Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Wicked RealDoll announced.

The dolls manufactured by Abyss Creations in the likeness of Adult Film stars officially licensed through Wicked Pictures.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

Abyss wrote:Lower
flavortang wrote:
Abyss wrote: ps... I see people saying 10k and up it's going to be priced lower than that :)
It'll only be $9,000. lol
I wasn't knocking the potential price, actually. You're free to charge whatever you like. I'm sure the dolls will be rockin' and people will buy them even if they were $10,000. Mechadolls were $7-8,000 for awhile and people still bought them. If you have a good product, a high price is sensible and expected.

Richbeachgoer

Post by Richbeachgoer »

I dont think it was too unfair to bring up the subject of not being able to buy the faces for the wicked doll or any any other new faces when & if the new faces appear on RD2 list . Joe did say do if you have any comments or questions you would like to ask bring then up.. Well I asked him exactly what was on my mind. I bet the person buying the wicked doll will be able to change faces with the exsisting RD-2s and yet the people with the previous RD-2 cant buy the wicked face or any other new faces from the regular RD1 selection. If people want to buy the wicked face let them pay a higher price for the face and like I said I am stuck with the exsisting faces on the RD-2 list. I am not saying anything is wrong with the current RD-2 list but it would nice to have new faces on the RD-2 list soon. They have been saying they are getting new faces but is has been a while now. How much longer will it be?

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

Nope Matt is going to be working on new RD2 faces once he gets back from the AVN.
Richbeachgoer wrote:And it leaves the people who previously bought the Rd-2 thinking there would be new faces out int he cold for a long time
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

Richbeachgoer

Post by Richbeachgoer »

That make me feel pretty good that Matt will be working on new faces when he gets back from the Expo. Dose he have any idea which faces it might be from the Regular RDs . Will the new faces be comming from the regular RDs? Cant wait till you list the new Faces. I will be looking foward to see what they are. I am sure they will be perfect chioces

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

flavortang wrote:I wasn't knocking the potential price, actually. You're free to charge whatever you like. I'm sure the dolls will be rockin' and people will buy them even if they were $10,000. Mechadolls were $7-8,000 for awhile and people still bought them. If you have a good product, a high price is sensible and expected.
I agree, if I had the money to buy an exact silicone replica of Jessica Drake or Alektra Blue and sleep with her submissive sweetness every night, I'd pay it in a heartbeat (or as many heartbeats as it takes to place an order with my heart racing).

dbdoll
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dbdoll »

Waiting for Jenna Haze :-)

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

Not sure yet but we've hired a couple of new people recently!! We're always growing and expanding our family so hopefully we'll knock out a few new ones soon.
Richbeachgoer wrote:That make me feel pretty good that Matt will be working on new faces when he gets back from the Expo. Dose he have any idea which faces it might be from the Regular RDs . Will the new faces be comming from the regular RDs? Cant wait till you list the new Faces. I will be looking foward to see what they are. I am sure they will be perfect chioces
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I would like to see some of you name droppers linking to pictures. There are no AV (rental) stores anywhere near me. Not that I've seen any recent AV's that are worth watching anyway, which is why I gave up on them.

Although I did enjoy the satire someone made based on Star Trek: "Sex Trek - The Next Penetration". :wink:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

markaudess
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by markaudess »

I think it's important to be clear about the WickedDoll pricing. I was simply speculating about the $10,000 price tag. That's not even an educated guess. Abyss say's it's going to be lower than $9,000 and that's great news. It's really an exciting time for the Doll Industry.

I think the issue of expecting Abyss to keep making new doll faces available for older Doll's is sort of like buying a 2009 car and then expecting the 2010 Model's headlights to be available for your 2009 model.

What I know about the actual manufacturing of the RealDolls, is what HBO has shown me in their late night pieces. But what I do know, is that Abyss seems to be at the very cutting edge of this industry, and they are always innovating, and in ways we don't always know about.

For example, when Jenny Densuke recently returned for her trip to the AVN Awards, she looks identical to when I saw her last, but she came back stronger and faster. Smoother, and more agile. Weird terms when talking about a Doll, I know. But it's the truth. Such a drastic improvement as a performer that we were inclined to ask Abyss.

I'm not going to comment on what they told me, because I'm not even sure I should. I'll just say the term 'Prototype' was used.

My point is, for the amount of research and development and man hours that went into creating the first RealDoll back in the 90's, Matt and his team could have easily popped them out in bulk and continued to do so today. But instead, the company chooses to innovate and develop and grow, and to me, that's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. I think this 'Wicked Doll' line is just the beginning.

- Mark

(No, I don't work for RealDoll)
Maddy G Productions

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Realdoll announced a while ago, that they were going to make a generic doll that folk could buy off the "rack". This would have reduced delivery time to around a month, I guess.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Richbeachgoer

Post by Richbeachgoer »

What would a genaric doll look like? Dose that mean the dolls would be pre- made? Would it be the same as the RDs and RD2s?

Richbeachgoer

Post by Richbeachgoer »

Will the wicked doll be exactly like the RD2s? Will the wicked doll have more features then the previous Real Dolls? Can you take the face off the wicked doll?

Richbeachgoer

Post by Richbeachgoer »

I think of Abyss its the oblication to its previous customers who bought the RD-2 promising everyone that there will be more faces after you buy the doll. It would be bad for the reputation of Abyss then to say we are not making any new faces for the previous RD-2 buyers. Its like I bought a 2009 car then when the 2010 models come out the car comapny says we arent making any new parts for the model 2009 cars and leaving them stranded out in the cold

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Richbeachgoer wrote:What would a genaric doll look like? Dose that mean the dolls would be pre- made? Would it be the same as the RDs and RD2s?
Abyss might have given up on this idea, as I have not heard anything more about it. I think it was first muted in an early issue of "Doll Street Journal" the links are on their web site.

It would be a standard doll - not a custom made doll.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Richbeachgoer wrote:I think of Abyss its the obligation to its previous customers who bought the RD-2 promising everyone that there will be more faces after you buy the doll. It would be bad for the reputation of Abyss then to say we are not making any new faces for the previous RD-2 buyers. Its like I bought a 2009 car then when the 2010 models come out the car company says we aren't making any new parts for the model 2009 cars and leaving them stranded out in the cold
And what about the RD-1 (face X) owners? Or the one piece Real Doll owners? Or the original latex Real Doll owners? :wink:

Seriously, I think the Wickeds will most likely be built upon the latest RD model (RD-2) and so by default will be compatible with the bodies, if for no other reason than it will be a LOT less complicated and expensive then retooling for a whole new 3rd design. As I understand it they are also working out of a small shop as well, so storage will also be a factor.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS