Video

RealDoll 2 Uncrating Video

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

narcissus
Former Member

Re: RealDoll 2 Uncrating Video

Post by narcissus »

robotpimp wrote:need to straighten her out when I'm done posing to prevent creases in her cute tummy!
Ah, thanks! I asked a question a while ago in a thread about it: (http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... se#p390549).

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

Here’s a question that I asked Zoe in another thread:

“Hi Zoe,
Do you think that you could get one of your friends at Abyss to provide a picture of the RealDoll 2 skeleton that shows the joints and their rotation? I’ve found out that on Amber because she is so new that some of her joints are very stiff and for posing purposes she may be able to achieve some positions that I am not aware of. I certainly don’t want to force her into any position that my damage her.”

If you or anyone else has seen this information I would much appreciate a heads-up. I really don’t want to force Amber into any positions that she isn’t designed for but at the same time I don’t want to miss out on any possible pose positions just because the joins are new and stiff.

Were you able to tighten Laila’s neck joint? I recall reading that by removing the back portion of the skull cap that the neck can be tightened with an allen wrench.
May your roots be strong and your branches free to wander.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

narcissus wrote: Ah, thanks! I asked a question a while ago in a thread about it: (http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... se#p390549).
I posted a response to your question in that thread.
Longshot wrote: Here’s a question that I asked Zoe in another thread: Do you think that you could get one of your friends at Abyss to provide a picture of the RealDoll 2 skeleton
I would like this too, I am carefully exploring her movement axies. Her right forearm is very stiff for ratation, it scares me.
Longshot wrote:Were you able to tighten Laila’s neck joint? I recall reading that by removing the back portion of the skull cap that the neck can be tightened with an allen wrench.
No, but thanks for the info! I was going to ask Abyss tech support for guidance in this matter.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

robotpimp wrote: I posted a response to your question in that thread.
Just saw it, 'preciate it. I'd play it on the safe side, as well.

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

robotpimp wrote: No, but thanks for the info! I was going to ask Abyss tech support for guidance in this matter.
It’s just something that’s briefly mentioned on the last line of page 9 in the Care Guide. There are no details or pictures so it’s probably I good idea to contact Abyss just to be sure.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

The axis that is loose is the head side-to-side tilt, it seems to be inside the soft neck tissue, requiring surgery. It's not that bad though so I may just leave it be for now. When I begin replacing the skeleton with a puppeteered one this will be a good place to start!

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

If you come up with any good method for moving Laila’s eyes while posing be sure to pass it on. Amber’s eyes are really tight and I have yet to find any good way to move them without fear of doing some damage.

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

I have not tried yet but noticed the same thing. My first instict would be to remove the face and put 2 drops of heavily diluted Dawn liquid dish soap in each eye and pop them out gently by rotating with a finger (without damaging the eye liner). Once out and cleaned, they would be dried and lubed with the ID lube that was provided, then gently re-inserted. Straight water would probably also work by re-hydrating the water based lube that was used when the eye was initially inserted.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

robotpimp wrote:The axis that is loose is the head side-to-side tilt
With Kayla, this movement axis is solid as a rock, and won't move side to side at all.
In your video, I now see how it is supposed to move, but it simply won't go there, not even with some extra force.

I'm scared of breaking her neck if I put in even more strength, so I'm going to leave it the way it is...
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

can you tell me how you got your video up???? O_O i'm still trying to figure out how to upload mine....TT^TT i'm very computer illiterate....i have no idea what to do....

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

I edited the video and exported it to MP4 format (any format YouTube accepts is fine as well). Make sure the video meets YouTube's policies. Nudity may be a problem. I used a mosaic blurring to protect the video from being reported/flagged as innapropriate or as adult content. Even then it might get flagged which I do not want - I would prefer it remains public.

Once that is done, create a Gmail account and sign into YouTube to create your channel, then click Upload and wait :)

When the video completes its upload, you can then edit the details, add a title, annotations, etc.

Just experiment with it and have fun.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Thanks for going through the trouble to post the video.
It brings back fond memories of Eadie's arrival. I picked her up direct from the Toronto airport authorities to cut a couple of days off the delivery time; that was more hassel than the uncrating. :( Enjoy you honeymoon! :wink: :wink:

Cheers,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

i actually already have a youtube and gmail account....

does it normally take a reallllly reeaallly looongg looooonnnngg time to finish loading on youtube??? how do i convert it to an MP4 format?? @_@

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

Yes it is normal that it takes forever, especially if your video is large or lengthy or you are uploading raw video (what the camera spits out). I use Adobe Premiere and After Effects CS5 for video editing, special effects, etc. I've done many YouTube videos and had best results with 1080p HD video in MP4 format as the final render (better quality yet small file size).

You do not need to worry about this, it is kind of advanced. Just wait for the video to upload or get "Sony Vegas 10" and learn that. You can search online for how to export to YouTube in your video editing tool of choice, whatever it may be.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

i don't think i have any of that on my lpatop....its a hand me down from my elder sister....i think some of the stuff needs to be updated....

anywho i have a memory card in my video camera, so it's not "raw", is it???

so if i just let it upload onto my youtube account is it ok for the laptop to go into "sleep" mode?? will it mess it up?? is it better to not try to go on the internet at all while it's uploading??

INFORMATIONS