www.yourdoll.com

Doll for dressing up

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
ttm

Doll for dressing up

Post by ttm »

Hi all!

First time poster, and (hopefully) future doll owner, so not sure if this is the right place, feel free to redirect me.

The question I have is a little bit the other way round, as it's not that I'm looking for clothes, but about getting a doll that still fits clothing that's (relatively) easy to get.

1. I have a fairly major clothes fetish (everything that emphasizes the female form, from frilly dresses to shiny tight fitting latex clothing, so I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying a lot of stuff)
2. In general I find shorter women more attractive (was thinking of buying a doll that's 150-odd cm because of that), but with narrow waist and wide hips (90-100cm).

So, I think it may be easier for me to buy a doll that will fit the clothing than trying to fit the clothing to the doll, as such, I've been wondering what are the ranges of the three sizes for the doll that allow to buy off the shelf clothing, but are still on the small-ish size with an hourglass form.

Looking at typical sizing in EU, even 60cm waists require XS or even XXS clothes, which are generally not stocked. On the other hand, 100cm hips are on the upper side of the M sizes. Does it mean that for pants, only XS stuff that's really stretchy will fit? What about skirts? Just buy stuff for the narrow waist and ignore hip sizes?

Looking at dolls, majority around the 150cm height have 50cm waists. Are there places that sell such small sizes? Or I really shouldn't even look at any dolls with waists smaller than 60-, maybe 58, cm if I plan to buy clothing for it?

Or should I buy one that's slightly taller? I really wouldn't like to buy one that's more than 160cm, if for no other reason than weight... But if a 158 cm one will make clothing fit much better, I think I would be quite happy with such slightly larger too.

Or should I expect that even with a slightly larger doll I'll need to become a seamster to have tight-fitting clothes?

stertla
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Doll for dressing up

Post by stertla »

You're right that finding clothes that fit well with doll dimensions is hard, particularly getting a tight waist.

You kind of have to buy big enough to fit boobs and hips, otherwise you won't get them on, but that will leave a loose waist. Clothes which stretch helps help a lot, but even then it's going to be a bit loose in the waist. One thing you can do is, if you like it, is to add an underbust corset to tighten around the waist. Make sure to get the smallest size of corset to be able to tighten it enough.

If it's a flaring skirt, then it can work to buy size according to waist. But then it can be a challenge to get it past the hips/butt when putting it on, unless it has a zipper which goes all the way. That is a actually a good tip for anything, if it has zipper or buttons which goes all the way it makes it much easier to put on. Best fitting skirts I've found have been elastic, and also had lacing in the side which allow for a lot of adjustments.

An option I've used is to modify the clothing by sewing in the waist. Or easier, add some snap buttons to tighten it. Adding snap buttons is very quick and easy to do. Though won't look as good as if it was made for the correct waist size.

For reference my doll has measurements 87 - 58 - 95, and I usually buy sizes S for tops, and M or even L for skirts and pants.

Some things which have worked well for me, bought from Shine:
Lacing corset:
corset.jpg
corset.jpg (91.77 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Stretchy clothes:
stretch.jpg
stretch.jpg (182 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Lacing:
lacing.jpg
lacing.jpg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Lacing and stretchy:
stretch-lace.jpg
stretch-lace.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Oh, and a warning, strong colors (black, red, blue) may stain the skin of the doll, particularly TPE dolls. It's advisable wear an undergarment in white or skin color under clothes in strong colors.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

You can get dolls taller than 160 that are not heavy. I have a 163 F-cup that weighs 55 lb (+head)
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Hello and welcome to TDF.

Clothes fetish … you’re not the only one! Although my intent for a doll was not to dress her up … this has quickly become the primary purpose and enjoyment! Not good for the wallet though as there is so much clothes/shoes t hat I would really like to get!

I have a 151cm doll and find her measurements all too small for even XS. In fact, you’ll need to go to children’s clothing sizes to fit the doll and you’re not going to find children’s clothing that “emphasizes the female form”! You can try the “petite” offerings from some brands and clothing stores but I found even those could still be too big or doesn’t fit well. Besides waist, the doll’s shoulder width and neck were smaller than most real woman so tops necklines doesn’t appear well and the shoulders for clothes with sleeves just gives that droopy look. The other problem you may have with items where the waist is not stretchy enough and if the doll’s hip to waist is not realistic … you may not be able to get the pant/skirt over the hip so you’ll need to get larger size and then have a large gap at the waist.

