betterlovedoll.com

Arachne the Domesticated Drow

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

baphometric

Re: Arachne the Domesticated Drow

Post by baphometric »

What a heart warming story! Thanks for letting us have this amazing peek into your life with Arachne. I'm so glad your family has been supportive, too!

Also holy moly, that long white wig looks amazing!

Happy birthday Arachne! 🎂🎉

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

baphometric wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:09 pm What a heart warming story! Thanks for letting us have this amazing peek into your life with Arachne. I'm so glad your family has been supportive, too!

I can only say "Ditto"!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

:glou:

Congratulations!

Thanks for the special mention - I think we filled about 10 pages of Nymeria's thread back then with all kinds of doll talk!

Could Arachne's birthday photoshoot be that one idea.... the idea you had very early on, but never divulged? I remember it being mentioned. Wasn't it unforgiveable in some way 🤣 - I'm sure you said she'd be upset with you if you did it? I could be imagining it, but I think it was something like that!

Great cake too!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:55 pm Happy Birthday Arachne! 🎂

And congratulations Agent!

It’s been great getting to know you pal, and your bevy of beautiful and fearsome ladies!

Cheers to a fantastic year two!
Thank you, and likewise, my friend! :glou:

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:19 pm
baphometric wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:09 pm What a heart warming story! Thanks for letting us have this amazing peek into your life with Arachne. I'm so glad your family has been supportive, too!

I can only say "Ditto"!
Thanks to both of you!

Willendorph wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:59 pm :glou:

Congratulations!

Thanks for the special mention - I think we filled about 10 pages of Nymeria's thread back then with all kinds of doll talk!

Could Arachne's birthday photoshoot be that one idea.... the idea you had very early on, but never divulged? I remember it being mentioned. Wasn't it unforgiveable in some way 🤣 - I'm sure you said she'd be upset with you if you did it? I could be imagining it, but I think it was something like that!

Great cake too!
I do feel kinda bad for asking all those questions in her thread like that! Sorry! Hopefully it might help someone else some day at least. And don't forget all the PMs! :haha4:

Hmm... I don't know. I don't recall the context of that statement. Maybe? The post is live, so you let me know if you think she's going to forgive me... 8O
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Reasons to Have a Goth Drow Girlfriend

Reason 1:

Photo_1711725825250.jpg
Photo_1711725825250.jpg (10.09 MiB) Viewed 433 times

Reason 2:

No further reasons were deemed necessary.

Interestingly, the list of 'Reasons to Want to be a Plush Spider' contains the same contents.

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Someone in a thread somewhere posted some of their photo contest entries with the thought that it was less likely that someone would go sorting through old contest threads and more likely that they would be seen in their own threads. I liked that idea. Going forward I'm first going to catch up on the past year of contests and when that's done I'll start posting them at the end of every month. I regularly enter into the contest on UKLDF as well so you'll get to see those too! These posts will be split between here and The True North Clan thread, depending on the dolls involved.

I did enter my first contests in March 2023 but unfortunately I hadn't started my file organization system for dolls yet so they kind of got lost. Being that I was so busy with Arachne that first month I think most of the photos were ones that I'd already taken that happened to fit the theme and I entered what I could. However in April we went nuts!

There's a reason that Arachne's photos are being posted in this thread instead of her story thread. I typically consider her contest entries as being non-cannon. I try to stick to her in character personality when I can, but you'll see in these first photos that some of them are already straying from that to varying degrees.

Cat A: Getting Your Morning Started

Arachne Baenre
in
Elliya Lolthu

Arachne Getting Your Morning Started.jpg
Arachne Getting Your Morning Started.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 406 times

Every morning, as soon as she gets up, Arachne starts by lighting a candle and saying a short prayer to Lolth, goddess of the drow.

“Valsharess d'Orbben, Lodtyna d'Cressen, Usstan gultah ulu dos jal d'ussta xund lu'jal d'ussta jyrre d'l'tangi ulu doer. Elliya Lolthu!”

It's such an important ritual for her that she won't even assault me first! Some days, it's the only moments of peace I get.

Ah, back in the days when I thought it was a good idea to change her into PJs every night, then get her dressed in the morning! Let's just say that got old fast, especially since I hadn't figured out better ways of changing her yet!

Cat B: Sexy Bunny

Arachne

in

"What Did You Just Put on My Head?"

Sexy Bunny Entry.jpg
Sexy Bunny Entry.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 406 times

Look at her. JUST LOOK AT HER! The sexiest bunny, right there.

