sexyrealsexdolls.com

Album Piracy/Photo Theft - RESOLVED & TBD

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.

What would you like to see in place?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Leave the current system in place until a more robust solution is in place
41%
Remove the current system and do not add piracy deterrence mechanisms in the future
50%
Other (please post)
9%

Total votes: 44

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Album Piracy/Photo Theft

Post by rentell »

playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

The reason why is I am not up to speed with what the current situation is but I am all for adding a non copy feature.
As was stated in a post above,.. so you cannot just right click and copy the pictures.

I would like to see a copy protect system in place so you can link your pics to a thread but you cannot copy from the album or post. somhow have the album/post password protected.
Just my thoughts.

Playtime.

Ditto and thanks Vanessa for the tutoril for the unaware of how to copy the pictures , very informative. :idea:

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

So since we all know that this new scheme does not work and hinders members from saving pictures easily as was done in the past, why is it still here? I hate going through the extra steps to save great images from the site.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

Never mind. Seems to be changed back to the way it used to be. Thanks. :mrgreen:
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Aren't free samples a form of advertising?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I don't know where I stand on this. As has already been remarked, anything that appears on your screen can easily be saved, as it is all stored in the temporary internet files folder. I myself have "hacked' pictures off of Flickr this way. And I'm no hacker, at least not by world standards, let alone those of cyberspace.

If someone wants your photo, they are going to get it. Although it does prevent the lazier and less knowledgeable from casual pilfering.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Szalinski wrote:If someone wants your photo, they are going to get it. Although it does prevent the lazier and less knowledgeable from casual pilfering.
Seems like that's the best we can do here. If the problem can't be eliminated, at least it can be lessened.
I do provide my doll photos for open sharing among members and lurkers alike. As long as there's always a way for members to share their full-size, full-res photos among themselves, I'll be satisfied.

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

Look, folks... here's the deal...

I'm a volunteer. I make my living as a consultant. I have multiple demands on my time, including a terminally ill parent. The overlay system was put in place by our webmaster because he felt it was the simplest way to slow down piracy so that we didn't have another realdollsex.ru on our hands. As soon as our webmaster told me he put the system into place, I made it clear to you all that it was a temporary solution until our webmaster had time to figure out how a relatively complicated piece of software functioned so he could put a system in place to allow everyone to share photos while making sure that it wasn't so easy to share them.

TDF actually costs Siliventurer and I both money. I actually calculated the time I put into keeping TDF running at one point and if I had been able to dedicate that time to paying clients, I would have made more than enough to purchase any silicone doll I wanted.

To see you all treat Siliventurer and I this way is extremely frustrating. It's enough to make me want to just throw my hands up and walk away and not care next time the server is compromised. We're doing the best we can for all of you. Every hour Siliventurer and I spend working on things costs us both quite a lot... Give us time to work and stop being so damn demanding, please.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey!
The "save the screen shot" solution works out great...then, you can just e-mail the image to yourself and it's there to do with what you will.
Synth..you are doing a great (and usually thankless) job...so....THANKS!!!!

Everybody, it seems, is dealing with situations that makes life a challenge to say the least. We should remember that.

All the energy and talent that goes into keeping this forum alive needs to be applauded.

I should have had more patience in this matter. Computers can be so frustrating!
You remind me that compassion is always a good thing.

Thanks again.... P

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

Didn't mean to offend, but you did ask for our opinions. I don't believe photo downloading should be restricted from members. Especially since there is no way to really stop it. Just my two cents. I wish synthyours the best with his current life situations.

dude69

Post by dude69 »

Vanessa wrote:When you upload a picture, it is public domain and everyone is free to copy, paste, save, spread it all over the web...
Nopes, that isnt true, any work of art being music, pictures or paintings are implicitly copyrighted by their creator (thats why I watermark a copyright in my pictures). The problem is nobody cares about copyright :) But thats ok if you accept that fact.
synthyours wrote:I'm a volunteer.
I'm an IT professional myself, and in my opinion you shouldnt waste your precious time on trying to prevent something that you just cant prevent. You say that the server is compromised? How is that? I thought only the copyright of the pictures was compromised. If you have a problem with a server being compromised because they are attacted or bandwidth is stolen, then there is a whole set of solutions available to prevent that.

BTW I'm sure we all deeply appreciate the effort you putting into this forum. Without guys like you it would exists!!! Thank you for that!
My Doll Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12454

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

synthyours wrote: To see you all treat Siliventurer and I this way is extremely frustrating. It's enough to make me want to just throw my hands up and walk away and not care next time the server is compromised. We're doing the best we can for all of you. Every hour Siliventurer and I spend working on things costs us both quite a lot... Give us time to work and stop being so damn demanding, please.
Just want to say that my comments weren't intended to beat you up over the overlay changes. I was just being an advocate for the less computer savvy users who found the new way to be cumbersome.

Being a techie, I can certainly understand the amount of work you guys have put into running TDF. All of us members and manufacturers owe you guys. Without this forum I probably wouldn't have decided on ordering a doll. So thank you for all the work you guys have done and please don't take my comments personally.

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

dude69 wrote: Nopes, that isnt true, any work of art being music, pictures or paintings are implicitly copyrighted by their creator (thats why I watermark a copyright in my pictures). The problem is nobody cares about copyright :) But thats ok if you accept that fact.
That's correct. In the US you hold the copyright to a work as soon as you create it. I think due to the Berne Convention it's much the same elsewhere.
synthyours wrote:I'm a volunteer.
I'm an IT professional myself, and in my opinion you shouldnt waste your precious time on trying to prevent something that you just cant prevent.

BTW I'm sure we all deeply appreciate the effort you putting into this forum. Without guys like you it would exists!!! Thank you for that![/quote]

The server isn't compromised, at least not currently. Our webmaster wanted to try and do something about the photo theft from realdollsex.ru; I tend not to get in his way when it's related to things like that; I'm a pretty old school UNIX admin and don't really do a whole lot of web development (I can, however, write a mean bash script). He has made some progress in figuring out where to go to make it easier for users to share photos with each other... Coppermine Gallery is just a messy and poorly documented piece of code.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I just tried linking to and saving some pictures, but I failed. The current defense mechanism is the best I have seen. I reckon 99 percent of photo theives will give up. Good work!

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey »

Everhard wrote:...The current defense mechanism is the best I have seen. I reckon 99 percent of photo theives will give up...
Now they have implemented it, then I hope you are right, but it took me less than 1 minut to nap one of your photos from your TDF album and cut away your mark.
I had no speciel software to do it - only used my keyboard, Paint and MS Picture Manager

If they want to nap a photo, then they will do it.
Napped photo from Everhard
Napped photo from Everhard
nappedfromeverhard02.jpg (56.44 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
I will of course remove the napped photo again from my pc
If you want it removed here, then I will edit this post too

MrGrey

8)

See my photo album ... .... here

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

No system is perfect. There will always be ways to get around any system designed to prevent piracy. Yes, you can screenshot a photo and then crop out the watermark, but that's not as easy as running programs to take the entire album.

INFORMATIONS