betterlovedoll.com

Doll shooting

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
dollphotographer9
Media Account
Media Account

Doll shooting

Post by dollphotographer9 »

Hello, everyone!
My name is Sofiya, and I'm a photographer. Currently, I am working on a project about love dolls. I am seeking to connect with owners of dolls who would be willing to allow me to capture some photographs of their dolls and to share with me a part of their living.
The final project will be exhibited and may potentially become a book. I am based in Paris and would love to connect with owners in this area, but I am also willing to travel.
You can check my work here : sofiyaloriashvili.com

thank you
Sofiya

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Doll shooting

Post by The Doll Advocate »

dollphotographer9 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:32 am Hello, everyone!
My name is Sofiya, and I'm a photographer. Currently, I am working on a project about love dolls. I am seeking to connect with owners of dolls who would be willing to allow me to capture some photographs of their dolls and to share with me a part of their living.
The final project will be exhibited and may potentially become a book. I am based in Paris and would love to connect with owners in this area, but I am also willing to travel.

thank you
Sofiya
You may find it difficult to get memebers to connect with you beyond the safety of TDF .
I'm in USA so I couldn't help you anyway .
We have some exceptional photographers here !
You might have better luck asking to use their pictures!
Your photo style is kind of unique, what would you call that?

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:21 am

thank you
Sofiya
You may find it difficult to get memebers to connect with you beyond the safety of TDF .
I agree with The Doll Advocate for the most part.

Here are my suggestions:
1) If you can afford it, go on a tour to visit the dolls location to photograph the dolls that you feel would make good subjects for your project,
2) Have the doll owners send you the raw images of their photographs (uncropped and unedited) so that you can make derivative works from them,
3) or, just use the owners photos as-is and modify your project a bit to incorporated them. For example, you can photograph a doll in Paris, let's say looking at a framed picture of their doll(s) taken by their owner from the US or anywhere else.

dollphotographer9
Media Account
Media Account

Post by dollphotographer9 »

Pexter wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:49 am
The Doll Advocate wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:21 am

thank you
Sofiya
I agree with The Doll Advocate for the most part.

Here are my suggestions:
1) If you can afford it, go on a tour to visit the dolls location to photograph the dolls that you feel would make good subjects for your project,
2) Have the doll owners send you the raw images of their photographs (uncropped and unedited) so that you can make derivative works from them,
3) or, just use the owners photos as-is and modify your project a bit to incorporated them. For example, you can photograph a doll in Paris, let's say looking at a framed picture of their doll(s) taken by their owner from the US or anywhere else.
Thank you for your answers,
I have already found some owners and completed several photo shoots. However, I am still looking to connect with more owners, and I thought that the forum could be helpful in this regard. I am able to travel within Europe, and perhaps one day, I'll have the opportunity to visit the USA.

INFORMATIONS