Cat C: Dolls Behaving Badly

Arachne

in

"Mixing Poison"

Arachne - Dolls Behaving Badly.gif
Arachne - Dolls Behaving Badly.gif (3.71 MiB) Viewed 406 times

"It's mint flavored," she claims, but I'm in no hurry to find out!

This was my very first gif! I learned a lot from it and I'd do things differently if I remade it, but I'm still pretty proud of it! Arachne's joints were still so stiff back then and I was still learning how best to reposition her. I'd probably be able to make it smoother just because she's loosened up now and know where to leverage things! Other things I'd pay more attention to now: keeping the lighting consistent, moving her clothing, and smoother movement. I'm no gif pro, but if anyone wants a post about what I have learned in the last year let me know and I could throw one together in my Maker thread.

Cat D: Angels

Arachne

in

Dark Angel

Arachne - Angel - Final.png
Arachne - Angel - Final.png (6.06 MiB) Viewed 406 times

My first Cat D entry, but not my first photoshop. I still don't know a lot about the program, but I know enough to get by! Secondary title for this entry: "The Proper Way to Fold A Fitted Sheet"

UK: Lazy Sunday

Arachne

in

"Dammit, I didn't save what I titled this image as and the thread no longer exists"

Photo_1682905312006.jpg
Photo_1682905312006.jpg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 406 times

This photo was taken on a Sunday morning for added authenticity! And yes, this is the view I wake up to every morning. I know you're jealous. :mrgreen:

Follow us on Twitter!

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Great initiative to group together all your challenge entries! ✨🤩 It doubles the visibility of all those beautiful photos and GIFs of the lovely Arachne! 😍

Well done, big BRAVO! 🎥 📸 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

But the most important yet unanswered question is: Did you eat the birthday cake all alone or did you have help? :mrgreen:

Of course Arachne is an outstanding doll with outstanding personality, I have seen her often in the challenges. :D

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

gogodolls wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:25 am Great initiative to group together all your challenge entries! ✨🤩 It doubles the visibility of all those beautiful photos and GIFs of the lovely Arachne! 😍

Well done, big BRAVO! 🎥 📸 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:
Right? Who doesn't want to see more of her! :D

DocMoriarty wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:19 pm But the most important yet unanswered question is: Did you eat the birthday cake all alone or did you have help? :mrgreen:

Of course Arachne is an outstanding doll with outstanding personality, I have seen her often in the challenges. :D
Well, I ate what I could... I think Arachne was sneaking some when I was at work because I kept smelling it on her breath (I ended up thoroughly cleaning her mouth out three times before the smell of icing went away). And the Clan helped out too! (more photos in their thread)

07.jpg
07.jpg (10.34 MiB) Viewed 339 times

Thank you! Yes, I'm quite the regular! They're so much fun! Your Petra has certainly been the receiver of a few of my votes in Cat FAB! Should I ever get a fabric doll she's the brand I'd get.

Let's move on to May 2023! For some reason I didn't get into as many contests that month.

Cat B: Date Your Mate
Arachne in "Dinner Reservation"

Arachne - Date your Mate.jpg
Arachne - Date your Mate.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 339 times
Photo_1684788177322.jpg
Photo_1684788177322.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 339 times

I know I've spoke about this photo before, and recently! I through in an alternate angle that I've probably shared? Maybe? I can't get enough of this picture and I hope you guys love it too. Well, it was my first contest victory so the votes suggest you do! I mentioned I have this photo printed and I plan on hanging it in the bedroom but haven't gotten around to it yet. If I wake up on my right side I get to see the real Arachne. If I wake up on my left side, I am greeted by this print leaned against the wall. Surrounded by blue beauty!

Arachne did participate in one other challenge that month but it has more meaning for the minis so it will get posted over there.

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

June 2023 contest photos!

Cat B: Round
Arachne in "Imagining the Drive"

11.jpg
11.jpg (4.77 MiB) Viewed 275 times

This was my first hosting experience. I like giving very broad topics that make it easy for people to enter as well as be creative! I knew when I made this challenge that I was going to be working on my rims and that I wanted to shoot Arachne with them. It let me get a few pictures to bump the contest as well as an entry!

Bonus photo: I took this for an example for the contest intro. I bought these glasses for Arachne, but she seems to prefer my old Aviators

Photo_1685591663818.jpg
Photo_1685591663818.jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Cat D: My Summer Vacation
Arachne in "Come Here, Wanre"

Arachne - My Summer Vacation1.jpg
Arachne - My Summer Vacation1.jpg (6.65 MiB) Viewed 275 times

"I need you to help me apply this anti-sun salve."

"Yes ma'am!"

Speaking of those Aviators... I really need to find an excuse to get Arachne in that bikini again!

UK: Beverage
Arachne in "Research and Wine"

Arachne - Beverage.jpg
Arachne - Beverage.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 275 times

By the light of a single candle was far more than the drow needed to read the words on the page with her darkvision. In her hand, a glass of red wine to enjoy with it.

I have a picture in my inspiration folder that helped create this photo... Since I took it I've aquired a few things that would make it more like that picture and overall better. I might have to redo it at some point! I do love that modern phones are able to take a good photo with just the light of a candle. I love the ambience!

That's it for June!

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Great idea Agent, collecting all Arachne’s challenge entries… awesome seeing more of her too! :whistle:

As you know, I’ve been following your lead and doing some of the same over on my threads. I’m now realizing how many photos took considerable energy to put together… and just how much those processes are now lost in time.

Don’t lose those moments!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

ShadowFun wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:56 am Great idea Agent, collecting all Arachne’s challenge entries… awesome seeing more of her too! :whistle:

As you know, I’ve been following your lead and doing some of the same over on my threads. I’m now realizing how many photos took considerable energy to put together… and just how much those processes are now lost in time.

Don’t lose those moments!
Right!? A ton of time and energy goes into some of these! Usually I get ideas pretty quickly for most challenges but some of them require a lot of thought just to come up with a good idea, then the planning of the logistics to make it happen. Some shoots are quick and easy, others take hours to set up and get just right. Gifs and composites can take hours in post to finalize. Most months I spend hours on contests, but I absolutely love it! It'd be a shame if people never saw them unless they've been active in the contests, too!

Let's take a look at July 2023 and start off with a deceptively hard photo:

Cat A: Butts
Arachne in "Help Me Step Wanre, I'm Stuck!"

Arachne - Butts.jpg
Arachne - Butts.jpg (7.63 MiB) Viewed 216 times

"How... Why are you even in there Arachne!?"

"I thought I saw one of those stupid little elves go in here! Now shut up and help!"

Carefully I positioned myself behind her, placed my hands on her hips, and pulled! She popped right out.

This photo looks pretty simple but the amount of effort I put in to get Arachne into this pose without damaging her or my back was very high! I was absolutely dripping sweat by the time I had her back in a safe position and my basement is typically pretty cool, even in July! Oh, and getting her into those pants is a workout, too. Worth it! Tight.

Cat B: Draws or Paints
Arachne and Rhyl in "Self Portrait"

Arachne - Draws or Paints.jpg
Arachne - Draws or Paints.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 216 times

I really like this photo and can't believe that I hadn't taken it before, but that's part of the glory of the contests; it gives you ideas and motivation to do shoots that you may not have otherwise. That piece of art is directly responsible for Arachne's physical existence. She started as a DnD character, that character inspired me to commission art, and a comment on that art led me to get on Google and discover Nymeria. It was nice to get Arachne beside her art. That print is hanging near me as I type this!

Cat C: Cooling Off
Arachne in "Fan Harder!"

Arachne - Cooling Off.gif
Arachne - Cooling Off.gif (6.17 MiB) Viewed 216 times

Just out of shot is the fastest flapping palm frond you ever did see! Arachne likes her refreshing breezes from all natural sources, not electronically generated.

This may be my least favorite gif I've made for a contest. I believe I had four fans blasting in her face for this and I could only get a little bit of hair movement. Worst of all, I had to comb her hair out again after this!

Cat D: Song
Arachne in "Lolth Domain"

Arachne - Song.png
Arachne - Song.png (2.82 MiB) Viewed 216 times

Story time: This isn't my favorite song. Many days I can't even decide my favorite genre. But, it is my favorite song in regards to Arachne.

Before Arachne arrived I was looking for a picture of Lolth, the goddess of the drow. This album cover came up and I immediately dropped everything to give it a listen. It's not every day you come across music related to your favorite DnD race! I added it to my favorites in Youtube Music.

Move along to March 17th of this year and I'm sitting in my livingroom at a folding table, building a Lego set and listening to music on my laptop. As you all know, you've got to keep your mind busy when you're waiting for the arrival of your first doll! On a playlist of over 600 songs going on Random, this song comes on. Not a minute into it a UPS truck pulls up. Before the track ended I had a large box in my house. A song I already associated with Arachne by chance ended up holding more meaning for me than I could have ever given it on purpose! Music can transport us through time and space to all kinds of memories and this song takes me to a chilly morning that changed my life. Enjoy!

