Starpery.com

How to fix air pocket in silicone doll?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Koop

How to fix air pocket in silicone doll?

Post by Koop »

I have the following air pocket in her abdomen below right above her core frame. My thoughts are to use a syringe with Elmer's glue and inject some glue and press firmly and hope that works. Would love to hear if that's a good idea or if there is a better strategy.
Attachments
test.JPG
test.JPG (246.84 KiB) Viewed 460 times

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: How to fix air pocket in silicone doll?

Post by Zlamvam »

I do not know, but I would imagine getting some Silicone piece if you have, or perhaps cut off some underneath her feet maybe? and heat it up to a liquid state, mix it with some glue, cut small hole in her to burst open the pocket, pour gently in the mix, smooth it out and let it dry for at least 24 hrs.

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

Unlike tpe, silicone does not have a melting point, it will simply burn and char instead of turning into liquid injectable. I would have to highly discourage zlamvam's idea, however well intentioned it was.

I'm not sure what else would be a good candidate for a filler, and especially not from experience. I know people have filled hollow breasts in silicone dolls with their own aloe vera gels, but that's for more of a tactile solution then solid one. I would be looking up what people use to seal surgery sites on their silicone dolls, and if it doesn't actually erode or disintegrate silicone in order to bind, maybe you can inject some of that. Hopefully more experienced silicone doll owners will contribute ideas in this thread later.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

jblock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jblock »

I had a palm sized air pocket show up on one of my silicone gals legs whenever I'd heat her up with an electric blanket. I bought a syringe from amazon thinking I'd use it to suck the air out. I found all was needed was to poke a hole there and all the air released and she was fine after that. Good luck with yours.

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I would not use Elmer's Glue. It dries once oxygen gets to it. It may stay liquid in your doll but the effects to the silicone are unknown. If you can't live with the air bubble, perhaps you should follow the others advice and suck the air out.

Otherwise there are some 2-part silicones that are used in special effects that are soft when cured.

If it does not really bother you I would use a saying that my father used to tell me, "Treat it like a sore dick and don't fuck with it".

If you absolutely have to make a repair I would wait for a very knowledgeable person to reply to your post. Personally, I would not experiment on my own as there are so many knowledgeable people on The Forum.

Koop

Post by Koop »

jblock wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:24 pm I had a palm sized air pocket show up on one of my silicone gals legs whenever I'd heat her up with an electric blanket. I bought a syringe from amazon thinking I'd use it to suck the air out. I found all was needed was to poke a hole there and all the air released and she was fine after that. Good luck with yours.
Yes I've done that to some extent and it's helped a lot, but the air comes back a bit. Maybe I just need to poke more holes!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

It's not an air pocket, it's a separation of the silicone skin from the underlying foam or harder silicone.
If you must fuck with it, your best bet is a thin two part silicone designed to bond to already cured silicone. Psycho-paint from Smooth-On is the only product I am aware of that fits that bill. You will need to extract all the air you can from the disconnected area, inject the mixed psycho-paint under the skin, reaching and coating every space that has been separated, then arch her back to press her belly firmly against the under foam.
Wait 24 hours, say a prayer, sacrifice a goat, and then see if it worked.

Reverend Jack.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS