realsexdoll.com

New doll owner struggles

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

New doll owner struggles

Post by a789987a »

Hello all,

Hello everyone. I'm a new doll owner who tends to be more of a lurker, but I'm having some issues, so I need to start working on lifting those newbie restrictions.

My wife has always had "low libido", and since learning of the term seven years ago or so, she has identified as asexual. I am decidedly not (although I do identify as aromantic). On top of that, she has an autoimmune disease, and I have a cosplay kink. She's spent a lot of time and effort indulging me, but most of the time it's not something she enjoys doing, and it's a lot of effort for her, physically and emotionally.

Other than that, our relationship is great.

I spent some time thinking about what to do about this situation to try to maximize both our happiness, and ultimately I ended up considering a sex doll.

I did a bunch of research, lurked on the forums, evaluated brands, and eventually settled on an 165cm Elsa Babe doll during the 11/11 / Black Friday sales. Due to my interest in cosplay, I already had an existing selection of costumes that I wanted to (attempt to) reuse, so I wanted a full-size doll that at least had a chance of using the costumes I already had.

To be honest, it hasn't been what I hoped.

My acute problem is that the left arm won't move up and down. I can move it forward and backward and shrug the shoulder. My vendor suggests that the arm is in an incorrect rotation, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate it.

I need five approved posts to post a picture or video, but for now I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.

UpperLower

Re: New doll owner struggles

Post by UpperLower »

This sounds peculiar that the arm will not move up and down. Does it at least swing left and right from the shoulder? Or have you tried moving the arm forward and then up and to the left?
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Just the arm? I expected worse from the way you wrote.

I know there are ways to adjust the skeleton. Took me a while to get her to shrug her shoulders back so she pushed out her chest more and for other upper body positions. There is a particular way to move her skeleton that will turn the socket of her upper arm and free up her arm. Someone posted a detailed diagram. I can't find it right now, but I'm sure someone will post it up.

She may also be just a bit stiff as one of my doll's arms were.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

UpperLower wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:32 am This sounds peculiar that the arm will not move up and down. Does it at least swing left and right from the shoulder? Or have you tried moving the arm forward and then up and to the left?
Hoping to get picture access soon so I can post some, or a video.

I can't move it in the "Vitruvian man" direction. It's stuck out to the side and won't go above her head or to her hip. I can move it to the front and the back, and I can shrug the shoulders. I have tried moving the arm straight forward, but when I do so, it does not go up or down at all.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

Socratus wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 am Just the arm? I expected worse from the way you wrote.

I know there are ways to adjust the skeleton. Took me a while to get her to shrug her shoulders back so she pushed out her chest more and for other upper body positions. There is a particular way to move her skeleton that will turn the socket of her upper arm and free up her arm. Someone posted a detailed diagram. I can't find it right now, but I'm sure someone will post it up.

She may also be just a bit stiff as one of my doll's arms were.
I don't think it's just stiffness, the arm was free-flowing in that direction when I first got it.

If my writing sounds pessimistic, it is; I'm afraid that my $3000 purchase broke within a month; I don't know at the moment that I'm going to get manufacturer help; and even at the best of times the weight and the fragility have been giving me many issues. Maybe there is yet a happy ending, but I need to get the arm unstuck so I can at least get her back into her box at some point.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

keep posting and send video, there are several repair-handy people here
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello a789987a!

I also agree with vendor advice. It can happen >.<
Arm can be rotated wrongly, joint in shoulder has incorrect orientation and moving is not possible.
It is like elbow facing in or forward.
My doll also experienced stucking of joint when raising arms above shoulders.
When I noticed I quickly moved back.
I think you can fix! But must be careful, not force joint to cause injury and find correct position.

I wish you can find correct orientation and help doll soon!

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

Layla and Laura
Doll
Doll

Post by Layla and Laura »

a789987a wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:47 am
My acute problem is that the left arm won't move up and down. I can move it forward and backward and shrug the shoulder. My vendor suggests that the arm is in an incorrect rotation, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate it.

