Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Dennis' Elsbeth II questions

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

akm3
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Dennis' Elsbeth II questions

Post by akm3 »

I probably should try harder searching, but I wasn't successful my first two attempts so I figured I'd just ask.

Dennis' Elsbeth II is the most attractive RD I've seen, even though it is the very common and popular B7/H11 combo.

What is it about Dennis' doll that makes it 'better'? Is it modified? Is he just an excellent photographer? Exellent taste in clothes and posing?

If I were to order one, I'd want a clone basically of Elsbeth II (hope that doesn't offend you Dennis) so I'm curious what makes her different from all the others?

Thanks,

Akm3

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

All I can speak to here is the photos. <i>All</i> the dolls look better in natural lighting during photography.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

baileydonald
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by baileydonald »

I also read somewhere the dolls breast were enhanced to a d-cup

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I think a lot of it has to do with Dennis putting in a lot of time taking his photos and preparing Elsbeth for photos. Maybe he already was fairly accomplished with a camera to begin with.

If you look at his setup he has a very nice dressing area for Elsbeth which probably helps a lot when getting her ready to shoot and dressed. He can get good fitting clothes on her easier with that setup he has. Clothes that fit well make a lot of difference in photos. Just like a real person, a improperly fit outfit can make a woman look heavier, or the wrong color can look awful on one's skin tone.

I thought I read a post somewhere that gave me the impression that Dennis is married or has a girlfriend living with him. Maybe I remember incorrectly or misinterpreted what I read. Anyway, if he does he has the distinct advantage of a ladies touch when getting her ready as well I would imagine. I have never styled a wig or applied makeup, so it would take a lot of practice to catch up with a woman who has done that for years. Even just being able to watch or consult a woman about hair and makeup would make a huge difference.

He has what appears to be rural property, so he doesn't have nosy neighbors looking at what he is up to in the backyard, or wondering what he is doing if they happen to look in one of his windows. As a result he can shoot in natural light a lot of the time it would seem and that is always the best lighting to use unless you have professional lighting equipment at your disposal which can be a close second.

I think the options help out a lot. The lower teeth make her mouth appear more realistic. The styled wigs help a lot too. No woman would have her photo taken with bed head if she could avoid it after all. I believe her green eyes are by Guy Louis and they add a lot. On all the dolls I have seen his eyes in, there is an extra sparkle there that isn't present in the factory eyes it seems. Also, since Elsbeth has enhanced breasts, she has a slightly unique look to her in comparison to most other body 7 dolls in the matrix except for Nicolina who also has that enhancement. That slight difference probably adds a bit. For example, if you grow up in Japan around people that almost all have black hair, brown eyes, and Japanese features a blue-eyed European blonde is very exotic. Likewise, if you see nothing but C-cups, a D-Cup will look more exotic.

I think the biggest factor is he really works at trying to take good photos.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Inuyasha wrote: I believe her green eyes are by Guy Louis and they add a lot.
No, Elsbeth doesn't have Geyeballs, though I think Dennis said he was planning on getting some now that 24mm are available.

AFAIK, Taze has the only green Geyeballs at this time.

Edit: except for Nicolina. According to her stats, she has ocean green Guy Louis eyes.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

dennis3761
Location: 151 Countries, only 1 Elsbeth! No place I would rather be.

Post by dennis3761 »

Akm3-

Elsbeth II and I thank you for your kind words. Your statement of desiring a clone of her is flattery to both of us and we would both love to see her twin. Although I doubt that you could get any DNA from her for the cloning process.

IMHO,ALL RD's are beautiful, Matt the magician from the land of Abyss may have sprinkled alittle bit of "magic powder" over EII that gives her a slightly more realistic look, or maybe I just got lucky, I don't know the answer but am very thankful for the result.

EII's options as well explained here by Inuyasha, Baileydonald, and JR are breast enhancement from small "C" to a full "D cup" and lower teeth. As JR explained she does not have Geyballs yet but she does have a pair of 24mm's on order. Currently she is modeling eyeballs by dennis3761 eight different colors.

Regarding Inuyasha's explanation, well done but I do not take credit for anything, let me address these topic by topic:

"I think a lot of it has to do with Dennis putting in a lot of time taking his photos and preparing Elsbeth for photos"....and then some, start to finish I spent about 5 hours on "she can't cook" just prep and shooting the pics.
"Maybe he already was fairly accomplished with a camera to begin with"...never picked one up really, still don't really know how to operate one, thank goodness for the people who make these things "point & shoot" I still have no idea what an "F-stop" does or is.
"If you look at his setup he has a very nice dressing area for Elsbeth which probably helps a lot when getting her ready to shoot and dressed. He can get good fitting clothes on her easier with that setup he has. Clothes that fit well make a lot of difference in photos."...100% true IMHO.
" thought I read a post somewhere that gave me the impression that Dennis is married or has a girlfriend living with him."...married 20yrs now, although Mrs. dennis3761 has not had anything to do with the photos of EII that I have posted (she has taken a few for our "private collection"). She still "enjoys" EII as I do but she doesn't care much for the photographing.
"Anyway, if he does he has the distinct advantage of a ladies touch when getting her ready as well I would imagine. I have never styled a wig or applied makeup, so it would take a lot of practice to catch up with a woman who has done that for years. Even just being able to watch or consult a woman about hair and makeup would make a huge difference. "...this is all very true but the Mrs. does not help. And just like you I have never done hair or make up before so I struggle through it.
He has what appears to be rural property, so he doesn't have nosy neighbors looking at what he is up to in the backyard, or wondering what he is doing if they happen to look in one of his windows....yes this is all true, but I do have 3 teenagers (that know about EII) that will show up whenever you least expect them to. Even though they know about her I do not parade her around in front of them, nor do they really want to see Dad playing with his doll.
As a result he can shoot in natural light a lot of the time it would seem and that is always the best lighting to use unless you have professional lighting equipment at your disposal which can be a close second ...yup,yup,yup!