Oh, and don't tell Arachne... Depicting her as her goddess is probably some kind of blasphemy...

Yeah, the blurb I posted with this entry pretty much says it all about this composite. I spent a lot of time getting it just right, starting off by getting a photo and pose that was as close as possible, and then doing all of the editing in photoshop. I was very proud of the outcome and it gave me a win! I'm tempted to get this printed. Bonus photo, the original pose.

Original2.jpg
Original2.jpg (3.37 MiB) Viewed 216 times

UK: Interacting with Technology
Arachne (feat. Nymeria) in "Video Call"

Arachne - Interacting with Technology.jpg
Arachne - Interacting with Technology.jpg (5.46 MiB) Viewed 216 times

"Hey Arachne... What're you up to? Oh, hey Nymeria!"

"What do you want, wanre?" asked Arachne with a sigh.

"Nothing... What's that? What are the spider-skulls on the map?"

"Lolth's influence spreads in this realm, wanre. Leave us. We have important matters to discuss."

"Oh. Of course, mistress."

Well, I guess no Minecraft for me today...

Special thanks to Willendorph for sending me the photo of Nymeria to use!

I really like this entry, too. It's one of those ones where you know what you want to do as soon as the contest is announced. Luckily Willendorph was able and willing to help make it a reality! Ever since I interrupted them I think they've taken to doing their talking while I'm at work...

Willendorph sent me the photo of Nymeria and I photoshopped it into a video call frame. I love Nymeria's expression. She looks exhausted. "Arachne, it's your damn human again. Can't you tie him up in the basement or something?" The map is marked with 'spider skulls' and the locations represent known or estimated locations of Arachne's fans at the time; places that Lolth's influence had spread to! If you've been following Arachne since then and you have something in your profile for your location you might notice a mark in your vicinity! Sometimes it's the little details.

Map Marked.png
Map Marked.png (2.19 MiB) Viewed 216 times

That's it for Arachne in July!

Follow us on Twitter!

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Wow amazing work! I love the album cover especially, so cool!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

baphometric wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 pm Wow amazing work! I love the album cover especially, so cool!
Thank you Baph!

Let's take a look at August 2023!

Cat B: Minimalism
(I forget what I called this entry)

Arachne - Minimalism.jpg
Arachne - Minimalism.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 161 times

I loved this shoot! I'd just gotten her super long wig and some thigh high socks, and that was all she wore for this shoot! Originally my idea was to get a close-up of just her pointy ear surrounded by hair, and somehow we ended up here instead. Definitely the better result!

Cat C: Upside Down
(Apparently I decided not to make note of what I called my entries this month? :roll: )

Arachne and Evey - Upside Down.gif
Arachne and Evey - Upside Down.gif (3.94 MiB) Viewed 161 times

I think the most impressive thing about this gif is that Arachne's wig didn't fall off!

Cat D: Ready to Fight
Arachne in "I Don't Need Protection"

Arachne - Ready to Fight.jpg
Arachne - Ready to Fight.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 161 times

I was the host of this contest and even I thought I was going to do something fantasy for this entry! But, that was too predictable so I went another way. Why can't Arachne be a club singer on her way home and about to be jumped by gangsters? Just a reminder, I consider photo contest photos to be largely out of character. lol. I really enjoyed doing this. I love the dress, at the time it was one of the best fitting dresses I had for her. The gun is a cap gun that I've held on to for some reason since I was a kid, the orange tip long gone. The trench coat is mine and pretty huge on her, but the length was good! The hat is also mine and way too big for her head but looked great. Pretty sure her ear was holding it up on the hidden side. No matter what situation I imagine her in, Arachne can always handle herself!

UK: Selfie
Arachne in "Weekend Drive"

Arachne - Selfie.jpg
Arachne - Selfie.jpg (5.3 MiB) Viewed 161 times

"What did you say this flavor was called? Butterscotch? This beverage is so thick, sweet, and creamy! It is delicious, wanre. Now, go faster. Faster!" she laughed as the scenery whipped by outside. It was possible this was the happiest I'd seen Arachne since she'd joined me on the surface. She pulled out her phone to take a photo of herself.

"I'm glad you're having fun!" I smiled, grabbing another gear before slipping my hand off the shifter and onto the elf's thigh. For a moment I thought she was going to throw the shake at me for daring to touch her as she raised it up slowly, but instead took another sip of the delectable liquid and let me be.