As this whole doll dress-up thing was quite important to me and also wanting a doll closer to the average real woman height, I did end up ordering a new doll. Apart from the usual considerations one may apply when deciding on a doll, I compared the doll’s measurements to woman’s clothing size charts. Rmemebering although dolls are anatomically correct, many’s proportions are not. So don’t just let height be the factor if clothes are important to you.

And what is your “use” for the dress-up. That is, is it just purely to have her dressed up for photo-shoots or just sitting/standing around (not moving)? If so, you can always do what the shops and real woman do and pinned back clothes to give them the fitted appearance. But if you like to have “play” sessions with her dressed up, pins and clips may cause some discomfort!!!

As for the weight, you’ve come into the doll market at a nice time as even just over the last couple months, there’s been new dolls realeased at sub-30kg/66lbs with heights around the 160cm mark.
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

The more proportionate the figure, the easier it will be to find well fitting clothes right off the rack clothes. It's when there's a large difference between bust, hip and waist measurements, you run into problems, regardless of height. I have a WM 125cm for instance that is a breeze to find clothes for because of her proportionate figure. Her waist is actually fuller than many larger dolls. US youth size 8 is just about perfect for her. See "Meet Jyoti" in my sig.

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Oscar DeBarataria »

Call this a brag if you want, but a Zelex 170 will wear a size 2 or 4 (US) pretty much perfectly. Not to mention she's a terrific fit for a size 6 shoe.

Those little dolls? I couldn't even tell you how to find stuff that fits them.
Amber's Zelex review thread: viewtopic.php?t=153776

Amber's Eye Candy thread: viewtopic.php?t=153865

The New Adventures of Amber! viewtopic.php?t=156353

ttm

Post by ttm »

Arisa_ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:12 pm Hello and welcome to TDF.

Clothes fetish … you’re not the only one! Although my intent for a doll was not to dress her up … this has quickly become the primary purpose and enjoyment! Not good for the wallet though as there is so much clothes/shoes t hat I would really like to get!

I have a 151cm doll and find her measurements all too small for even XS. In fact, you’ll need to go to children’s clothing sizes to fit the doll and you’re not going to find children’s clothing that “emphasizes the female form”! You can try the “petite” offerings from some brands and clothing stores but I found even those could still be too big or doesn’t fit well. Besides waist, the doll’s shoulder width and neck were smaller than most real woman so tops necklines doesn’t appear well and the shoulders for clothes with sleeves just gives that droopy look. The other problem you may have with items where the waist is not stretchy enough and if the doll’s hip to waist is not realistic … you may not be able to get the pant/skirt over the hip so you’ll need to get larger size and then have a large gap at the waist.

As this whole doll dress-up thing was quite important to me and also wanting a doll closer to the average real woman height, I did end up ordering a new doll. Apart from the usual considerations one may apply when deciding on a doll, I compared the doll’s measurements to woman’s clothing size charts. Rmemebering although dolls are anatomically correct, many’s proportions are not. So don’t just let height be the factor if clothes are important to you.

And what is your “use” for the dress-up. That is, is it just purely to have her dressed up for photo-shoots or just sitting/standing around (not moving)? If so, you can always do what the shops and real woman do and pinned back clothes to give them the fitted appearance. But if you like to have “play” sessions with her dressed up, pins and clips may cause some discomfort!!!

As for the weight, you’ve come into the doll market at a nice time as even just over the last couple months, there’s been new dolls realeased at sub-30kg/66lbs with heights around the 160cm mark.
Yes, but as far as I can see your 151cm one has 51cm waist, so that is definitely is too small for regular women's clothing.

Yes, I do plan to have "play" sessions with it too. Though honestly I probably am looking more forward to cuddling or sleeping together than the sex part. So yes, the clothes will have to actually fit.

ttm

Post by ttm »

Mr Franz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:19 pm The more proportionate the figure, the easier it will be to find well fitting clothes right off the rack clothes. It's when there's a large difference between bust, hip and waist measurements, you run into problems, regardless of height. I have a WM 125cm for instance that is a breeze to find clothes for because of her proportionate figure. Her waist is actually fuller than many larger dolls. US youth size 8 is just about perfect for her. See "Meet Jyoti" in my sig.
True, as enticing as 100cm wide hips look like, 90-60-90 (or few cm above that) is very much in the "there are real women like that" area so there are clothes for this kind of sizes too (Shein has models like that, while 150-odd cm tall), so it's probably better to keep to more realistic sizes...
Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:21 pm Call this a brag if you want, but a Zelex 170 will wear a size 2 or 4 (US) pretty much perfectly. Not to mention she's a terrific fit for a size 6 shoe.

