Starpery.com

swival shoulder for doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

swival shoulder for doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

hi while looking at the pvc pipe in a store i saw something that i think will work for a shoulder joint inside a stuffed french madem latex doll it has a 3/4 end where a pipe fits into one end and on the other is a threaded end what i am going to do is thread the peice on one end but not tight to the end drill and attach the lawn chair peices as described by homemadesextoys this way when the arm is lifted it will turn at the shoulder (up and down ) on the thread their is enough thread that it won't come undone . i will post pics later of the parts , etc. after i get started on it . with some pad peices attached to the end of the shoulder and stuffing it should be ok . :)

MaxQ

Post by MaxQ »

Hi timetraveler1,
I am always intrigued by new skeleton or armature designs. I remember Homemade sextoys instructive web site. Others might want to click this link to see the lawn chair design.

http://www.makerealsextoys.com/dolls.html

I think the fittings you are talking about use pipe threads. If so they are tapered. This could make it to tight or to loose in a small range of movement. A strong spring pulling male and female parts together from the inside might keep it snug over a greater range of movement. The threads might even out the stiction. The spring pulling pvc pipe into plain pvc female fitting might work as well or better than the threaded components, at lower cost. Secure the spring to the inside of the male piece. Drill a hole crosswise through the female side. Use a "spring hook" or a piece of twin and pull the spring to the hole. Drop a screw though the spring and the hole and it's done. 360 rotation and depending on the strength and pull of the spring, a LOT of stiction.

The lawn chair joints do look attractive from a cheap and easy point of view. Free if you or a friend has old chairs of the right type. Good luck with your design.
Data Control and IBM, Science is mankind's brother, and I realize that no one's wise, to my plastic fantastic Lover. From the song, Plastic Fantastic Lover by Jefferson Airplane 1968

INFORMATIONS