Above is the original writeup to accompany the entry, but I'd do it far different now. I hadn't quite clicked into the idea of two personalities for Arachne yet. Now I look at this image and I see the Domesticated drow that this thread was made for. It's just me and my girl out for a drive and a milkshake! One hand on the wheel, one hand on her thigh. The best way to drive!

As for the logistics of this photo, yes, I'm focused on the road! Look at the reflection in her glasses! lol. It's the country road out to my parents and it's never busy. To simulate the selfie I had to have her hand in my direction so I've got it bent out of the way of the shifter. I don't typically drive with the sunroof cover open so the sun doesn't sneak in and blind me but it's open here because that's how the phone is mounted. I've got a suction cup mount stuck to the sunroof. At that time I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ which has a stylus that functions as a remote trigger. That's in my hand on the wheel and I just drove along triggering the phone constantly and chose the best background and lighting. This ended with 197 files to choose from over about 6 miles.

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

September 2023 photo contest entries!

Cat B: Hobby
Arachne in "Building Blocks of Life"

Arachne - Hobby.jpg
Arachne - Hobby.jpg (3.76 MiB) Viewed 125 times

"You animated my Lego?"

"Animated? No, it is quite alive, I assure you. This material was difficult to work with, but the magic of the drow is strong, and when it comes to spiders Lolth is always willing to strengthen it! These minions will have a very strong carapace!" grinned the drow. "You can order more of this human material, yes?"

I sighed. "Of course, Arachne. I will..."

I'd built these little spiders in preparation for the Saving Saffee shoot and it seemed appropriate for this contest. As good as Arachne is in this photo, the funniest part has got to be Bastet in the back trying to herd spiders on the desk!

Cat C: Epic Movie Moments
Arachne in "Fast 11: Underdark Nights"

Arachne in Fast 11 - Underdark Nights.gif
Arachne in Fast 11 - Underdark Nights.gif (30.24 MiB) Viewed 125 times

I accept that this may be the best gif I ever make. It's probably the contest idea I've been most excited about after I came up with it.

Most of this was shot in my garage. I knew it was going to be a long shoot so I got started in the morning and covered the windows to make it as dark as possible. I think I started by doing the pedal shot. Then I did all of the gear shifts. You'll notice that she actually shifts all of the gears, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 5 and 5 to six. I utilized my suction cup mount on the sunroof to get the overhead angle, meanwhile I'm on the passenger seat changing the pose then squeezing off to the side to stay out of the shot! To get the wheel spinning I just jacked up the car and spun the wheel by hand as I took photos. To get the illusion of movement I did shots where I moved lights past the car to simulate driving under street lights, or moved the camera past to shoot her going by. The shots of the boost gauge and the tach were done on the road as video then converted to gif. Some might consider it cheaty but it was the only way to get the footage and I put in enough work on the rest of it that I certainly didn't feel guilty!

The one tale I've never told anyone about this shoot was what happened when the battery started to die. I forget how many hours the shoot went on for, but after awhile with doors open, lights on, etc, the car complained that the battery was low and shut down. To its credit, the car was programmed to shut down while it still had enough battery to start. So, let's start it up and charge the battery! Well, it started right up, but I didn't realize that Arachne's foot was still firmly on the gas pedal from the pedal shots earlier! The car started and went straight to redline. 8O I've never moved Arachne with such force or disregard for how and where I was moving her! I ripped that foot off the pedal so fast and hard! Luckily no harm was done to her and all of the valves decided to stay in the engine!

This was shot with my old phone that takes smaller filesize photos than my new one and yet the folder for this gif is still 3.41gb and has 1335 files. That gives you an idea of what went into that gif! Totally worth it. I still absolutely love it.

UK: Living Doll
Arachne in "Paper Problems"

Arachne - Living Doll.jpg
Arachne - Living Doll.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 125 times

"Mal'ai rivvil jaluk rothe!"

"You didn't change the roll!"

"Coming! Coming! Coming!"

I don't know why, but a photo like this was on my idea list from early on. When a contest came up where I could do it, I went for it! Everybody poops, right? What better way to bring a doll to life! I love my choice of details. Most of the stuff visible on the counter is hers. Bright red panties for some reason. And a phone. Because who doesn't go to the bathroom with their phone these days? This is a photo that I look at now and I don't think there's a single thing I would change about it!

Follow us on Twitter!

INFORMATIONS