www.wmdolls.com

Does the novelty wear off?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
LooseCannon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Does the novelty wear off?

Post by LooseCannon »

For those of you that have mannequins, How long have you had them? Do you find that the novelty ever wears off or does your appreciation grow stronger with time? The same question pertains to those that have love dolls as well.

ctalon

Re: Does the novelty wear off?

Post by ctalon »

Mannequins I don't own, nor would I. I don't get them really, to me they are still, well, mannequins not built for sex like a love doll. To stiff/no sexual function. But to each their own. I'm not trying to knock them, but if I was more awake I'd try to make a witty analogy for love doll vs mannequin. "It's like when you _____ with a ______, but use/bring a ______ to _____"....someone else fill in the blanks lol.

Love dolls...no, novelty has not worn off at all! If anything, it becomes almost an addiction of sorts, or collecting hobby perhaps, wanting so many more makes and models! Every year or two there seems to be a 'jump' in love dolls, I guess similar to computers/tech but at a slower pace lol. It's always neat to see new models and new manufactures enter the market and the constant evolution. To me my initial purchase was intent 99% for sex. While that is a awesome benefit, the TRUE benefit for me was a health benefit...I simply sleep MUCH better with a doll spooned. So my hours 'usage' on my dolls has been more sleep aid, with the neat option to boink when I need to. So to me, it's become one of those health/life improvements that I cant' imagine living without now simply due to the fact I sleep better now...amazing!

Hell, one will be able to look back at the dolls out now, and imagine even 10 more years from now how they will evolve!

I can easily see how people collect MANY of them if they can afford it...very expensive hobby though. Sky is the limit really. But all the fun things in life are that way.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I have a mannequin, but to me it's just a showpiece for my livingroom. I don't give her the attention, I give my dolls.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

wale
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by wale »

Eywa my hybrid manequin 50% soft foam and 50% silicone parts was my first experience with dolls and four years later I feel every day more love for her. My goal is to some day buy for her a new 4Woods body,she deserves that and mush more.
Attachments
EYWA%20pref%2001.JPG
EYWA%20pref%2001.JPG (91.59 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Mannequins are great for (limited) poses for a longer period something you cant with a silicon doll. Emotional my 4wood is more but considering what you pay for a mannequin they are great value. And mannequins are way way easier to dress. I find a love doll - mannequins a great combo. But for sex I would never want a mannequin.

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

I'v had my doll for over a year and nothing will beat the first few moment that you open the box and take her out but you kinda of get used to them after a while and if their not in the center of the room you might even forget about them untill you look over at her or bump into her lol :lol:

LooseCannon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LooseCannon »

Yes I agree, that for sexual purposes a silicone doll is the only way to go. I didn't buy my mannequin for sex, nor do I have any plans for modifications. My sights are set on a doll when I can afford one and I decide which one I want. I'm enjoying my mannequin much like a piece of intimate art. I love looking at her and dressing her in sexy stuff. She's very pleasing to my eyes and I enjoy her company. I spend more time in my office and getting more done now that she's in here. ha ha.
I do indeed plan to use her from time to time as a legitimate mannequin and model clothing and jewelry at summer festivals, but during her days off hehehehehe, I enjoy having her beautify my office. This whole thing is all new to me so I was just wondering if the novelty ever wears off with the rest of you that have dolls of one form or another.
Thanks for the replies.

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

Kiaya and I found each other in quite a magical way, and the bond has grown.
Her company is something profound that I can't quite comprehend. Mystical maybe...
Like was mentioned above; I sleep better. In fact sometimes I hug her before I leave the house, and feel an incredible sense of calm.

Her company has really helped me to curb my incessant pursuit for a girlfriend. Not that there is anything wrong with me wanting a girlfriend,
but the obsession was annoying and the loneliness pressured me to make really poor choices in who I got close to.

We recently did the "mod" and it is quite nice. I often think back and laugh about the day I got her home and couldn't wait to be sexual together.
I ended up with a awful, almost plastic, masturbator, but we made due. lol
She's a good friend, and we share a really enjoyable hobby of fashion. She loves to be dressed and I think even gives me advice on what will look good on her. Profound!

"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

Graphix

Post by Graphix »

In my case, the novelty wore off for both my lovedoll and a mannequin.

I had always had a fetish for dolls and when the chance came to buy one (Superbabe circa 2002) I jumped at it. I bought it clothes, stockings, shoes, wigs, etc. and could not wait for the chance for intimacy with my fantasy lover.

As someone mentioned, the first time was the best. After that, less and less, until finally she was hanging from her stand in the guest room for weeks at a time without me using her. I realized that although comforting, a doll could not replace my desire for intimacy. So I sold her on Ebay.

A few years later (2004) I realized how cheap mannequins were on Ebay (~$100) and I splurged and bought one. Again clothes, wigs, stockings, etc. Lovely to look at, fun to play with, but again somewhat empty. After a week of her standing around I realized it was time to move on. So I packed her up and sold her and her stuff on Ebay.

Fantasy although fun is no substitute for reality. Everyone is different of course and based on the progress and advances in the dollworld I still lurk and once in awhile wonder what it would be like to purchase a Sinthetic or Anatomical Doll. They even have posable mannequins on Ebay now as well.

Eventually I met someone, fell in love and got married. She doesn't know about my past life experiences.

Would a weekend escape with a doll or mannequin be fun? Perhaps, but coming home to my wife and children is priceless.

Graphix

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Graphix wrote:In my case, the novelty wore off for both my lovedoll and a mannequin.

Fantasy although fun is no substitute for reality....

Would a weekend escape with a doll or mannequin be fun? Perhaps, but coming home to my wife and children is priceless.
"Reality is subjective." :wink:

Glad you found the wife-and-kids thing to your liking, and that you still have fun/find it interesting lurking on here. :glou:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

I have twenty-five mannequins, although they are not for sexual purposes. Another just arrived two days ago. For me, they are sculpture you can dress and I make many alterations to mine, like joining the parts permanently - except the arms. I do not make alterations that would enable someone to have sex with them, though. Has the bloom gone off the rose? No. I am still looking for several more that I wish to add to my collection. Would I buy a doll for sex? I don't know, really. I prefer petite and I have not seen any, other than the Japanese, which are the size I like. Unfortunately, I am not interested in an Asian face or features.
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Bennko64
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bennko64 »

Graphix wrote:In my case, the novelty wore off for both my lovedoll and a mannequin.

I had always had a fetish for dolls and when the chance came to buy one (Superbabe circa 2002) I jumped at it. I bought it clothes, stockings, shoes, wigs, etc. and could not wait for the chance for intimacy with my fantasy lover.

As someone mentioned, the first time was the best. After that, less and less, until finally she was hanging from her stand in the guest room for weeks at a time without me using her. I realized that although comforting, a doll could not replace my desire for intimacy. So I sold her on Ebay.

A few years later (2004) I realized how cheap mannequins were on Ebay (~$100) and I splurged and bought one. Again clothes, wigs, stockings, etc. Lovely to look at, fun to play with, but again somewhat empty. After a week of her standing around I realized it was time to move on. So I packed her up and sold her and her stuff on Ebay.

Fantasy although fun is no substitute for reality. Everyone is different of course and based on the progress and advances in the dollworld I still lurk and once in awhile wonder what it would be like to purchase a Sinthetic or Anatomical Doll. They even have posable mannequins on Ebay now as well.

Eventually I met someone, fell in love and got married. She doesn't know about my past life experiences.

Graphix
I found it interesting reading this comment... I know that I would find it the same as you if I bought a doll, for the purpose of replacing things like intimacy, replacing a girl basically. However I have thought about his a few times and I realized that, really that's no reason not to buy a doll or to even buy a mannequin. For me the purpose of looking into this at this time is for sexual fantasy reasons. I would consider myself sexually kinky.. lol What I mean is for purposes of a purely erotic nature I enjoy and find the idea of using sex toys such as dolls or at the moment I'm looking into mannequin heads and the soloflesh sex toy as a means of producing erotic scenes which I will film on HD camera. It's kink basically.. just fun and erotic. I don't feel any shame for these things... ie (past life things that I shouldn't have done) I think it's good and even healthy to be free with sexual ideas and sexual fantasy however dynamic or fetish like they may be. I guess what I'm saying is be free have fun.. and feel no shame. Merry Christmas. :)

Bennko64
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bennko64 »

I don't think I would use a full mannequin for sexual purposes without a lot of modification. I am new to this really tho' but as far as I can see many mannequin heads are very very beautiful, some as beautiful as the realdoll faces. So the heads good, just need a silicon body, and then make adjustable arms and legs. I really think a lot of money can be saved and a doll produced to a very high standard. I know my brother could do it.. he makes violins, and boats from scratch. I doubt he would agree to make one tho' This is the kind of thing I was thinking to reduce price on a good quality doll. Use the cheaper but still very beautiful mannequin heads. Buy the silicon torso like this one. http://www.gummipuppen.de/silikonpuppen ... torso.html Then buy adjustable mannequin arms and legs until silicon versions become available.

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

Bennko64 wrote:I don't think I would use a full mannequin for sexual purposes without a lot of modification. I am new to this really tho' but as far as I can see many mannequin heads are very very beautiful, some as beautiful as the realdoll faces. So the heads good, just need a silicon body, and then make adjustable arms and legs. I really think a lot of money can be saved and a doll produced to a very high standard. I know my brother could do it.. he makes violins, and boats from scratch. I doubt he would agree to make one tho' This is the kind of thing I was thinking to reduce price on a good quality doll. Use the cheaper but still very beautiful mannequin heads. Buy the silicon torso like this one. http://www.gummipuppen.de/silikonpuppen ... torso.html Then buy adjustable mannequin arms and legs until silicon versions become available.
That's quite a nice torso. One thing that is not of interest to me is the weight of a real silicone doll, this would be perfect.
"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

Gabrielle1
Doll
Doll

Post by Gabrielle1 »

LooseCannon wrote:For those of you that have mannequins, How long have you had them? Do you find that the novelty ever wears off or does your appreciation grow stronger with time? The same question pertains to those that have love dolls as well.
I believe it would be up to the individual, and what you think of as being novel. You won't know until you try.

INFORMATIONS