www.beautiful-dolls.com

Rose and Judy - Tin or Platinum cure silicone?

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
tmech
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Rose and Judy - Tin or Platinum cure silicone?

Post by tmech »

I've been reading the repair forum and am a bit concerned about tin cured silicone because it never stops curing and will begin to fracture and eventually break down.

If they are tin cure, how long with they last?

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Re: Rose and Judy - Tin or Platinum cure silicone?

Post by deerman »

I can not say about Beautiful Dolls but I have a Real Doll now five years old and other members have had them for a lot longer than that and they are still doing well :D

doppler

Post by doppler »

My unison doll is tin cured and is around 3.5 years old. She still looks pretty much brand new. I've had a few reoccurring tears under the armpits which I've had to repair every few months, but other than that I have had no noticeable tears or deterioration anywhere else.

tmech
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tmech »

If that is the experience with tin cure and if they are tin cure, that is plenty of time to get 'value' for the money for one of these cute dolls. I am getting closer...

rubberball55

Post by rubberball55 »

tmech wrote:If that is the experience with tin cure and if they are tin cure, that is plenty of time to get 'value' for the money for one of these cute dolls. I am getting closer...
With Beautiful Doll's Rose and Judy the issue is not whether the doll is tin or platinum cure. The issue is the skeleton construction and durability. The joints in these dolls all fail after very
little time and moderate use. My Rose's right hip and knee popped out in no time. Her left elbow did the same and soon her left knee followed suit. The nut that is glued into her head for the
bolt fastening also has come out and had to be re-glued. The oral use of the doll also has some drawbacks in so much as she lets you put it in but the suction is so great that you could pop a vein pulling your manhood out. I am normal size by the way. The shape and function of the doll is amazing but the skeleton construction is the worst in the industry bar none. I have had to open
the doll repeatedly for repairs only to find broken welds and an overall poorly designed and not well thought out design at all. What a waste. The silicone casting of this doll is great and then to have it fall apart constantly because of such a cheap skeleton is really too bad. Also when cutting open a tin cure doll when gluing her back together it is not as easy to conceal the surgery as it is on a platinum cure doll. Buyers should be aware that these are very delicate dolls and they would be wise to possess a moderate amount of repair skills if they plan on physically using these dolls.
The silicone by the way is holding up fine.......

tmech
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tmech »

rubberball55: Thanks for your comments and experience with Rose. I just bought one 'slightly used' and in good condition. She did have the blinking eye option with a missing lash that I replaced but the glue got behind the eye and she doesn't blink now. Still I don't like the blinking function anyway.

My first couple of uses taught me to learn the limits of her skeleton very carefully before any use. Taking care to not push any of the limits and slow movement seem to be the key and I will hope for the best.

BTW. Is she tin cure? What adhesive did you use? SilPoxy?

The silicone seems so pliable and soft that I was thinking that she might be platinum cure but I am just guessing.

kasper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kasper »

Hello, I have one and as far as BD said, Rose is made of platinum silicone.

I also can tell you that I used sil-poxy glue perfectly on her.

I hope the skeleton resistance have improved the latest months because it's not good to hear this. But thank you to share that experience. Taking care...

SNSlayer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SNSlayer »

I'm seriously considering buying a Rose. I'd love to hear more about any potential issues. She's stunningly beautiful and has that taboo 'Are you really 18?' look. I'm very good with craft type stuff but a little worried about having to do too much too quickly with a doll. It's not like making a wooden boat, she's so beautiful and you really only get one try in most cases. I'd be nervous to work on her! I hope future versions correct all of this. The fact that she can stand is also a plus for me and to read that it's risky puts doubts in my mind. Has anybody said definitively what kind of silicone she is made of?

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

I still hope they make a floppy version of Rose with-out the posable metal frame but some PVC type frame.

Who wants to break her back on a first date : (

kasper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kasper »

SNSlayer wrote:I'm seriously considering buying a Rose. I'd love to hear more about any potential issues. She's stunningly beautiful and has that taboo 'Are you really 18?' look. I'm very good with craft type stuff but a little worried about having to do too much too quickly with a doll. It's not like making a wooden boat, she's so beautiful and you really only get one try in most cases. I'd be nervous to work on her! I hope future versions correct all of this. The fact that she can stand is also a plus for me and to read that it's risky puts doubts in my mind. Has anybody said definitively what kind of silicone she is made of?
Hi SNSlayer,

In my opinion that taboo is only in your mind. If you feel comfortable enough about that, it's ok. I needed a small doll because of a storage issue. I would prefer a life size one but so far I am happy about my decision. I live alone but my home has several visitors so everyone needs to think about that individually, I guess. Of course, money or the shipping distance is another thing to consider as well. If you're from the USA I would recommend a minilovedoll.

The Rose silicone is good and soft but needs some maintenance (she's a bit sticky and needs cleaning/powder frequently), which is not a problem if you do it with love :) About the skeleton, you must be very careful. If you treat her really gently she will be fine. I just don't recommend standing her because some owners had knee joint failures and her own weight makes pressure there.

If you doubt, just read, ask and compare until you're completely sure. This forum is a great help and you can also contact the manufacturers directly. Most of them are very nice.
Hope this helps :D
K

tmech
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tmech »

The issue of standing up is, in my opinion, due to her weight. Although she is small her weight is 16 Kg or about 35 pounds so that would cause stress on knees.
My experience with her skeleton seems to suggest that the joints are strong and will be fine if kept within their designed range-of-motion. Past that point would be a risk so being careful is recommended.
Any doll has its own issues but Rose is sooo cute and 'performs' so well that I think she is wonderful and would buy her again in a minute.
I have heard that they may be introducing a new and lighter skeleton.

INFORMATIONS