SexDollAmerica.com

* Resigning *

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

* Resigning *

Post by Ishtaria »

Dear Forum Members.

Given some circumstances which have recently occurred, I am stepping down as administrator of the Doll Forum.

For what it is worth, I have not egotistical ties to this service, and my intentions (no matter if they have been apparent or not) have always been based on what I thought would be best for this service.

The issues which have presented themselves recently have placed a much greater amount of stress on me than I had let on. And to be honest, I don't like to be forced into the position of playing the "tough guy" simply because a few do not have enough sense to see what is going on and act accordingly.

I will continue to host TDF and insure that it runs smoothly from the hosting provider side of things. But I do not wish to be involved any further, given the public and private jabs that I have, simply because I was trying to sustain a semblance of order.

Thank you one and all, and I am sorry for this short notice.

Kind Regards,
Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Ish...I can't say that I blame you. I was a moderator on a board (totally unrealated to the forum topic here,) and I can say that it was a "pain."

I would however request (as many others will,) that you don't disapear :cry:

Keep in touch with us !

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Now you see why I stepped down... you work your ass off and a great portion of the members thinks you have a stick up your ass.

Of course we never see them putting in the hours to run the show either...

Personally... I think you did a great job.
Jerry

silicomorphos
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by silicomorphos »

I could not click in the area that Ish put "recently occured",to see if my post was one of the reasons that puss her to resign.It happened before(about a year ago),I do not realy remember for what issue,that things had push Ish to resign.I will say what I had wrote then,because my possition is solid to this matter.I think that Tina has done a great job in this forum.I also beleive that it will be very hard to find someone as her to run the DF so smoothly and nicely.I had said then,that maybe sometimes she becomes emotional with some matters and she takes personall whatever ,some member may posts.All ,we become emotional sometimes and that is not a fault.In my opinion the mistake came from Harry(in this case),that he stoped comunicating and posting with customers and members.It was a wrong behaivor(in my opinion) that pushed these issues.And here is ,where i find Ish's mistake.I was reading posts and posts from despert customes that they were trying to find out what was happening with their order,for months now!All the members after a period of time will get involved with this matter if they are reading it for months.Ish has a way to Kind of speak in the name of the manifucture,and this is wrong.The manifuctures are mature people that if they wish they can speack for themselves.I saw that to happen with my issue with SB(a year ago)and now with Harry.Harry is a great guy and artist,but man,his lacking of informations,"screw" his name.With other words he is responsible for the negative posts ,since he chosed the comunication.He admited yesterday ,that it was a mistake and i respect him for that.But Ish should not get involved personaly to the matter.And when I am saying personally,I notice two ways of critique members.As an Administrator,you have to bring peace but with fairness.Think if you were in the buyer's possition and for so long you did not know if you would receive your doll,and the manifucture had hang-up the telephone.Are you were going to be upset?And if me as a member see that Harrys behaivor is not the right one,can i write it down?Also i beleive (personal opinion) that all this last week pressure of some members (for law-actions) kind press Harry to come out and explain himself.So in a way that was good.I do not know if that would had happened under different post attitude.
I am trying to saw to Ish and to everyone that she has the way of controling posts and matters,but she is not getting pay to protect the manifuctures.Let them protect themselves.You are here to secure a smooth way of running a Forum,and to be sure that everyone is under the rules of TDF.really you should care more for unsatisfied members and be more close to their issues.You told me in my last post to back out because it is not my war.But even in my war you told me to back out then to.If a manifucture,member,moderator come to a fault,I beleive he has to be criticized no matter what.the public opinion will show if he did mistakes in the way that he handle things or not.Do not worry if it will burn him,because if it will,that means that he was deserved it.Simple democracy.If I will tell you right now F* you,then I am obligated to the members to be criticized for this behaivor.And if most of them they will say burn his ass Ish,then i will have to accept it.
I do not know who sent you the e-mail that you are talking about,I do not agree in all of it,but they are some sensitive issues that hurting me there.Rememeber also my post,"how honest you are"and the conversation that we had in the private room.

Closing this huge post,I would like Ish to not resign,but to evaluate for one more time the behaivor to this matters,and maybe she will find some grey spots.Everything is a learning prosses and I can accept mistakes and give a second ,third,fourth chance.

Sorry for the big post
S.D
Former owner of Nicolina / Tracy

kosh

Re: * Resigning *

Post by kosh »

for what it's worth, i think you have done a fine job so don't let the whiners get to you. 8O
kosh

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Ish,

You have done an outstanding job in running this place. Despite the recent problems it is one of the most organized and flame-free Forums I've ever seen. The amount of work involved is mind-boggling.

Anyway, take care, and I hope you reconsider. Perhaps you just need a break, I'm sure you know how beneficial they can be. Stress is a killer.

Peace,
PBS

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

PBS raises a valid point ... the reason that we (Tina, and the moderators/site managers) were trying to stop the inflammatory posts, was that we were simply trying to keep the panic level to a minimum and KEEP this forum as flame-free as possible!

The PROBLEM CHILDREN are the people who were posting incendiary statements in the forum WHO ARE NOT S18 CUSTOMERS!

Perhaps they were S18 customer wannabes, but they had no right to make inflammatory remarks!

However, please keep in mind that the people we are trying to protect, are the forum members AND the manufacturers, but first and foremost, the forum members!

If I start making accusatory statements about anyone, without gathering all the facts or getting information, I am inciting others to "riot" and take unnecessary actions (i.e., threatening lawsuits, cancelling orders). That is not healthy for ANYONE!

Particularly, it is bad for people who are not even customers of the allegedly disreputable manufacturer, to be making such incendiary remarks. They are "shooting from the hip" and making assumptions without having any vested interest at stake.

So yes, I as a moderator, and I would hope ANYONE that is a moderator, should shut down those incendiary comments for the sake (and sanity) of those who truly do have a vested interest. I hope this makes sense!

We want everyone to have a voice, and to be able to have free speech, but there has to be some kind of cutoff, or "line" one should not cross. Making derogatory statements against someone does not help to resolve the problem, it just creates more problems, and speaking out against someone with whom you have had no dealings, is trying to mind someone else's business. It isn't wise!

For example, if you are a manufacturer, and one (or several) of your customers had a problem with you, and I, as a non-customer who has had no dealings with you, starts making bad remarks about you, and how you conduct business, you would say I was wrong, wouldn't you? Would me, inciting those customers to head some form of action, without knowing all the facts, cause more harm than good? Look at it from the broader spectrum, the "big picture," instead of from a single point of view. Ok?

We were trying to get answers, but the HITS just kept on comin'! Now that Harry has resumed posting, everyone seems to have calmed down some.

But some nimrod decided to take it out on our Forum Administrator, and essentially place that "last straw" in the camel's pack, and cause the resignation of our thankless Administrator. I hesitate to use the word "leader," since as moderators, we are all leaders, and we generally discuss and vote on actions prior to their taking place. Some of us make the difficult and necessary choice to take immediate action, and that is the authority we have, to stop or prevent flaming from occurring to begin with. It's not a power trip, it's "flame retardation."

Any questions? Bring 'em on!

8) 'cardo
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Cyberdyne-inc

Post by Cyberdyne-inc »

Ish....Please Do Not Step Down,

I Know Things Can Get Out Of Hand Sometimes....
But Please Hang in There.

You've Done An Outstanding Job Here At TDF

I Know Matt, And Mark And Me Will Miss You, If You Leave,.... :cry:
It's Not Gonna Be The Same, Not Having You As An Administrator

I Know Things Have Been Hectic With This S18 Doll Problem,

Sincerely Cyberdyne-inc
:roll:
In The Near Future - Corporate Networks Reach Out To The Stars, Electrons And Light Flow Throughout The Universe The Advance Of Computerisation,However,Has Not Yet Wiped out Nations And Ethnic Groups,

pat

Ish

Post by pat »

Hi Ish

I try not to get involved with the goings on of the administration; but in this case I have to say something.
Ish you have done a great job. Most WOULD not put in the time and effort to do the job, and would be affraid to make a decision as to how thing need to be dealt with.
You have conducted your self in a succinct and professional manner at all times. YOU have nothing to be sorry for. I wish you would re-consider as this type of forum needs people like you to continue to function.
If you do go please stay with us, I personally enjoy reading what you have to say, and I think all the decisions you have made, even the sw18 thing were the right decisions.

ITs always the messenger that gets it in the end !!

RESPECTFULLY
Pat

steveb

Post by steveb »

Ish

Thanks for all your hard work, hope we don't lose you. Wish you well.

PBS/Ricardo I agree with what you have said, many fellow TDF members have money at stake here and I feel it was unfair to air comments as a non buyer if it would damage their situation.

Jerry we miss you too.

:(

Samantha and Steve
If a man speaks aloud from the wilderness, but no woman hears him - is he still wrong ?

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi!

I don't get the big picture, but I saw the discussion about Harry' fabouous doll. Unfortunately there is so much to read in this forum, that I don't have the time to read everything.

It makes me sad, to have read Ish's statement.
Maybe, as a suggestion to the administrators, be more consequent in banning people who react harsh or without respect. The ban can be temporarely at first, as a warning. But I believe that people THINK before they write if they will be confronted with the consequenzes.
I know, it its sometimes very difficult to "enforce the law". But sometimes it seams to be necessary.

Harry is no Microsoft. He has no big buiseness yet! If he would have had an accident and would have lied in the hospital, you would have be forced to wait until he would recover. Even I have known that, who only reads occasionally.

Best wishes,
Wonko
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

HarrySkin2
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by HarrySkin2 »

Hey Ish,
I'm sorry that this all went down like this, especially since everyone has completely calmed down on my S18 issue and everything's cool, and if the firestorm is what made you decide to resign, I am truly sorry.
I would hate to think that you will permanently resign. You have been a great voice of reason here and a friend to us all.
I'm sorry for causing trouble by not checking in, causing a panic and then a mob and fire storm.
I can see that being attacked can make you want out...just hearing "I'm going to kill you" made me really think about what I need to do after I finish out these orders. Still freaks me out even if it was only a gag.
I hope you will reconsider, like awhile ago when you were defending and maintaining someone else's firestorm and left, but if not, I thank you for everything.

Harry

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Ish, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty administrating this forum. Taking on such a chore can be a hard, thankless task. Some important things may have been not handled as well without you watching the store. I am sure you can see by the posts, that we do appreciate all you've done. Like others, I hope you take a break, then come back. If you have decided that you've had enough, however, I don't there is anyone who will blame you.
Tina, thank you for doing a great job here.

Harry, is you run into trouble again, LET PEOPLE KNOW!! It will be a whole lot easier if you keep poeple informed of what's happening.

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Well all I can say is this sucks!

I can certainly understand the frustration that Ish feels. Somehow it's always Ish's fault that the forums slow, That it's slanted twards the mfg's, That no one is free to speak thier mind, Ect.

Yet, I seem to remember the same problems facing Jerry and the same attemps to keep the peace...

I could venture a guess as far as the "calm" is concerned: Maybe Matt's improvements have worked! :idea: (please don't label Me as a brown nose) Just a thought... :roll: Seemed like every other post was about this or that breaking. Also just about every question an owner has about ownership has been documented here, Maybe some people are actually reading instead of asking the same questions. Membership levels keep going up. Doesn't seem like a big slump there.

Also seem to be less dolls being ordered at this time, But with a possible economic slump that's been looming it's understandable.

As far as "off topic subjects" there were people that wanted them banned completely. Both Ish and Bill decided against it.

Funny how two mfg's stopped posing here during the "mfg. ass-kissing" era. Matt has never posted regularly. As I recall, It was after getting flamed by one or two members.

Ish, You did a great deal to improve the forum, But you know some people just prefer a dirt floor in thier house. (makes it more rustic) Besides it makes the motorcycle in the living room look less out of place. :lol:

Now go make some money so You can buy a doll dammit! :)
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

DrJazz

Thanks Ish.

Post by DrJazz »

It looks like the wife and I are coming out to Atlanta so I can speak at interz0ne. I'll see you when we get there and we'll grab dinner.

Ill call you this weekend.
Fact without theory is trivia. Theory without fact is bullshit.

INFORMATIONS