"I think the biggest factor is he really works at trying to take good photos." ...Thank you, if someone here enjoys her photo's then the extra effort is worth it to me.
[b][url=http://www.dollalbum.com/php-cgi/gallery/elsbeth02][color=red]Elsbeth II[/color][/url][/b][color=blue] [i] "Nobody Does It Like Elsbeth!"[/i][/color]

Galland

Post by Galland »

Matt the magician from the land of Abyss may have sprinkled alittle bit of "magic powder" over EII
I think so as well... she is something special. Its totally facinating to just watch the pictures of her. Sometimes, her pics makes me truely belive that the future will bring us androids like in Bladerunner or Cherry2000.
"We're not computers, Sebastian. We're physical."

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

I think it's the use of light and shadow, and even the tilting of her head into different positions that gives EII her personality and gives her that "human-like" expression. She does not stare blankly out at you.

Dennis, how about a "EII in the bathroom" shoot? Her hair pinned up, just a few wisps trailing down her long neck, as she stands looking at herself in the mirror, silk robe sliding from her shoulders?

Or even "EII in bed"...in sensuous sheets, body covered in rose petals..like this:

Rainy

Galland

Post by Galland »

Hey Rainy... now that is romantic, and I somehow fall for the romantic pictures... well, the pure sexy ones are good too :wink: And the best are the combined!!! :D

I have been fiddeling with some 1/6 scale doll photographing, but this is totally different, since the lighting need to be set in a different way I think. First I thought that it wouldent be to different, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that the size of the dolls might be a great factor.

But, since I am somewhat romantic too... I will go along with the explenation of Matt sprinkling some "magical dust" over ElsebethII! 8)
"We're not computers, Sebastian. We're physical."

larryb22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Elsbeth II photography

Post by larryb22 »

First off, Kudos to Dennis and his efforts to photograph Elsbeth II. Many thanks for sharing the great results with us all. I know first hand how much work goes into setting up a photo shoot, as I have been doing it for a couple years now. I have been shooting the wife in erotic, vintage lingerie, and have also been working with a mannequin. (I'd love to have a Realdoll for a model.)
I have invested in a good set of studio stobe lights, a $2,000.00 Olympus E-10 digital SLR camera. I am still working on lighting techniques with pretty good results.
I must say however, Dennis seems to have a fantastic artistic eye and talent when photographing Elsbeth II. Then too, Elsbeth II also must be credited for being able to pose with such erotic grace and beauty. You may be right, it could be the magic dust she was blessed with by Matt.
Thanks Dennis for taking Realdoll photography to the next level.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Dennis, how about a "EII in the bathroom" shoot? Her hair pinned up, just a few wisps trailing down her long neck, ...
No, no, Dennis, don't listen to Raingirl. I will go up in a puff of smoke... :silly:

paddy49

Elsbeth's enhancement

Post by paddy49 »

Dennis, could you tell us more about the breast enhancement. I talked to Abyss, they told me that the enhancement is performed post production of the doll. I'm wondering how the breast feels. Can you tell if they removed the first layer of outer skin around the breast or do they just add more layer of soft tissue to the top surface and then recover with the outer skin? Are you at liberty to say the cost for breast enhancement?
She is a very beautiful lady IMHO.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Unfortunately, no one has heard from Dennis for a little over four months now. His last post was on January 17.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

paddy49

Post by paddy49 »

OK
Well I hope that all is well with him and that he busy taking photos to be posted soon.
:D

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

Paddy,
Silicomorphos aka S.D had the same breast modification made to his body 7 doll. You might try contacting him by PM. He is still actively posting.

It's too bad that Dennis has dropped off the face of the earth, but that happens it seems. There are a lot of beautiful dolls that we see some shoots of, and then suddenly nothing ever shows up again. It's hard to say whether it is simply lack of interest in taking more pictures, damage to the doll making pictures undesirable, or simply changed priorities in a person's personal life. Dennis could have burned out on the effort of taking pictures, felt he had nothing new to add creatively, have damaged Elsbeth badly, or has had some problems with his family over Elsbeth.

At least we have some very beautiful pictures of her to remember her by.

Another really beautiful doll that seems to have disappeared in Francois' Cassie

They come and go. There will be a day where I finally wear out Svetlana, or I wear out taking her pictures, and if I started dating again somewhere down the road I probably wouldn't be playing with my doll very much anymore. The doll is nice, but it isn't as nice as a real person.

INFORMATIONS