedoll.

miss_marceline
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by miss_marceline »

Welcome Hiruko, you picked a gorgeous doll.

I ordered my first doll a little over two weeks ago, and I am attempting to learn a lot as well. There is a lot of great information in this forum, and the realdoll/realldoll2 forums on this site.

My "newbie" understanding of your questions are that finger pokes are avoidable, but accidents may happen. A more experience member her wrote in another thread that if you are aware of where your doll's hand are when you start moving her, and where you want them to end up when you're finished moving her, you can avoid a lot of accidental bumps that may cause a poke. If I can find the post, I will add the link to my post... I "believe" the purpose of powdering is to make the skin look more lifelike. Without it, the skin can be quite shiny, but some dolls also have a change to the texture to help minimize the need for this...

Disclaimer: I'm still learning, and hopefully a more experienced member will correct my mistakes... but like you, I'm anxiously devouring information to prepare for my doll's arrival so I thought I would help the little I can. Isn't this wait horrible?

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello Hiruko and welcome to the forum... :D

One thing to remember these dolls are considered works of art... yes, we know you are going to move them around but there are some precautions you need to consider... the dolls weight... remember these dolls do have some weight behind them. So you need to prepare for this by having an office chair with wheels near by to roller her from room to room. Finger pokes generally happen when they get caught moving them around on the sheet. Just remember the silicone is the thinnest at the fingers. Tears and finger pokes do happen as long as you are able to repair it before it gets worse then you will have long life with your doll.

Powdering using a cornstarch base is always best to allow the dolls skin to be less sticky... I believe the newer dolls are using a texture coat nowadays so powdering may not be as necessary as the older model dolls.

Good luck with your order... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

miss_marceline wrote:... like you, I'm anxiously devouring information to prepare for my doll's arrival so I thought I would help the little I can. Isn't this wait horrible?
It is horrible! Climbing the walls waiting!! Argh.. Shoulda expedited when I ordered!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Hiruko wrote: Also is the powdering really necessary after shower?
Welcome to TDF

The silicone will be sticky if you don't powder her.

Lint, hair. etc will get stuck to her. If you don't mind a sticky girl with pet hair, fuzz, lint, human hair, etc. stuck all over her, 5 minutes after you give her a bath, then there is no need to powder.

However, as soon as you sprinkle that baby powder on her and rub it in, all over, all that hair and random debris will fall right off.

Furthermore her skin will take on a more natural, less shiny appearance, and feel wonderfully soft and smooth and much more lifelike than the sticky non-powdered silicone feels..
My Doll Album is here!

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

I have a (bt3)star, and although these new dolls are a large improvement over those made only a few years ago, an occasional powdering is still helpful to avoid tackiness and keep her smelling sweet and feeling more lifelike. Beside being careful of hand placement to avoid finger pokes when moving your doll, I always lay my doll on a large beach type towel when she is on my bed. This makes sliding and moving her around a lot easier. You pull the towel instead of the doll, this way she moves with the towel, and you avoid the silicone body sticking to the sheets, and the chance of her hands and fingers getting caught and twisted in the sheets.

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

lisabt3 wrote:I have a (bt3)star, and although these new dolls are a large improvement over those made only a few years ago, an occasional powdering is still helpful to avoid tackiness and keep her smelling sweet and feeling more lifelike. Beside being careful of hand placement to avoid finger pokes when moving your doll, I always lay my doll on a large beach type towel when she is on my bed. This makes sliding and moving her around a lot easier. You pull the towel instead of the doll, this way she moves with the towel, and you avoid the silicone body sticking to the sheets, and the chance of her hands and fingers getting caught and twisted in the sheets.

Thanks for the helpful advice lisabt3!
Please post a few photos of your bt3... I Need something to look forward to !
:)

lisabt3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lisabt3 »

Sorry BurntHostage but I am not a photographer, and would find it a real chore to try to post photos. My (bt3)star is an exact duplicate of the photos of the bt3 configuration one, with the green eyes and long blonde hair. She looks exactly like the photos on the BT website.

Hostage
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hostage »

Aw, come on pweeease??

Something new! Just want to see her in other poses

:)

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Welcome to TDF Hiruko! I'm certain you'll get the info you're looking for here.
I have a fabric doll companion, but there are other members who can (and already have) help you out.
Keep asking questions; you get more and more knowledgeable.

White_Horse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by White_Horse »

Hello Hiruko and welcome to the forum...

I have a Boytoy Body B who came to live with me just a couple of months ago. After bathing she feels very sticky and definately needs to be powdered. Name brand baby powder made with cornstarch is recommended. Baby powder not made with cornstarch can potentially damage your doll over time.

W_H

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

White_Horse wrote:Hello Hiruko and welcome to the forum...

Name brand baby powder made with cornstarch is recommended. Baby powder not made with cornstarch can potentially damage your doll over time.

W_H
That is not true.

The reason cornstarch is preferred is because it is edible.

Safer for YOU.
My Doll Album is here!

White_Horse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by White_Horse »

Hi ks,

There is extensive discussion about cornstarch vs baby powder on this thread

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... cornstarch

Hiruko can read it and decide for himself.

Take care

W_H

INFORMATIONS