dollstudio.org

Dolls with weight reduction (claims)

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Dolls with weight reduction (claims)

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

as there is a increasing demand for dolls with weight reduction, I'll post some of the recent developments and if something comes up what might be relevant.

Among the dolls with notoriously high weights is Irontech. Recently they released new specs for their dolls, including weight redution claims. There is a separate post for this.

And then there is the newcomer XT Doll which consistently makes claims about significant weight reduction. All their dolls are specified with surprisingly low weights. Very interesting for all of those who need to keep an eye on weight. The doll's weight, that is :whistle:

Here are a couple of before/after specs released today by XT Doll:

XT-150/D:
xt-150d-specs.png
xt-150d-specs.png (473.88 KiB) Viewed 746 times
XT-157/D:
xt-157d-specs.png
xt-157d-specs.png (470.75 KiB) Viewed 746 times
XT-160/G:
xt-160g-specs.png
xt-160g-specs.png (502.12 KiB) Viewed 746 times
XT-162/G:
xt-162g-specs.png
xt-162g-specs.png (495 KiB) Viewed 746 times
XT-163/F:
xt-163f-specs.png
xt-163f-specs.png (436.76 KiB) Viewed 746 times
XT-168/C:
xt-168c-specs.png
xt-168c-specs.png (475.01 KiB) Viewed 746 times
This is more than impressive. However, XT Doll does not disclose what exactly they measured and how they accomplished such massive gains.

However, in regard to weight reduction, XT Doll is one of the doll makers to keep an eye on.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Dolls with weight reduction (claims)

Post by JustDude »

The problem with weight reduction is that is absolutely needs to be done right.

First it has to be a durable SOFT foam core for the doll to remain, well, soft.

Secondly the manufacturer needs to know how to adhere the silicone to the foam core correctly, especially in high stress areas such as the crotch and knees for example. If this isn't done right you get some delamination issues down the road.

Without naming any brands, some are much better at weight reduction than others. :thumbs_up:

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

JustDude wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:19 am The problem with weight reduction is that is absolutely needs to be done right. […] Without naming any brands, some are much better at weight reduction than others.
Please feel free to name brands, if you have first-hand experiences you are willing to share. This is not a manufacturer-dependent (sub-)forum.

Regarding "doing it right", I fully agree with that. Like skin texture, body makeup or freckles, there are vast differences in doll manufacturer skills.

One example for a manufacturer with an outstanding set of skills would be Gynoid Tech. They use silicone foam cores and still manage to accomplish very reasonable doll weights. However, a couple of years ago, they had delamination issues. Though, In the past ~3-4 years I neither heard reports nor encountered these issues myself.

The downside of outstanding skills and exquisite materials is that it affects pricing. Gynoids are not affordable for everybody. In that sense I think that there is still justification for the more common Chinese approach of "just good enough".

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

I'm looking forward to reading long-term reviews of XT dolls (we'll have to wait at least three more months). In the short term, buyers seem happy (the weight announced for the 163 F is roughly held and the doll seems to offer good sensations even if one owner reported slightly hard thighs). If durability is there, XT will be a hit, especially since its range is expanding with several pretty bodies and faces.

The announced 'weights before reduction' seem to be theoretical and above all communication intended to magnify the feat (given that certain models did not exist before, unless I am mistaken :wink: ).
But in absolute terms, the weights announced (and verified by a few first buyers) seem about right and they are very impressive given the size and silhouette of these dolls. :thumbs_up:

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Dbalpha
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dbalpha »

What’s interesting is that the weight you have provided on the 160g is more then what is listed on the XT website

INFORMATIONS