Those little dolls? I could even tell you how to find stuff that fits them.
maybe for the next one, I'm rather dead-set on having a smaller one first

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

My hobby is treasure hunting for clothes for my "My blue-eyed beauty, Hanna" viewtopic.php?p=2506393#p2506393 and more pictures of Hanna and then doing a photo shoot.
Dolls are very heavy and changing their clothes is a real physical workout (especially pants, panty hose, and dresses that you have step into and pull up to get into.). Hanna is 5'0", 74lbs, and 30x22x33in (152cm, 33.6kg, and 76x56x84cm). Hanna is on the small side for full sized dolls yet it can take me 15 minutes to change her from outfit to outfit. On the plus side, almost everything off the rack fits her perfectly. None of her clothes were purchased online meaning that now I am able to tell what will fit her and what won't by just looking at clothes in stores.
Hanna wears XS and sometimes S. I live in a big city where many older teens want to look adult so adult clothes in XS, while not as common as larger sizes, are still pretty easy to find. In fact, one of my treasure finds for Hanna was a never worn hand tailored dress from Paris for $8.00 in a resale shop. (fits perfectly. no pins. no alterations) ...
Hanna in Blue Dress 02.jpg
Hanna in Blue Dress 02.jpg (518.96 KiB) Viewed 290 times
For casual clothes like jeans, shirts, sweaters, and even some dresses, larger 'girls' sizes (14-16 US) fit well and look good.

Also keep in mind that petite women tend to wear more stylish clothes than larger and heavier women. So while the selection of XS clothes might be smaller, what you find will likely be much more stylish and attractive. But regardless of size, the closer the doll's waist size is to the breast size and the hip size to breast size, the easier it will be to find clothes that will fit well. especially outfits.

I hope this helps.

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

ttm wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:11 pm
So, I think it may be easier for me to buy a doll that will fit the clothing than trying to fit the clothing to the doll, as such, I've been wondering what are the ranges of the three sizes for the doll that allow to buy off the shelf clothing, but are still on the small-ish size with an hourglass form.

Looking at typical sizing in EU, even 60cm waists require XS or even XXS clothes, which are generally not stocked. On the other hand, 100cm hips are on the upper side of the M sizes. Does it mean that for pants, only XS stuff that's really stretchy will fit? What about skirts? Just buy stuff for the narrow waist and ignore hip sizes?
⬜⬜For example, I try to think in a completely different way
to find an ideal solution to a similar problem. :whistle:

⬜⬜I would look for a doll with even more pronounced curves,
but I would dress her only in sexy underwear that is very light,
thin and stretchy..

⬜⬜I would look for a good private tailor,
and I would come up with a good excuse,
why I need clothes with such big differences in measurements. :idea:

⬜⬜I would tell the tailor, for example, that my girlfriend
is a dramatic artist and director in the theater,
and that she needs a suit for an upcoming performance
in which she has some erotic stage performances. :idea:

⬜⬜And a lot of clothes that are not on the market
can be tailored and sewn to order in various small
tailor shops, any tailor can do that... :idea:

:onfire:

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

I find that women’s clothing sizes are all over the place. Partly but not exclusively manufacturer, as even within the same designer, a small isn’t always a small.

My girl is a 162E and reasonably proportionate. I have clothing for her that fits well and ranges all over the place.

She’s mostly a size 4, but one of the most beautiful flowing gowns I got for her was a well known designer label, size 14, XL. It was too pretty to pass up ($250 on clearance for $19.99) and figured I’d just have to do some alterations. It fit her perfectly with no adjustments.

Also, Chinese/Asian sizes tend to be smaller than U.S. or European standard sizing, and you might look at Shein or Temu for small/XS/XXS if that’s what you need.

Bottom line, don’t pass up something appealing just because it’s a size or two away from what usually fits.

INFORMATIONS