I need five approved posts to post a picture or video, but for now I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.
Hiya and welcome.
If you extend the arm slightly bent then you should be able to rotate it so it will move in the direction you want. I hope that helps.
Davey2469 - I belong with him
My thread shared with Layla:viewtopic.php?t=178506
Interested in Irontech? https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme
10% coupon carycme10

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

Layla and Laura wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 pm
a789987a wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:47 am

Hiya and welcome.
If you extend the arm slightly bent then you should be able to rotate it so it will move in the direction you want. I hope that helps.
Do you mean to bend it at the elbow and then bring it forward? No matter what I've tried so far, all rotation happens in the upper hand, past the elbow.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

I'm out of the newbie restrictions now, so I can post some pictures. If this would be better posted in either the Repair or Elsa Babe forums, let me know.

The first two are the affected arm.

The third is of the good arm (left) and bad arm (right). The right arm can shrug upward and it can point towards the camera, but it cannot go downward at all.

The fourth shot shows the silicone seam running along the top of the arm, so if it's twisted, it's twisted beneath the silicone.

Lastly, a video of me attempting to move it from last night. I haven't made any progress since.

When I got it out of the box yesterday, I didn't do any particularly complicated moves with the arm - I just pushed it upward.
Attachments
Editor[3].mp4
(24.56 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
PXL_20240314_182753656.jpg
PXL_20240314_182753656.jpg (267.59 KiB) Viewed 286 times
PXL_20240314_144008920.jpg
PXL_20240314_144008920.jpg (369.49 KiB) Viewed 286 times
PXL_20240314_135916328.jpg
PXL_20240314_135916328.jpg (637 KiB) Viewed 286 times
PXL_20240314_135900932.jpg
PXL_20240314_135900932.jpg (696.81 KiB) Viewed 286 times

Layla and Laura
Doll
Doll

Post by Layla and Laura »

a789987a wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:34 pm
The third is of the good arm (left) and bad arm (right). The right arm can shrug upward and it can point towards the camera, but it cannot go downward at all.
You might try this - point it up then forward rotate down to the hip (towards camera) all the way down. You might have reversed it the first time.
Davey2469 - I belong with him
My thread shared with Layla:viewtopic.php?t=178506
Interested in Irontech? https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme
10% coupon carycme10

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

Shrugged fully upward, then rotated down towards the hip as far as it will go. It still does not move in that position, nor when I put it back.

(Images went up in backwards order)

I was taking some posed photos a week ago Saturday and it got stuck then, but it released and I got the arm back to her side. But when I got it out of the box last night, I didn't do anything complicated. I basically just raised the arm up off her side and it got stuck.
Attachments
PXL_20240314_190628840.jpg
PXL_20240314_190628840.jpg (416.75 KiB) Viewed 261 times
PXL_20240314_190604161.jpg
PXL_20240314_190604161.jpg (383.62 KiB) Viewed 261 times

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Layla and Laura wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:04 pm

You might try this - point it up then forward rotate down to the hip (towards camera) all the way down. You might have reversed it the first time.[/b][/i][/color][/size]
Hey a789987a
listen to Layla and Laura, its worth trying

also suggest an easier nickname 8)
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

I thought I attempted that as far as it would go. I included photos so that someone could correct me if they meant something else. Because it will only go "up" by shrugging, not moving the actual shoulder, when I pull it towards the camera, straight out is as far as it will go.

I'm new here but I also don't see any way to change username besides starting a fresh account.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

a789987a wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:37 pm I thought I attempted that as far as it would go. I included photos so that someone could correct me if they meant something else. Because it will only go "up" by shrugging, not moving the actual shoulder, when I pull it towards the camera, straight out is as far as it will go.

I'm new here but I also don't see any way to change username besides starting a fresh account.
Found it. Look here. It shows various ways to move the arm and what's going on in the skeleton. It might help.
viewtopic.php?t=154820
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS