SexDollAmerica.com

New Improved "Recent Posts" Menu Block

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

What do you think of the new size of the Forum Title segment of the "Recent Posts" menu block?

I like the new larger size. Keep it this way!
73%
I liked it when it was smaller. Change it back!
No votes
What menu? What size change? (What forum? What's my name???)
27%

Total votes: 11

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

New Improved "Recent Posts" Menu Block

Post by Ishtaria »

I've made some additional modifications to the "Recent Posts" block ("block" = "side menu thingy").

It will now show you all of the forums which you have access rights to. So, for example, if you are a member of the "Japanese Doll Group" it will now show up in its proper place on the Recent Posts block. If you are now a member of that group, it will not show up.

I've also increased the size of the forum title so that people have an easier time finding them. If enough people vote against the increased size of the forum title I'll switch it back.
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

BTW, I still have the "New" and "Announcements" forums omitted from the Recent Posts block. Since there is "almost never" anything new posted in them, and since they show up at the top of the forums, and since they don't have anything to do with the "stuff" that folks come here to see, I assumed that nobody would want them showing up at the top of the block. :)

Ish

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Hey the size looks good. Keep it like that. I would enlarge the Main Menu section, right where it says Forums. Just make the word = Forums bigger. About the size of the recent posts thingy! :wink:

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Corben,

Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't have control over how the "Main Menu" block looks unless I start screwing with the actually programming of th PHP-Nuke system. I'm trying to avoid that because the more you change the code, the more that needs to be done when the software is updated...

I just tried adding the "<B>" or BOLD HTML TAG in the name and it did two things:
1) made the menu item appear darker
2) forced it to sort up to the top, underneath "Home"

I can't change the size because it is controlled by the style sheet of the theme the user is set to.

Maybe this change will help?

Ish

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hey, Ish!

Works for me. I noticed the bolder "Forums" instantly, and wondered what that was about. (Thanks for explaining the _why_...)

I think the larger headers are O.K. - but I don't use that sector much. I go to forums/posts since your last visit and settle in for a good read & catch up. Then I check the coppermine member gallery for any nice treats that may have been posted.

~B.

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

:wink: Hey Ish, the Forums word in BOLD looks great. It really stands out. Nice job! :wink: Did you catch up on your rest? :wink:

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Paleonaturist,
Paleonaturist wrote:Works for me. I noticed the bolder "Forums" instantly, and wondered what that was about. (Thanks for explaining the _why_...)

I think the larger headers are O.K. - but I don't use that sector much. I go to forums/posts since your last visit and settle in for a good read & catch up. Then I check the coppermine member gallery for any nice treats that may have been posted.
Yeah, I tend to use the forum's index page a lot more then the side bar thingy I wrote. The "forums/posts since your last visit" option is extremely useful. I'm glad that you're using it (I don't think many people do).

Thanks,
Ish

What surprised me was that a lot of people were using the side bar exclusively (I hadn't expected that). This was what convinved me that I needed to rewrite it and make it more usable.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Corben,

I went comotose last night. It was great sleeping 12 hours straight for a change. :)

INFORMATIONS