betterlovedoll.com

ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE FORUMS

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE FORUMS

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Everybody,

One thing that did not survive the conversion from the old forum to the new one is the "membership" to the Private Forum and Ladies Lounge.

I had to set up their access restrictions manually. I will be able to add everyone who had access to them before as I can extract this information from the old forums. But it is going to take me a day or so to accomplish this. But it is on my "too do" list so please be do not freak if you find that you can not access either of those forums.

Thanks,
Ish

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE FORUMS

Post by Inkling »

Now, I <i>did</i> read everything. I tried for about half an hour to login but couldn't. They sent me password. Password was/is different. I really liked the new look until I actually tried to use it.<p>I thought capital letters were allowed? Can I change inkling to Inkling?<p>Other than new complicated password, I think things work okay now. Were some passwords changed?<p>I know a lot of work was put into this. Thank you! Um, one other question: different lines of text appear in different sizes. Um, do I have to specify font size in HTML?
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Inkling,

The reason that your password was changed is because you requested a new password. That is what happens when you have the password sent to you. It creates a new one.

The reason that it creates a new one is because the passwords are encrypted when stored. There is no way that your existing password can be retrieved. For example, here is your current password "e209a14d3d51fb585b80c04d0b574d7c" (I just got it out of the database).

The reason that the system "knows" it is you when you type in your password is because it takes what you enter, and then encrypts it, and then checks to see if the encryption result matches the "thingy" above.

You can change your password back to anything that you want to. Just select:

1) "Your Account"

2) then select "My Info"

3) enter your new password on the next screen

4) be sure to press the submit button at the bottom of the screen

5) Done! :)

Inkling wrote:I thought capital letters were allowed? Can I change inkling to Inkling?
But your name is already in first letter uppercase. :lol:

Ish ;)
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Ishtaria wrote:Inkling,

The reason that your password was changed is because you requested a new password.
<p>Password would not work before change. That was the problem. I've updated profile for easier password. Everything works okay now. It was a real pain at first, though.<br><b>
But your name is already in first letter uppercase. :lol:
Ish ;)</b><br>"Inkling" would not work as a User Name until I updated profile. It <i>read</i> "Inkling" but I had to use "inkling". Everything works fine now after Update on profile, which I did before seeing this response of yours.<p>I was <i>not</i> being an idiot. Nothing worked right.<p>Anyway, thank you for all your efforts and your response. Um, except the LOL part.<p>Star Wars scene on Millenium Falcon: "It's not my fault!" :)

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Inkling,

I don't think you're an idiot. I've just been up for 36 hours finishing this, and have gotten 38 PMs so far. Most of them were about stuff that is already posted. I'm just a little punchy right now. :D

I don't know why it forced you to use lower case. The usernames are not case sensitive (seriously).

Anyway, glad it's working for you now. :)

Ish

DrJ

"new forum"

Post by DrJ »

1. old user name/pwd does not work ! (not a mtter of caps).
2. Can't change it as can't log on
3. can't create new profile as "It" sees my email addr and tells me I already have a logon
4. can't get a job till ya get in the union and can't get in the union till ya get a job
5. NBD for me as I rarely post but for others......
6. seems like a lot of new rules

I am sure this is all a lot of work for Ish etc but.....
the "old" forum setup seemed to work fine without all the bells and whistles

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

DrJ,
DrJ wrote:I am sure this is all a lot of work for Ish etc but.....
the "old" forum setup seemed to work fine without all the bells and whistles
You were having <A HREF="modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2589&&p=25375#25375" TARGET="_blank">login problems</A> on the old system too.

Caps do not matter but any additional characters in your username do matter. The period in your user name is the difference between getting in and not getting in.

I just logged into your account using your username and password from the old system. So I am sure here is nothing wrong. Try it again using your exact name.

