sexyrealsexdolls.com

Album Piracy/Photo Theft - RESOLVED & TBD

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.

What would you like to see in place?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Leave the current system in place until a more robust solution is in place
41%
Remove the current system and do not add piracy deterrence mechanisms in the future
50%
Other (please post)
9%

Total votes: 44

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Album Piracy/Photo Theft - RESOLVED & TBD

Post by synthyours »

We recently made a change to the way the Doll Album displays images. User feedback on the current incarnation of the piracy deterrence scheme has been mixed. We would like to know what you would like to see done to deter piracy?

Please note, the poll is advisory only.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Album Piracy/Photo Theft

Post by Vickylover »

Hi synthyours.

Keep up the good work. I know at least one of my photos has appeared on somethingallfull. Anything you can do to help protect my pics is very welcome.

I vote for the best protection you can come up with. Pressing a few more keys to see a photo is no problem to me.

Vickylover.

dude69

Post by dude69 »

Welcome to the internet. I voted (2). If you dont want you pictures to be stolen, dont post them!
My Doll Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12454

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

dude69 wrote:Welcome to the internet. I voted (2). If you dont want you pictures to be stolen, dont post them!
I respectfully submit that's like saying, if you don't want your house broken into, don't live in a house. Yes, I see your point of view, a determined criminal can get around the deterrence, but I still favor deterrence.
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

The problem with the recent overlay change is it doesn't really protect pictures, while making life harder for some forum members.

Anyone who knows how web browsers work can steal them at will if they are allowed to be viewed PERIOD. If you have the will to steal pics, there's not only *a* way - there's more than one EASY way.

Voted 1 - the system needs to be revamped. Ease of use needs to be restored for active forum members. And more robust anti-piracy measures need to be implemented for non-members.

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

I just want to clarify that no system is perfect. There will always be a way around any system designed to deter piracy. Sil made the overlay change as a temporary stopgap after the realdollsex.ru website was discovered.

vavoom
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vavoom »

Is it possible for the administrators to mark posted pics with "doll album" somewhere on pics to satisfy the piracy issue and return life to the way it use to be? My desktop is waiting. Thanks :mrgreen:

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Not wanting to distract from collecting opinions, but just as a reminder about internet content,
this is what it all boils down to, really :
dude69 wrote: If you dont want you pictures to be stolen, dont post them!
Gramps wrote:if you don't want your house broken into, don't live in a house.
synthyours wrote:I just want to clarify that no system is perfect.
When you upload a picture, it is public domain and everyone is free to copy, paste, save, spread it all over the web, and even if you come across with copyrights, nobody will really care. So if you upload, the possibility exists someone will copy and (ab)use it. So watch for telling content before you upload, like maybe wifey recognizes the living-room, crate number and name visible of the crate, number-plate on the car visible and so on.
You can always trick security routines if it's about making pictures stay where they are meant to be. For example, some time ago JavaScripts seemed to be hip that block the right mouse button, so the menu with "save picture as" won't appear. Right mouse button blocked, some of those Scripts you can already trick if you just click left and right mouse buttons simultaneously, and the menu will appear. And if all other ways are blocked, you can still do a screenshot for free, no way to block that with a website code, as screenie software grabs the pixel data right from your graphic card memory. Just saying... we can do what we want to protect members' pictures, but first of all, it's you to consider the risk of what you show. That's just the sad truth.

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

synthyours wrote:I just want to clarify that no system is perfect. There will always be a way around any system designed to deter piracy. Sil made the overlay change as a temporary stopgap after the realdollsex.ru website was discovered.
No system is perfect but the overlays are not that much of a deterrent to start with. You wouldn't have had any debate if the new way to download wasn't so cumbersome.

Just my opinion again, but viewing full sized album pictures should be limited to registered and active TDF members. Anyone who is un-registered or inactive should only be able to see thumbnails in the album. That will prevent anyone from just downloading the pictures via alternate (and easy) means.

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

Other! Though I have no idea what. I hate not being able to link pics from my albums into my posts. Some of mine made it to Somthi'n Awefull too but I agree that is the risk one takes posting pictures on the internet and
I post nothing I'm afraid to get circulated out there. I'm glad to see my old allbum linked posts still work, at least foe me logged in and I hope for all the doll lovi'n world. I was able to save one of my pics from a album linked post just by right clicking. I tested the album and it didn't work. I'm no computer guru but after two tries I got it! The most recent post that is. Nice panty shot RaDiv! I'll insert it from my computer's drive as proof. Some security is unfortunatly necessary but with pictures descression on the posters part avoids worry about reposting elsewhere.

Nam
Attachments
D-F_test.jpg
D-F_test.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 4160 times

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I will fre-face the following by stateing that I am a compleat computer illiterate nut!

I voted for Other!

The reason why is I am not up to speed with what the current situation is but I am all for adding a non copy feature.
As was stated in a post above,.. so you cannot just right click and copy the pictures.

I would like to see a copy protect system in place so you can link your pics to a thread but you cannot copy from the album or post. somhow have the album/post password protected.
Just my thoughts.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Vanessa wrote: Just saying... we can do what we want to protect members' pictures, but first of all, it's you to consider the risk of what you show.
Right, whether photos or words - whatever one puts out there on the internet.

One photo of mine has been used by the manufacturer of my Candy8teens, and I have had no problem with that, said it's OK. I saw my photos, like others, on the SA forum before, but it didn't bother me, I like seeing myself where ever I'm at ;) hehe. Dolls solved the problem that is me - and I don't want any more problems, so I have learned how to be more careful, not with photos, but other things like with my personality. I can't change the face of my personality like one can, say a Real Doll face. I can't change the face of it, but it sure got some sense knocked into it. :) Seems like the ONLY way I learn, unfortunately. Sharing photos I still do, sharing my lovely love story with everyone online or offline, that I closed the book on. The romance is so HOT that pages burn when I try to write about it anyways. :)

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi Everyone.

I have no problem with people looking at my pictures. I fully understand and accept that what I up-load can be viewed by anyone; I check every picture before I up-load it. But I don't like anyone moving copies of my pictures to other sites.

I am still in favour of the best protection our server guys can come up with.

Vickylover.

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Internet is the jungle and anarchy, to be honest I like that and I hope it stays that way. Its freedom.

If they would use one of my pictures to make money out of it it would bother me but that contradicts with my first remark.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Vickylover wrote: I am still in favour of the best protection our server guys can come up with.
I am as well. I was the first to vote in the poll, and I voted for the first option.

INFORMATIONS