sexyrealsexdolls.com

Can't see replies - RESOLVED

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Can't see replies - RESOLVED

Post by r4m »

Hi - For a week or so, I have been experiencing an intermittent problem here on TDF. When I click on a thread with multiple pages and/or multiple replies, I only get part of the thread. For example, this thread, http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29005, has three pages and 27 replies, according to the Most Recent Posts page. Currently, I can only load 2 pages and 16 posts. This thread, http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29015, is supposed to have 2 pages and 10 replies, but I see one page and 5 posts.

I have the same problem on my RG's PC (XP service pack 3) as I have here on my PC (Vista service pack 2). I cleaned out my cookies using CCleaner. Same issue using IE8, Firefox 3.5.6, and Google Chrome. I had a similar experience a few months back on a political blog I frequent, where I could not see comments after they upgraded some software. It took them a week or so to figure it out and correct the issue. Please take a look. Thanks.
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Can't see replies

Post by r4m »

Am I the only one? Same problem, different day. :poop2:

Help! I need my TDF fix!
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Update. In Muzza's for sale thread, all I see is the error message:
No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.
No posts, no photos, nada. :cry:

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Bump.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Dear Admins,

Am I confused as to the purpose of the "Report Bugs" forum? I thought this was the place to post about bugs we were experiencing with the new forum software, and to communicate with the staff in search of resolution. Please advise. Thanks.

r4m

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

r4m, I have not been able to reproduce the same problem you are having with regards to the issue of incomplete threads. I have also had several other users load the threads you mentioned and all are able to see the complete threads. Given you have tried a variety of browsers and operating systems, I do not believe either is an issue.

However, with regards to the two computers you tried, are they both connected to the same internet provider? Somehow or another, something is truncating (cutting short) the transmission of data from our server to your computer which may be why you are only able to see half or none of the posts in a thread. If they are both connected to the same internet provider, I would give it a try on one more computer that does not use the same internet provider and see what the result is. If you get the same result, then I would register another new user account and test it with that on any of the computers you tried and see if the issue still happens. This would shed some light on whether your issue is related to your account or the delivery system of your internet provider as I currently do not believe it is an issue with our server given that many users have not been experiencing this same issue.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

siliventurer wrote:r4m, I have not been able to reproduce the same problem you are having with regards to the issue of incomplete threads. I have also had several other users load the threads you mentioned and all are able to see the complete threads. Given you have tried a variety of browsers and operating systems, I do not believe either is an issue.

However, with regards to the two computers you tried, are they both connected to the same internet provider? Somehow or another, something is truncating (cutting short) the transmission of data from our server to your computer which may be why you are only able to see half or none of the posts in a thread. If they are both connected to the same internet provider, I would give it a try on one more computer that does not use the same internet provider and see what the result is. If you get the same result, then I would register another new user account and test it with that on any of the computers you tried and see if the issue still happens. This would shed some light on whether your issue is related to your account or the delivery system of your internet provider as I currently do not believe it is an issue with our server given that many users have not been experiencing this same issue.
Hi Siliventurer,
Thanks for the reply. My RG and I do not live together (for now). We both have RoadRunner, but I think the problem is my TDF account. I am logged in as 'r4m' on Firefox, and I only see one page of the thread I link to in the first post. On Chrome, I am lurking and it has three pages. Additionally, I just loaded 4 separate threads with Chrome(lurking) and the same threads with FireFox(r4m). All of the Chrome threads loaded properly, and all of the FireFox threads were missing posts. I hope this narrows it down.
Thanks,
r4m

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I checked your account, and the only thing I noticed, that could be the cause of this, is that you set these options:

Display topics from previous days: 1 week

That means, it only shows you stuff that's been done in the last week.
On other accounts, that's set to: All Topics

Maybe you could try changing that in the "User Control Panel" - "Board Preferences" - "Edit Display Options", and see if it helps.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

AlexKnight wrote:I checked your account, and the only thing I noticed, that could be the cause of this, is that you set these options:

Display topics from previous days: 1 week

That means, it only shows you stuff that's been done in the last week.
On other accounts, that's set to: All Topics

Maybe you could try changing that in the "User Control Panel" - "Board Preferences" - "Edit Display Options", and see if it helps.
Vanessa used a term for this recently that I had not heard before, PEBKAC. Thank you for figuring out what I was doing wrong. :oops: I think I changed the settings in an attempt to expand the time period covered by the 'Most Recent Posts' page. It didn't work, and I forgot to change it back.

Cheers,
r4m

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Good to see that was the problem... I'll consider this resolved.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS