Starpery.com

Care and Maintenance Tips

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Care and Maintenance Tips

Post by Pumpster »

Benriley wrote:I'm noticing plenty of flaking I guess, especially around the mouth. Ive used baby oil and let it set for hours, of course then I have to wipe it off and powder. I still get flakes. Dont know what I'm doing wrong, as a new owner ive seen so much conflicting advice. Are there any instructional videos or something that can set me straight? Thanks
Can you show picture of that flaking? Lips can be flaking if there's factory lip gloss as it will come out sooner or later but if it's happening thorough whole body then it sounds weird.

johnnyl7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by johnnyl7 »

Thank for this information, very helpful :D

Mitchell Hart
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mitchell Hart »

6uldv8 wrote:Here's a couple of tips i chucked together from my personal and online research :eek:

Wash your hands before play.
Always use a water based lube.
Never use Vaseline or oil based products for lube.
Never use solvents or strong chemicals to clean her.
To avoid messy and regular clean ups, use a condom.
Clean her love holes often to stop germs. You don't want a bladder infection. (This maybe just a Myth?)
If she's dirty gently use mild soapy water with a soft sponge or cloth to clean.
Don't rub too hard as it may split the skin.
According to the instructions for my rose doll, Soap, Shampoo, Bath Gel and Mild Detergents are ok to use on silicone.
Powder her once she is clean and air dried. A cool or warm electric fan (at a safe distance of course) will work well. Don't leave her by a bar heater or fire (for obvious reasons 8O).
Avoid tight clothing for extended periods, as it can cause creases.
Watch out for sharp things like jacket zips, long fingernails, jewellery etc. as they can damage the silicone.
Use Cornstarch or Talcum powder if she gets sticky.
Be gentle and move her limbs slowly.
Research the movement limitations of your doll.
Long gloves/mittens, long sock's and a fresh powder makes her a lot easier and safer to dress.
Be very careful of her fingers when moving, positioning or dressing.
For extended storage, keep her laying flat in the relaxed position on a soft colorless surface with no clothes on and powdered, preferably in the original shipping crate. This will reduce any chance of silicone damage, creasing, deformation and joint pressure.
Always wash new clothes just in case they stain her. Especially black and dark colors.
If she has finger wires, feel inside to make sure they are centered, if not then pull the finger tip a little, center the wire then release finger tip.
If she is heavy, bend your knees with your back straight and use your leg power to lift, don't use your back like a crane.
If warming a doll with an electric blanket, always use the lowest heat setting and check her often in case she creates a hotspot.
If you want to bath her (please check with manufacturer if your doll can be bathed) keep her neck and head out of the water.
If in the shower (also check with manufacturer) you should remove her head (don't wash her head in the shower) and put a plastic bag with a rubber band around the torso neck to stop water going into her spine.
Avoid direct sunlight on the skin for long periods as it may cause fading.
Silicone will last longer if kept in between 5 & 35 degrees Celsius.
Avoid dusty areas as silicone dolls are both sticky & electrostatic which will mean a lot more cleaning.
You may gently nibble, but don't bite her.
And most important, give her plenty of love and treat her like your Princess.

This is only to be used as a reference guide and is not 100% stone cold facts. Please feel free to circulate these tips to other doll lovers. 6uldv8

also Big thanks to TDF team for an awesome site :thumbs_up:

What should I use to remove a black mascara stain with out ruining her skin?
Lovely Everly (WM 5’2 157b 62 lbs 159 face)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136966

EVERLY My blonde baby doll!
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=137005

Sweet Cocoa Puffs (Jettie) YL 148D
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=142265

Lorna-+DD

Post by Lorna-+DD »

Backing up a little to the Femdom use option. How does this work with the removable vaginal inserts? Or is this not necessary? I have a doll on order with the removable insert option. I presume femdoms are not really needed or in fact not possible to use with the inserts but I am asking just in case. Thanks
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by 0605403 »

Aside from the doll directly, the wig also needs care. Even if you just leave the doll lying flat and still, if the wig is still on, it can get tangled. Seems that it's better to hang the wig upright and comb regularly.

Mariya Shido
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mariya Shido »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask?
my doll is siliko 160 L cup silicone doll.
How do i maintain here in good condition?Would like to know because I've been getting conflicting info.
I've been told that i should use vaselin and baby oil on my silicone doll?
but I've also read that you should use vaselin and baby oil so which is the right answer?
I've been told that i should use baby powder to get rid of stickiness?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I've been told that i should use nail glue to glue here finger nails and eye lashes glue to glue here eye lashes?
what is the best brand of glue for silicone doll or will any brand do?

Any tips is appreciated.

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

OK - you have a Siliko doll, she is Silicone

So, absolutely do not use baby oil or vaseline, some people still use that for TPE not silicone

Silicone is resistant to more things than TPE but is vulnerable to products containing silicone and oils, incidently keep TPE away too.
Keep away from direct sunlight exposure if you can and avoid high temperatures you would not expose your skin to as although Silicone is highly resistant to heat the blend may not be.
Bleach is fine for cleaning, although keep it diluted and avoid long exposure as it corrodes everything in time
Baby bottle sterilising tablets are perfect IMO
I do use isopropanol for cleaning prior to conducting repairs and glueing, some people use nail varnish or makeup remover but that will destroy the realistic paint and makeup.
For glue, use a glue for silicone repairs in moderation, there are a few recommendations on the forum on brands that work, always test somewhere first or use such a small amount you are unlikely to do damage. I cannot speak for glueing eyelashes, it might make sense to use something less permanent than silicone glue, but very little sticks to silicone and you may risk a reaction. Worth reading around on what people use.