Also, read the instructions for logging in on the front page. :)

Ish

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Ishtaria wrote:Hi Inkling,

I don't think you're an idiot.
I had read all your posts about how people don't read shit, and found them amusing. I was not able to post even in Open Forum until things were fixed. I tried different User Name and Bogus e-mail when all else failed, but then browser gave an Illegal Operation and shut down. If I had been the way you were predicting in people don't read shit posts, then I would have been an idiot.<p>In original post, I was being brief and unclear. I was thinking someone might need to be told about any glitches and that maybe someone else was having same problem.<p>There are positive things to say about both presentations of TDF. I like the color, because stark white gets hard on my no-so-good eyes after a while. Like with own systems with Windoze, I've Luminosity turned down from 240 to 215 in Display Properties Appearance page.<p>I know you've put a lot of work in. I've always said (IRL), if it's free, then you've no right to bitch.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

It might be my software is too old to handle PHPNuke very well??? I tried to vote on question on Home page (what doll you like), but when I clicked Vote button, browser gave me an Illegal Operation Error and shut down. I'm using Windoze Explorer 5 point something with the 128-bit encryption installed. So maybe older browser is problem?? I dunno...<p>It is later. I've gotten total of four Illegal Operations. I'm getting the heck out of here before this happens again... :(

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

my subject? what? what? what? what? what? what?

Post by Corben_99 »

:lol: O.k. I'm admitting again, I haven't read anything. I'm just lurking here by the whim of chance. :lol: :wink:

Damn it! It's Miller Time. :twisted: O.k. here's one of my stories. This ones for you Ish.

This reminds me of this dude I knew in high school. He was slow. He wasn't retarded or anything. But just really slow.

His name was Able. He was one of these dudes who had a big green snotty booger on the outside of his nostrils, all dried up all the time 24 hours a day. His favorite expression was the word: WHAT?

You could always count on an answer in class by Able if he was called upon. And his commen answer was the word: WHAT?

I mean you could always ask him things about life, food, whatever ,and his response was: WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

Anyways, I saw him not to long ago. He lives in the next town.

I was driving by his home, at a high rate speed. I was doing like 70 in a 25 mph zone.

Anyways being the dangerous bastard I am. I saw Able sitting outside, on this GIANT Pile of DIRT, with a shovel in his lap. He was sitting indian style.

I slammed on the breaks, and made a U turn. I pulled up to his yard, and rolled down my window.

I asked Able, hey man, what are you doing?

He just looked at me, with his big smile, and started talking to me in his special language it went something like zphapzhopazhapp aopzhapzhappzhapzhpahap. something like that.

I asked him again in English. Hey Able where did you get all this dirt?

He looked at me smiling, and proceeded to pick his nose for like 5 minutes straight.

So I aked him again. Hey Able, where did you get all this Dirt????

He looked up at me, with a sign of recognition on his face. And told me:

WHAT, DIRT????

AT this point I backed up and took off. :twisted:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: my subject? what? what? what? what? what? what?

Post by Inkling »

Corben_99 wrote::lol: O.k. I'm admitting again, I haven't read anything. I'm just lurking here by the whim of chance. :lol: :wink:

Damn it! It's Miller Time. :twisted: O.k. here's one of my stories.
What?? :? :)

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Corben,

That story is TOO FUNNY!!! :lol:

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Inkling,

Try running "Disk Scan" on your hard drives. It sounds like something is trashed.

What browser/version are you using?

Ish

Nada

Post by Nada »

Ishtaria wrote:Inkling,

Try running "Disk Scan" on your hard drives. It sounds like something is trashed.

What browser/version are you using?

Ish

... Very good answer, Ish... I had to re-install MIE 5, many, many times... But now, I am using MIE 6.0 and Life is a little bit better. :)

(But, BTW, is "Cookies being On", required for Voting on your new TDF Forum?)

Sometimes Voting software will register a Voter to prevent Ballot Box STUFFING... :cool:

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Nada,

The voting does use cookies, but to even get to them you must have cookies on anyway. That's how the system tracks your login from screen to screen.

Personally, I thought live was easier when Microsoft was still on Windows 95. In 98 they "unfixed" some things that I didn't like. In Windows "Me" everything crashes. And I am terrified to move to "XL" because I am told you need to start from scratch. (Some of what is on my hard drive was installed a loooong time ago. :)

Ish

INFORMATIONS