DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Got my PIB delivered Thursday!

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
janesays
Ex-Member

Re: Got my PIB delivered Thursday!

Post by janesays »

Like anything in life that we do Trevor just start out small and work your way up. Photography can be pretty complex or it can be simple. Stacy Leigh,one of the best photographers on TDF told me in person that she can take kick-ass pictures with a desk lamp and her iPhone. LOL,Thats because she is so good. There is much to learn so you don't want to overwhelm yourself and be out of pocket. The DSLR's are expensive and can go in to the thousands if you want to take "serious" pictures but are cheaper on eBay but not by alot. I was told to never buy a used camera on eBay because if someone dropped it you might be getting ripped off so if you go the more expensive route make sure it is new. Another thing to keep in mind is that the lenses are also very expensive.

I will admit that you can do better with the type of lamp I suggested but I use them because they are the one's that our Coverdoll photographer Incrediwagon uses and suggested me to use. He is very good with them whereas I am still learning how and where to place them so I have to use photoshop to get rid of shadows that I don't want. You can also use GIMP to get rid of shadows or other unwanted crap. GIMP has basic functions whereas photoshop has all the bells and whistles. GIMP is free:

http://www.gimp.org/

I am not a professional photographer but I have received many great comments on my photos from many here at TDF including professional photographers. Also,Kharn one of the owners of TDF uses the same camera as me. Here is a shot of his Alektra:
babydoll_1.jpg
babydoll_1.jpg (73.53 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

This photo here is really nice. She is a very sexy doll. Hey that wig looks familiar:
normal_Allison_Day_3_and_4_033.jpg
normal_Allison_Day_3_and_4_033.jpg (62.35 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

trevor126
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trevor126 »

Thanks janesays! I'm a big fan of Cover Doll so I really appreciate the compliment and the advice as well.

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

My, would you look at that body. Just plain scrumptious. Is this the Coffee Gelato skin tone?
Attachments
normal_Allison_Pink_String_Bikini_016.jpg
normal_Allison_Pink_String_Bikini_016.jpg (64.72 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
normal_Allison_24_Sep_030.jpg
normal_Allison_24_Sep_030.jpg (54.07 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
normal_Allison_03_OCT_071.jpg
normal_Allison_03_OCT_071.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
normal_Allison_03_OCT_073.jpg
normal_Allison_03_OCT_073.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
normal_Allison_03_OCT_015.jpg
normal_Allison_03_OCT_015.jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 1541 times

ipani
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ipani »

jerryboy wrote: ...It's bad enough they are nosy and always ask us what's inside. I will tell them it's a custom Christmas tree, but it's hard to defend that reason when the carton can shake and the contents bounce like a rubbermaid device...
how about saying it's a grandfather clock?
that would explain the size, shape and weight
of the crate...
Hello... I'm the Happiness Fairy, I've sprinkled happy dust on you. So Smile dammit. This stuff is expensive!!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

The SEKO guy that delivered Sharon asked (I guess he hasn't delivered many packages marked "Abyss Creations" 8) ). Anyway I didn't try to hide or falsify anything, I told him the truth.

"It's a Cylon." :mrgreen:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

jerryboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jerryboy »

Wow, Trevor! Again she looks fantastic. Classy as well. Can't wait to see what my new friend will look like as well. I suppose my order is in queue so I'm trying not
to think about it and let the days go by. Sure glad to see someone get their order though, thanks for the pics.

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

jerryboy wrote:Wow, Trevor! Again she looks fantastic. Classy as well. Can't wait to see what my new friend will look like as well. I suppose my order is in queue so I'm trying not
to think about it and let the days go by. Sure glad to see someone get their order though, thanks for the pics.
I am quite anxious to see your Hope as well. I am sure she will be flat-out gorgeous.

INFORMATIONS