Starpery.com

Did any of you see this... Sex Robot.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

I think too that this bot is real Deusbot.

I think people with some programming knowledge can build a simple actroid if they buy the following parts.

1 times a face
http://www.androidworld.com/prod66.htm

2 times an arm
http://www.androidworld.com/prod61.htm

Together a lot money, 17000 US$, but for people who want to have such thing it may be do-able.
When I see wat e.g. welding robots can do I wonder if there are reasons why not one can build a sex bot.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

r0tw4ng
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by r0tw4ng »

I agree that this bot is "real."

As already observed, the motion of the wig rules out stop motion animation. Also, the powered movements of the joints appear too fluid for stop motion.

The proportions of the body and rigidity of the limbs rule out a person in a suit. In particular, the arm motion at the beginning of the video - the arm translates through the shoulder joint while the elbow, wrist and hands remain rigid.

Also, the right foot tether suggests that power and control are both offboard. My guess would be that the joints are actuated using AC motors running directly off of mains current. They are probably switched offboard using relays or power MOSFETs.

I say mains power because strong AC motors are cheaper and smaller than their DC counterparts, and because once you decide to use a tethered approach, AC mains power makes more sense. With higher voltage, lower current is required, reducing the need for large, heavy, expensive conductors to carry power to the motors.

On the one hand, the tech demonstrated in the video is less impressive than it at first appeared. On the other hand, it's a viable, practical approach; the only immediate downside - other than the tether - is the safety concern raised by using mains power (if indeed they are).

Gearhead

Post by Gearhead »

We are looking at the future of dolls...

The technology for this and much, much more is here now. Japan, China and Korea are already making robots more advanced than the one in this clip.

Honda's Asimo can run and climb up/down stairs, Toyota has a robot that can play the violin and Murata can ride a bicycle. Though not a biped, Mitsubishi is already leasing robotic receptionists for $25k/year. The Japanese Robotics Institute has an AI "head on a plate" that can read from a book, solve math problems hand written on a sheet of paper, form 13,000 sentences and learn anything you care to teach it.

The robots most DF members would be interested in are gynoids (robots made in female form). The most advanced gynoids are the Repliee Q series and EveR 1 and 2.

There are lots of good clips on all of the above on YouTube.

INFORMATIONS