something's wrong with my 1st doll's arm.. help please T T

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
d0d0l7777
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

something's wrong with my 1st doll's arm.. help please T T

Post by d0d0l7777 »

hello all,

i got my 1st doll, sophia's inked doll, just last week.
all are great, but when i tried to inflate her, her right arm just wouldn't inflate.
i thought there wasn't enough pressure so i kept pumping in but no result..
so i left the doll, reading the instruction.. i came back about 2-3min, and her right arm was inflated!
however, now i find it hard to deflate that arm..

it seems like the air tube on her right arm is.. closed? i don't know.
it has a different feeling from the other arm.
when i squish the left arm, the air inside would flow in and out right away.
her right arm however, doesn't. if i squish her arm hard enough, i can hear a the sound of air flowing out, but isn't as fluid as the other hand..

looking around the forum, i found this old thread..
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31440

i tried massaging the orbital thingy.. 1/2 an hour later, i gave up.. it didn't do much..
anybody knows the internal structure of this thing?

any suggestion on how i can fix this?

life-is-plastic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: something's wrong with my 1st doll's arm.. help please T

Post by life-is-plastic »

maybe the arm has been rotated 360º (or more) and the tube has been blocked that way ??

not sure here, but I think there are also some valves here and there ... and one might be a bit 'sticky' perhaps ??

d0d0l7777
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by d0d0l7777 »

life-is-plastic wrote:maybe the arm has been rotated 360º (or more) and the tube has been blocked that way ??

not sure here, but I think there are also some valves here and there ... and one might be a bit 'sticky' perhaps ??

finally someone replies /tears/

yeah, i got a feeling the valve got stuck / sticky like you said.
when i compare rotating both arm, the left one rotates smoothly (regardless it is inflated or not), while the right one can only rotate with extra force (as in, you actually have to grab the orbital and rotate it).

i read from that old thread, if i took off the arm, it would be very hard to push it back in again..
so i wonder if anybody ever has the experience dissecting similar doll, and if so, how does it work / assembled..

i can only guess, but i think there is only 1 tube inside the orbital, and the whole pvc body and the limb are connected only through this single tube..
i wanted to know how it is assembled before actually taking the limb apart and position the tube correctly..

OR! i just had a crazy idea.. i know i couldn't rotate her arm > 360deg..
the starting and ending point of rotation is precisely straight up..
what would happen if i FORCE this rotation? would it break the orbital?

please enlighten me..

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

Congrats on getting Sophia - she's one of the great inflatagals available and her oral is second to none . . . Although mine is near the end of her life with a leak below the vagina insert opening which is difficult to mend, she's certainly one that I'll want to replace in due course with another.

The arms are on a ball-and-socket arrangement through which there is a flexible tube. That will have got twisted or kinked. You can rotate the arm above the top-stop and around again, and if that does not work, do it the other way around and if that does not work, you can probably prize the joint apart and straighten the tube and squeeze it back together again. But in the course of time, the outer socket expands and the joint is no longer as tight and it will pop off sometimes of its own accord. Whether you want to hasten that process really is up to you . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

d0d0l7777,

I've had this problem with my dolls too. The reason for this is that there is an inflation tube which connects the arm to the body that is cut too long, thus when the arm is installed it folds back upon itself, causing a fold in it which restricts the flow. On the doll I had with this problem, when I popped the arm out of the socket, it immediately inflated once the fold was no longer there.

Unfortunately, this is a manufacturing defect, and there is nothing that can be done about it without destroying the doll in the process. Myself, I leave my dolls inflated, so this is less of an issue, but for those who only inflate them when needed, it can surely be a PITA. Check out the attached pic for a better understanding of the inner-workings.

PS- You can't rotate the arm 360, as there is a stop inside the joint preventing this (the tab sticking out of the outer socket in the pic). I don't think I'd want to do it anyway, for it would stress the tube only that much more.
Attachments
Arm Socket Mod.jpg
Arm Socket Mod.jpg (231.68 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

d0d0l7777
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by d0d0l7777 »

thank you all for the response.

i decided to get a replacement for this, since it was still under 30days.
i thought if it was easy to fix, i would just fix it myself.

after looking at the picture, i contacted the store and they got back to me after 5 days.. orz;;
well, it was sent out yesterday.. i hope the replacement is not a defect.

d0d0l7777
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by d0d0l7777 »

omg guys,

so my replacement arrived today..
trying to inflate her again, same problem.. except this time it is her left arm..

i wanted to know.. does this product (sophia's inked love doll) generally have low quality control?

i am totally grieving at the moment..
to get it replaced, i have to ship this back, and it isn't cheap since this doll weighs around 4kg and is quite big of a package.
i am iffy to get another replacement just so i have the 3rd chance of possibly getting another defect..

how is your experience? please share..

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

I've never seen a sex doll company that didn't have a quality control.

Whoever is at the factory is just sticking the arms in the socket... and not paying attention to see if it is twisted or not. It's an easy fix... you just need to untwist the tube. Rotate 360 in one direction, if that doesn't work go back around to the original position, then another 360. If all that fails, the arm will pop out, untangle it, then put the arm back in.

It is a bit of a pain-in-the-ass to do... but just takes some patience.

Good luck,
Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Sorry to hear of your troubles - dOd - :?

I have several different dolls from NANMA/ CONBO including Sophia Santi from importer CalExotics - and - yes they do have this problem - including my Sophia dolly

I find that while when initially inflating the doll one arm left or right only partially or doesn't inflate right away - but after an hour or so waalla the other arm i find magically inflated all by itself - while i agree this isn't an ideal situation and as Jerry wrote above quality control is not included with your inflata-doll purchase it for me has been a minor problem - if you are in need of the doll right away from a deflated condition and can't leave doll inflated around well then i agree its a problem -

I am on the road a lot and spend much time traveling i can't always travel with my inflata-babe - so i don't always leave the dolls out and about - but when i am going to be around i do leave them inflated for some period of time so the thirty minutes to an hour it some times takes to equalize pressure in the dolls arms ain't no big thing to me - some of my babes take much less to equalize -

While i in no means think you should take poor quality for an accepted practice - i have learned to deal with this issue as in reality after the arm inflates the doll over all is just fine - i got my Sophia in 2009 so soon she is going to be with me 3 years - thats not bad for an inflata-babe - even with her arm issue - again once the air pressure equalizes the doll is just fine

Happy Trails - :angel:
Attachments
Sophia is up front with Lynn Thomas behind
Sophia is up front with Lynn Thomas behind
Sophia & Lynn 1.jpg (404.77 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

INFORMATIONS