realsexdoll.com

obligatory newbie intro

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

kludge

obligatory newbie intro

Post by kludge »

Until 2 days ago, the only thing I knew about dolls I learned from old late night HBO Real Sex specials. But I have gone so far down the rabbit hole in the last 48 hours that I don’t know if I should be ashamed or brag about how much I learned.

First things first: this site is a tremendous resource and I’m glad to have stumbled upon it. But I do not envy the moderators. From what I’ve gleaned, the members and their preferences & usage are more varied than the dolls themselves. TBH it seems a little ridiculous for such diverse interests to be lumped under the same tent, let alone expect consensus to guide leadership’s decisions. I appreciate the difficulty of the moderator proposition here.

Second, I have not been a lurker but I expect to become one. Like I mentioned, I only went down this rabbit hole two days ago and had no idea this place was here. I see myself using this forum mostly as an occasional knowledge resource rather than a place I’m regularly following up on the buzz. I’ve been on boards before, albeit music, where simply not posting frequently enough creates hostile responses from the daily users. I’m not insinuating this forum is like that, rather I think that disclosing my expectations is part and parcel to a proper introduction.

Third, after 20 minutes on this site, I thought I was both robbed and going to jail. I’m kidding but let me explain. When I purchased my first doll, I spent several hours discerning apparent scams vs. hard to find customizations (auto everything at 157 cm with tpe + silicone) vs. uninformed sellers (me thinking i know, all of 5 hours in) in an effort to get the best deal. I made a purchase I was happy with but then fell prey to “the wait” for a customized model. So, I quickly made a second purchase of a US stock item in a radically contrasting type at a significantly lower price with much quicker delivery—-same retailer for the doll, but not as much discerning judgment for me. After skimming a few threads, I was panicking that I got taken for the second order. But it’s all good, and I think the momentary fear that the forum instilled is a good teaching lesson for new comers like me.

As for the second half of the irrational fears I developed in my first 20 minutes on this site, it’s a funny story that I’ll save for the time being. Let’s just say I was suddenly and frantically alarmed about something that very clearly did not apply to me or my purchases. Anyway, thanks for creating this space. Looking forward to exploring.

I’m thirties/male/USA(east coast). To the extent mods want to make sure I’m not a vendor, robot, or populist, they can PM me for professional affiliation. Spoiler for non-mods: I’m just some lawyer, and not yours.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: obligatory newbie intro

Post by gogodolls »

kludge wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 am
Welcome to the TDF kludge! :multi:
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Neogreen

Post by Neogreen »

hi, welcome, i like dolls too :haha4:
Doll Researcher/Reviewer

I spend most of my free time researching all doll brands, TPE/Silicone
Have a question? Feel free to PM anytime.

My Reviews:
Ceoros Sex Doll Case viewtopic.php?t=179404

My dolls:
Mogami Nozomi viewtopic.php?t=178603

Good Elsababe Information: viewtopic.php?t=178725

My Youtube Review Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbLRS ... mhyFFYYabA

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Welcome to TDF Kludge, what models did you order?
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Welcome to TDF, kludge! Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

Hello and welcome. I think we all fell down this particular rabbit hole. Very few of us decide we'd like a ladder to get out though.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi kludge,
Welcome to TDF. You are right, TDF is a very broad church. Hope you enjoy your time with us, we would love to meet your girls if you can. Take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Welcome to the forum! Yeah the info is overwhelming when you get started, so much to learn and research. I'm very grateful for this forum and the resources it provides. But it's also a great community where I've met some really wonderful people!

Look forward to hearing more about your experiences, and photos if you're inclined to share!

INFORMATIONS