DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

PIB Review: Updated 12/10/09

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
priceritchie2010

Post by priceritchie2010 »

Your dolls are looking great! I always thought I recognized the slightly-exaggerated style in which you design your faces and it finally came to me. They look like some of those adult-oriented cartoons from the 80s and 90s, like Cool World or Fire and Ice. Very stylish and cool.[/quote]

Wow! You were right. The blonde one from Cool World, I can definitely see a resemblence to Bella.
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11888

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Biotrox, Patrick

IMO its a wonderfull and beautifull doll.
The hands and the feet with that fine detail are amazing IMO.
Regarding the seams, yes I think, judging on photo's these are simular as on other high end dolls, certainly not worse, these are IMO as they are when the molding process works very well (as small as possible).

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

priceritchie2010 wrote:Your dolls are looking great! I always thought I recognized the slightly-exaggerated style in which you design your faces and it finally came to me. They look like some of those adult-oriented cartoons from the 80s and 90s, like Cool World or Fire and Ice. Very stylish and cool.
Wow! You were right. The blonde one from Cool World, I can definitely see a resemblence to Bella.

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=2950[/quote]

Definitely! Only better, because Bella is in 3D. :D

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

toonist wrote:If I can tear myself away from "It's a Wonderful Life" I'll get back to working on the new Isis head mold. P
Woooooo! The new Isis head mold! I can't wait to see it!
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

priceritchie2010

Incognito wrote:
toonist wrote:If I can tear myself away from "It's a Wonderful Life" I'll get back to working on the new Isis head mold. P
Woooooo! The new Isis head mold! I can't wait to see it!
I'm sure you've probably already seen this pic from the PIB manufacturer section, the initial sculpt from months ago.
Yup, in silicone, Isis is gonna be a REAL beauty!

My Doll Album

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Actually, that was the original sculpt. He made some changes, resculpted and posted them in the gallery too. It looks completely different. I and apparently many others fell in love with the original sculpt, so I emailed Patrick and let him know. He said he'd check the pictures and "try to go for the original look", but it may not look exactly the same. That's why I really want to see it after he pours one. I know it will be great either way, but I'm really hoping that it will be fairly close to the original concept (as shown in the picture posted). I have a feeling that Isis will be the first head that I get either way.

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

I adored the original sculpt too. I can't imagine it getting any better. I like it just the way it is (or was). But Eden is quite lovely to me as well. I wonder which other of his head shots are scupts instead of the final mold. I hope his pic of Gaia is the actual product.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

priceritchie2010

Incognito wrote:Actually, that was the original sculpt. He made some changes, resculpted and posted them in the gallery too. It looks completely different. I and apparently many others fell in love with the original sculpt, so I emailed Patrick and let him know. He said he'd check the pictures and "try to go for the original look", but it may not look exactly the same. That's why I really want to see it after he pours one. I know it will be great either way, but I'm really hoping that it will be fairly close to the original concept (as shown in the picture posted). I have a feeling that Isis will be the first head that I get either way.
For some reason, in my own mind, I see Isis looking her hottest if she had long dark brown to almost black hair, minimal curl in it, and deep victorian blue eyes.

WOW, she'd look amazing to me like that!!!!

Yup, I'll be buying different PIB heads in the future, for sure!

:lol:
My Doll Album

priceritchie2010

uch wrote:I adored the original sculpt too. I can't imagine it getting any better. I like it just the way it is (or was). But Eden is quite lovely to me as well. I wonder which other of his head shots are scupts instead of the final mold. I hope his pic of Gaia is the actual product.
It is. I actually did see a finished Gaia at his shop. That's what it looks like for sure.
FYI, all of the head shots on the actual PIB website are finished molds.
My Doll Album

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
I posted a pic in the doll album which shows the Isis head revised before molding. I am opening the mold today of the first silicone casting. Always fun to have something new to play with. She will definitely have oral capability.
She's a blend of Raquel Welch and Sharon Stone....that's who I see in her. P

priceritchie2010

Once you have that Isis mold ready, hows about using this same wig, pop in some victorian blue eyes....for reasons you and I already have talked about....point her toward the camera. and take a few pics.
I already have a pretty good idea what that is gonna look like too!

OMG!

My Doll Album

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Actually, that picture is on page 5 of the album and was posted in August '09, so its a picture of the original sculpt. The new sculpt is on page 4 and was posted December 18th '09. Here it is...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... t=0&pos=97

After comparing the two pictures side by side there are only slight differences. Everyone is different, so what I view as a "slight difference" may mean the world to someone else. Among these differences are the shape of the eyes, the "indentation" in the bottom lip, and the thickness of the eyebrows. I suspect that the eyebrows thickness can be changed, but I may be wrong. The change I like the most is the shorter height of the eyes (a light squint). It gives her that "I want you right here right now look". Lovely work Patrick. As I said before, the Isis head will probably be the first head I get with my PIB. I can't wait to see what the actual silicone head looks like (hopefully with a long blonde wig like the original pictures.....wink wink nudge nudge @ Patrick)

fizz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Image??

Post by fizz »

What happened Cog'? There's "no image to display". I would be interested in seeing it. Pat' does some marvelous creating, always worth a good look.

Thanks....
fizz

fuji

Post by fuji »

Slight differences, yes... But I must admit it changes a lot for me! I was totally in love with the first version of Isis, especially because of her expression. Now, I found her more "artificial" and common... She is a beauty, of course, but not of my type (exactly as Raquel Welsh)... :( This is principaly due to the redesigning of her superior lips I think. Maybe cause of the short wig too... But it's just a matter of tastes, just my opinion... And I'll wait the silicone version and more pics of her to make me a "definitive idea"...

And here are the pics of the new and old version, for comparison:
Image Image

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for posting those! I couldn't figure out how to do it because it has been so long since I have posted pictures from the doll album. Anyway, I think the short wig has a lot to do with the initial difference in looks that everyone notices. I think that with the same lighting, and same wig as the first Isis she will look very similar. The skin tone of the silicone head will also dictate how close to the original concept it will look. The original is obviously fair skinned.

INFORMATIONS