Stickiness
To take away the stickiness, rinse well after washing, it may be your soap, I recommend you avoid using cloths to clean, use your hands only to avoid stripping the paint
Most people use baby powder or talc once dry and I recommend you apply with a large soft makeup brush
My preference is corn starch or corn flour as I believe it is safer.

makeup
I found powder based make-ups that are not heavily oil based are fine and can suit most purposes, but you have to be a bit cautious

Clothing
People say avoid dark colours or clothes where the dye might run, I have not had an issue as the Silicone tends not to absorb anthing so far and has proven easy to wash after a few little disasters.

Hope that helps you keep her safe
I wish Siliko had included this information when they shipped to me, I would not have had to learn the hard way

One other tip for the 160, you may want to keep her in a soft supportive bra, as she has big boobs that are gel filled and people are reporting they sag over time, a degree of realisim you might want to avoid.
-- Silikodoll 150 G , H1 J7 --

Mariya Shido
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mariya Shido »

thanks for the advice.
sorry it took me so long to reply I've been busy with work and other stuff.
i was told to use shampoo.
I'm using baby powder.
I'm trying a Lavera cheek blush for here lips.
I've bought here black, blue and red clothings.
i always wash clothes before first use.
i also have not had any problems with black clothes.
I'm having trouble finding a bra for here. i was told to use bra calculators but I'm not sure if they are calculating correctly?
because I'm getting different results from different bra calculators here bust is 101cm and unde bust 62 cm that means that separation is 39 cm and if i look at EU cup size chart 39 cm is N 38-40cm size and here under bust 62 cm so that means 60 N bra?
but the only N size bra i can find is 75 N will this bra fit here? I tried a spots bra because they don't have cup size but the under band is too big. the only one that seems to work some how is a bra top XL size but the cup's are little bit too small.
i would like some advice what size bra and what kind of bra should i buy for here?

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

She has a very small under chest..
What you need to focus on is getting the right cup size and then you will need to adjust the backstrap to tighten to get the right fit for your girl. She is off the scale when you compare back size to cup size but within range for her cups.
Women search for sister sizes when moving between bra's in this way. It is easier for a doll because you'll have less concern about the comfort and support.

A general misunderstanding about cup size is that a 60D is the same cup size as a 70D for example
Actually the cup on the 70D is bigger than the 60D

You can find sister or cup size calculators to explain this on the web so you can compare volumes for cups and find a bra that matches a 60N cup size, you need to add a few CM anyway to the band so ideally she would need a 65M or 70L to fit well, but you won't find that, look for large bands with the same cup volume that are avialable

From my calculation you are looking at a bra cup volume of 2060cc
so 65M, 70L, 75K, 80J, 85I, 90H
Also you may find it easier to find larger bra sizes in the UK
UK 32HH, 34H, 36GG, 38G

However I would recommend you do the measurements yourself, both on the doll herself and calculate with the online charts.
You might consier it better to get a cheap bra to check you are in the right range before investing in something nice.

Also bra design matters a lot here too, look for something where you can reasonably reduce the backstrap to fit by tucking it in on itself and adding a stitch or saftey pin.
Hope this helps...

Most people have problems with bra sizes for dolls as the manufacturers goal to reduce weight tempts them to reduce the under chest and shoulder dimensions. Not a problem if you like the look, but tough when buying clothes as things fall of the shoulders etc

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

6uldv8
Clean her love holes often to stop germs. You don't want a bladder infection. (This maybe just a Myth?)

Not a myth, manufacturers specifically instruct owners to thoroughly clean body fluids from dolls after use to avoid any infection in any part of the human body :whistle:

Mariya Shido
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mariya Shido »

thanks again. I'm sorry If this is a wrong place to talk about this. I've bought two bras the first one was as i said a sport bra XL size according to the size chart on the bra XL should fit around 100 cm chest but the under band is too big and i was thinking of reduce the under band and opening and restiching it but it would be a big hassle but then i found a store yesterday while i was shopping that sells bras from A-M sizes but the smallest M size they had on shelf was 70 M but they had 70 L full shapers bra so i bought it but it seems that the volume might be the close to 60 N or 65 M but the wire is too wide is it possible to reshape the wire and make cup narrower? and Is there any side effects for making my doll were a wrong size bra?

For cleaning i have a WM intelligent cleaning set.

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

Bra's cause women enough trouble too.

Be careful with the cleaner, take a close look at the UV bulb, it is behind a cage but not otherwise protected. If you drop it, the UV bulb can break leaving hundreds of shards of very sharp glass exposed, I cannot believe they have not protected it properly. It is probably sold as a novelty item like everthig else so has no regulation for saftey, all at your own risk.

To cut your hand would be an arse, It could be end game for your doll if you got glass inside her and perhaps worse if you did not realise.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

skra-snarker
https://www.bing.com/search?pc=CBHS&pta ... arch+flour
Generally, cornstarch is made just from the starchy endosperm of the corn plant, while cornmeal uses the entire kernel. Cornmeal is also a very coarse grain that can be used to make grits, cornbread, and polenta. In the US, corn flour is just basically finely-ground cornmeal.

cornstarch is my go to :)

Naz34
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Naz34 »

Thanks for the information. This topic is a must-have in the FAQ for beginners.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

dollguy22 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:32 am

Bladder infections are a thing... long before I was even close to entering the world of dolls, I started to get sexually curious with more than just using my hands. I lived with strict Christian parents and my mom was always fond of checking on me ...
I thought I had strict Christian parents, but they never went so far as to check on me even when they thought I might be doing something like masturbating. That's when people can go just too far and even Christians can't stop human nature. They have to know when just to 'let go'. If they hadn't been so hard you may not have gone so far and hurt yourself.

Anyway, this has been a great thread for learning what to do- and not do!
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS