DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

PIB Review: Updated 12/10/09

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

And tumbling back into the original post.......... :)

Biotrox, thanks for the review, very illuminating.

And now to the question which hope you can answer.

In your review you mention that the doll cannot stand whereas we RD owners can use a device on a neckbolt to suspend them.

So do I take it there is no method for "hanging" the doll, maybe it is an option perhaps?

And I am curious as to the skeletal frame work, from what I understand there are no mechanical joints and from various comments I have read from other owners, "She bends like a Gumby doll"!

As I am from the other side of the planet really not to sure what a Gumby is but google saves the day.
Does that mean that for instance the leg, is the whole length of the leg bendy or is there rigidity between elastic type of joints , hence her inability to hold a pose?

I am attempting to save for a new doll and one of these dolls is on a short list so it would be useful if you could answer the queries.

Nearer the time I will contact Patrick and get a full specification.

Biotrox

Post by Biotrox »

rentell wrote:And tumbling back into the original post.......... :)

Biotrox, thanks for the review, very illuminating.

And now to the question which hope you can answer.

In your review you mention that the doll cannot stand whereas we RD owners can use a device on a neckbolt to suspend them.

So do I take it there is no method for "hanging" the doll, maybe it is an option perhaps?

And I am curious as to the skeletal frame work, from what I understand there are no mechanical joints and from various comments I have read from other owners, "She bends like a Gumby doll"!

As I am from the other side of the planet really not to sure what a Gumby is but google saves the day.
Does that mean that for instance the leg, is the whole length of the leg bendy or is there rigidity between elastic type of joints , hence her inability to hold a pose?

I am attempting to save for a new doll and one of these dolls is on a short list so it would be useful if you could answer the queries.

Nearer the time I will contact Patrick and get a full specification.
Hi, was on a vacation.

The joints in the elbow and knees articulate fairly well and will hold a position. The joints are not bolted, however, so they won't support their own weight.

As far as hanging the doll, I think you can order a neck bolt on the PIB models but am not sure.

As far as the limbs being bendy, the entire length does not bend. It's just that the shoulders and waist have a flexibile nature to them that their movement kind of resembles a Gumby doll, in a sense.

Regarding Gumby, it was a cheesy animatronic cartoon we watched as kids in the 70's, only because there was nothing else on. :o They also sold cheesy gumby dolls that resembled silly putty shaped like a mashed stick figure. It bends and contorts very easy. Gumby had a sidekick called pokey, who somewhat resembled a mutant dog that lived too close to a nuclear reactor. Also, Sautrday Night Live/Edie Murphy fans know who gumby is. "My name is Gumby, damnit." :lol:

priceritchie2010

Post by priceritchie2010 »

Since a PIB has always been primarily designed for sex, a hook or stand was really unnecessary according to what Pat has told me.
I think he might specially install a hook if someone really wants one, but I don't believe he offers any stands for them.
Logically, hanging them from a hook on a stand seems like a little easier way to dress them tho. But it's fairly easy without a hook too.
Or if someone wants to take some standing erect pics and photoshop out the whole hook/stand thing afterwards.
But since they are mainly designed for sex and not posing, and it's perfectly safe to store them lying around all comfy in a bed or on a couch, or even hidden in a closet seated in a padded folding chair, plus there is no heavy wooden box used for shipping that could later be used as a hanging storage unit for the doll....very little advantage for a hook with a PIB.
Since the heads come off, the hook would have to go down thru the center of the neck stalk, then hung up headless....ewww. The hook link would then have to me unscrewable to remove it before slipping the head down onto the neck stalk.
But hey, this is Pat we're talking about here. If someone wants it, he'll likely make one that way...:)
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11888

snake53
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by snake53 »

Hey priceritchie

I thought I would need one to store the doll in a cupboard when I have to hide her, which won't be very often. I ordered a neck bolt for my PIB but after reading your post I have asked Patrick for advice. Of course it may be too late to change that as the doll will be shipped in a few days.

Thanks for the tips.

snake
[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11979]My PIB Doll Album[/url]

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Thanks Biotrox for the reply.

Read the whole of Patrick's website and a hook is available as an extra..

We used to have toys called Bendy toys over here, they had a wire frame in them just like Gumbys so I get your drift.

Look forward to seeing some more of your pics when you get the inspiration.

Have a pleasant holiday , Ray.

Biotrox

Post by Biotrox »

rentell wrote:Thanks Biotrox for the reply.

Read the whole of Patrick's website and a hook is available as an extra..

We used to have toys called Bendy toys over here, they had a wire frame in them just like Gumbys so I get your drift.

Look forward to seeing some more of your pics when you get the inspiration.

Have a pleasant holiday , Ray.
Thanks, you have a good holiday as well.

Have been on vacation and really haven't had time to take photos. Getting my ski legs back in shape. :D

priceritchie2010

snake53 wrote:Hey priceritchie

I thought I would need one to store the doll in a cupboard when I have to hide her, which won't be very often. I ordered a neck bolt for my PIB but after reading your post I have asked Patrick for advice. Of course it may be too late to change that as the doll will be shipped in a few days.

Thanks for the tips.

snake
Yup. It's probably way too late now. Once that bolt assembly is put in place and the silicone is poured, there is NO getting it out afterwards.
I imagine he has the hook at the top where it cleanly disconnects, and the wig would cover that up. So no biggie. You'll never see it until the wig is removed.
Seriously, if I wanted to hide a PIB when not in use, the cheap padded folding chair inside a closet idea is about the best I can think of. She stays in a sitting position for a long time without any damage. I'd still put a soft pillow under her butt, and maybe behind her back too, just before sitting her in the chair. Just to be sure that no compression of the silicone occurs, due to her weight being in one position for extended periods of time. Toss a sheet over her, close the door.
I don't let my guests go thru my closets, so it's a good hiding place if you need one.

I won't ever hide my doll tho. Never. I already wrote about that on other forums here. If people can't accept that I have a lifesize and beautiful piece of art....screw THEM! It's their problem. Leave and don't come back.
But that's just me. I don't care what ppl think of me.
But both my parents are deceased, no family hanging around here. Just a few friends here and there, and they already know that I'm...uh....different. Yeah, that's a nice way of wording it.. :)
My Doll Album

snake53
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by snake53 »

I got a reply from Patrick:

"The neck bolt aparatus we have created actually works at the back of the neck at the junction of the shoulders. It' s a bit of a pain to make to tell you the truth. It really will be fine to just keep her on a soft chair whenever it may be necessary for her to be stored."

Thanks to priceritchie and Patrick I decided that I didn't really need a neck bolt and fortunately it wasn't too late for me to change my mind. I bought a lightweight folding wheel chair for my PIB to help move her around, so I can use that if I have to lock her away.

Hiding her will be necessitated by visits from parents and daughters who come to stay with me occasionally. Maybe one day I might be game enough to introduce them to dolly, but not sure about that one.
[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11979]My PIB Doll Album[/url]

priceritchie2010

snake53 wrote:I got a reply from Patrick:

"The neck bolt aparatus we have created actually works at the back of the neck at the junction of the shoulders. It' s a bit of a pain to make to tell you the truth. It really will be fine to just keep her on a soft chair whenever it may be necessary for her to be stored."

Thanks to priceritchie and Patrick I decided that I didn't really need a neck bolt and fortunately it wasn't too late for me to change my mind. I bought a lightweight folding wheel chair for my PIB to help move her around, so I can use that if I have to lock her away.

Hiding her will be necessitated by visits from parents and daughters who come to stay with me occasionally. Maybe one day I might be game enough to introduce them to dolly, but not sure about that one.
Oh good, that's wonderful! Pat's new bolt design is obviously alot different from what most other ones are like. I'm so glad there was still time to change it!
He had emailed me the details today about his new bolt dealio, after I wrote my previous posts on it. It's such a simple design, yet perfectly functional. But it does seem a pain to make as he said.
Continuing brilliant notions from our amazing artist!
When he first started taking about possible new bolt designs, I was down and out for a week with a terrible flu. Spending alot of time on the toilet....the place where most men do their BEST thinking anyway. I'd take a regular yellow legal pad and pencil with me to the bathroom, and draw out some bolt designs based on PIB's as I knew them to be.
His new design as he described it to me sounds alot like the 3rd one I came up with too. I can't wait to see it in person, to see just how similar it appears and functions.
Like I told him, he ain't the only smart cookie in the bag around here... :D
My Doll Album

anaboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wow !

Post by anaboy »

Before this review I had only seen the images in the PIB webpage and was quite disapointed about the realism down under there.
But what I see here is definitely on par with the other options out there.
I'd suggest the PIB webpage detail images be update quite soon.

Now , if this bundle of real joy would be nice and warm at night, I'd be sold. Given that I have some doubts about the nightly comfort of "poseable" skeletons.
Hint: low voltage heater cable. Its self regulating to some extend and flexible. In conjunction with a adjustable power supply, 20-30W should suffice to do the job.

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

PIBs actually don't have posable skeletons. It makes them more flexible than most (if not all) other dolls. As far as warming the doll goes I hear that many use an electric blanket. Some who want her warm at a certain time (say bed time) use a timer that plugs into the wall to turn the blanket on an hour or two before.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
Actually, I just sent in some nice new pics of our dolls private areas so the website can be updated. I should have sent them in sooner. As we've completely changed the look of that priceless area...
I just finished a new, smallest yet, labia option. My assistant now thinks I have a thing for sculpting labias...(maybe I do!) We also have a new way to intrinsically color them that is amazingly realistic.
also...we now have a way to add an interior heating element. I think we'll just charge an extra $120. for that. The cord will come out of the top of the neck "stump" and hide under the head. I just had a piece ordered with the plug barely showing from behind the head. yea!
Winter is nicer with a warm companion...Best, P

priceritchie2010

Incognito wrote:PIBs actually don't have posable skeletons. It makes them more flexible than most (if not all) other dolls. As far as warming the doll goes I hear that many use an electric blanket. Some who want her warm at a certain time (say bed time) use a timer that plugs into the wall to turn the blanket on an hour or two before.
A fitted mattress pad that heats from underneath is a great thing to get too. Plus, on these cold winter nights, it feels great for ME to crawl into a pre-warmed bed too.
My Doll Album

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

Thats a great idea pricerichie. If the doll is covered properly, that might work even better than an electric blanket.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

toonist wrote:Hi,
Actually, I just sent in some nice new pics of our dolls private areas so the website can be updated. I should have sent them in sooner. As we've completely changed the look of that priceless area...
I just finished a new, smallest yet, labia option. My assistant now thinks I have a thing for sculpting labias...(maybe I do!) We also have a new way to intrinsically color them that is amazingly realistic.
also...we now have a way to add an interior heating element. I think we'll just charge an extra $120. for that. The cord will come out of the top of the neck "stump" and hide under the head. I just had a piece ordered with the plug barely showing from behind the head. yea!
Winter is nicer with a warm companion...Best, P
Wow! Get out of here! Did anyone else catch that? Forget the blanket and heater pad, we can get an internally heated doll! I swear Patrick, by the time I'm able to place my order your dolls will have so many options that I won't know what to do with myself. That is a good thing of course. Keep up the great work.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

INFORMATIONS