www.funwestdoll.com

Keeping older poupee-latex dolls inflated

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Keeping older poupee-latex dolls inflated

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I have been riding with the inflata-gang for some time now - but - i am relatively new to the wonderful French babes made by "DOMAX" and sold thru poupee-latex -

What i have learned of these wonderful French inflata-babes is that they are among the best looking and one of the best owned type dolls i've had in the 30 plus years having inflata-babes - :angel:

Like all things they do get old or require repairs - and the French made latex dolls are no exception - but the design is very robust and lends it self to easy repair if they are done as soon as the damage is noticed -

I got my "Ingrid" poupee-latex doll back in 2010 - and for the 3+ years she continues to be much fun - recently i wrote a post on a finger crack that caused her to deflate - but a while back i had done a much larger repair when the glue that is applied at the factory that is used adhere the vinyl made head to the latex body failed and was causing Ingrid to deflate thru this area -

I had considered trying different type of glues - but rather than guess what to use - i went to a local hobby shop - as they were a big seller of "action figures" sold as kits that have to be built - being i too am in the hobby circle although not "action figures" i asked the counter person that i had an "action figure" - :mrgreen: (Ingrid) - that needed to be repaired but there was dissimilar material used in latex needing to adhere to vinyl -

I was sold special glue called {"bsi - IC-GEL"} known as "ethyl cyanoacrylate gel" - http://www.bsi-inc.com
This is made in the USA - in Atascadero, Ca.

This glue is used also by the aquarium folk as well as its immersible -

What i did after purchasing this glue - was remove Ingrid's vinyl head from her latex body - i did this very gingerly so as not to cause any tears of the latex body while pulling the latex off the vinyl - this was done very easily as the bead of glue from the factory was not very well done and i was able to complete this in one sitting - i then removed all old residual glue from the vinyl head and latex body - i then cleaned the whole area and let air dry

With that done i then applied a new bead of glue on the vinyl head - ensure you spread enough to cover the entire circumference of the vinyl head - this is very important as any area without glue will allow the air to escape - once this is done - promptly place the latex body up and over the vinyl neck and apply pressure to the latex that's making contact to the glue on the neck to make a good glue contact -

I tend to do these type of repairs - with no rush or reason to be someplace else soon - i say this as repair time shouldn't be a concern - the repair should be central - so take your time with it - ensure good glue contact - because this is a Gel type glue it does take time to set - unlike ordinary CA type that dries instantly - i usually let repairs stand for 24 hours - before doing an inflation test - so too with this project

The results were very good - and while i did this repair in the past - no further action was necessary after this was done -

I am aware that member - fabin - has also done repairs to this area and that his solution was not to use any glue - i decided to go a different route as i wanted the repair to be a more permanent fix as i do not attempt modification from the original design with dolls

Happy Trails - :angel:
Attachments
bsi - IC Gel - excellent glue - has saved two pouppee-latex dolls so far for me
bsi - IC Gel - excellent glue - has saved two pouppee-latex dolls so far for me
034.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 4900 times
the vinyl head/ neck extends all the way down and the latex body covers this area all the way up to her chin almost
the vinyl head/ neck extends all the way down and the latex body covers this area all the way up to her chin almost
035.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 4900 times
Ingrid is once again as she was when new
Ingrid is once again as she was when new
038.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4900 times

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Keeping older poupee-latex dolls inflated

Post by Obin »

Great job, as usual.

Thank you, for the pics and information.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Excellent write-up YT. I'm sure anyone owning one of these beauties will find it very useful. :thumbs_up:

I know I've read that these dolls are very reliable, but just as with the vinyl's, it's the joints that are the weak points. God knows I've had enough neck leaks with my girlz to know that. :whistle:

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Thanks guys - Ingrid sez merci - :angel:

I really enjoy these dolls and while i received all three back in 2010 they are all very much like new - being hand made all three are really different in feel and appearance with their different wig style -

I find these dolls wonderful inflata-mates - and for me very hug-gable and great for the couch - i know some prefer their "teddy-babes" - but for me these French dolls are even better - yes more fragile than a plush doll for sure - but i am gentle with them and they return the favor in kind - :mrgreen:

I know that the information on the glue might be of little value to those outside of North America - but i did leave the type of glue that it is - and maybe where you are - they have a similar type of glue - :thumbs_up:

Baron von doll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Baron von doll »

Thanks for the glue recommendation - will definitely check it out.

They are very huggable indeed as inflatables, but you should try stuffing one with some fiberfill....

A stuffed Poupee is so :angel: fantastic :angel: that you'll never want to sleep with any other doll.

Vixen_Vannessa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vixen_Vannessa »

Thank you for the information, I have had many dolls have many leaks and my fear of the latex ones a little less now. Thank you.

Vixen
Licks and Kisses

Vixen
XoX

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Your welcome - Vixen_Vanessa - :thumbs_up:

And welcome to the TDF - we"re all friendly here - if you have any questions - by all means ask - many here are well versed on inflata-babes and can help you - :wink:

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I am replying to myself with an ole post - :mrgreen:

A member recently posted to "what glue" to use - to reattach the vinyl head to the latex doll body

This glue is a hobby shop available glue - its used for action figure assembly with different mediums

Best of luck

Aerial

Caution: Do not use superglue!

Post by Aerial »

I do not trust cyanacrylate (superglue) because it is way too brittle and the Domax vinyl (genuinely rather PU?) head is quite flexible, making the glue shatter and tear the latex at the shards. It may work fine to superglue latex e.g. to porcelain or wood, but I even suspect that the cyanide vapours can cause a chain reaction that makes latex start to decompose within few years. (I had bad experience with emptied Stretch Armstrong latex action figures turning into crumbly mess.)

For glueing latex on flexible PU or vinyl, some kind of shoe glue (or beige "all-purpose" household glue) based on polyurethane may be better.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

I originally posted this in 2013 - 6 years ago

Now the glue I used is not hypothetical - I used it and because of it, I still have that same doll - 100% capable

So while I understand some of your concerns - the reality is different - in that the glue if applied right will last a substantial time

Now if you ask me what will happen 6 years from now - maybe your hypothesis may indeed be correct - by which time the doll will be pushing 16 years old

So my reasoning is that the glue does work - and will last years - now how many - well I have done this on 3 of the poupee- latex dolls, i have and all remain in excellent order with no side effects as those described - now lets be honest - how many years can most air dolls be expected to last - :?:

Ingrid whom is my first French Poupee- latex is from 2009 - so 10 years isn't bad for this design the others are wee bit younger but not by much

This design while not the greatest due to the dissimilar materials used (Vinyl head Latex body) is flawed - yet 10 years from a sex toy is very remarkable - astonishing actually - :!:

Whereas the Hungarian design with a thicker skin and 100% latex will probably outperform the French air doll - a better design, yet; the French air dolls are well, French, so they are near sexually perfect - :mrgreen:

I only bring you my experience, take it for what its worth - if you have an alternate tried and true method I am all in - again as a sex toy I think there is limit to how long anyone of them can ultimately last, even the Super Woman Hungarian Latex dolls will eventually fail

INFORMATIONS